*Official* Hunter Green!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDmiracle

Mmmmm Prozac!!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find the origonal hunter green thread. WTF is up with H. Green. It sounds like it could be funny, so clue in all of us who joined after the whole H.G. debacle. Also, we can just start a new hunter Green thread. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the origins can be found in DW's "Affirmative Action" thread.

Originally posted by soonerpillow
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the origins can be found in DW's "Affirmative Action" thread.
well, actually the origins of the hunter green debate started sometime well before the affirmative action thread. sometime before the start of the 2007 admissions cycle there were multiple random dumb threads on suit color, and for reasons i dont entirely understand several posters were absolutely convinced that wearing any hunter green in your outfit was automatic grounds for rejection and subsequent disqualification of your academic credentials.

i'm suprised the inside joke has lasted this long :p

Members don't see this ad :)
When in doubt, just CONFORM!
its the safest way to go

DW you seriously need to start another AA topic for the class of 2008 :) .

Originally posted by DW
i'm suprised the inside joke has lasted this long :p
those were the days........we used to have so much fun back then stressing out about getting into med school together. :D

remember the thread in the love forum? :p I bet GM still has her tassles........... ;)

Originally posted by seaworthc
remember the thread in the love forum? :p I bet GM still has her tassles........... ;)

DW still hasn't returned my tassles. i've been trying to get that man to call me, but to no avail. alas.

are your tassels hunter green.... I didn't read that thread:confused:

i was just reading the pants no pants thread......and i just saw that hunter green thing and it was so damn random for me that i just burst up laughing......

if its some sort of inside joke.......i dont need to know what it means......its funny whether i know what it means or not haha.

hey hunter green creator.......its brilliant i tell ya.......

Originally posted by GoodMonkey
DW still hasn't returned my tassles. i've been trying to get that man to call me, but to no avail. alas.

He's been seen trying them out. When you get them back I recommend significant disinfection.

I believe the original reason why hunter green was frowned upon is that green is the academic color of the field of medicine. Watch a med school's graduation that uses a cap and gown and you'll probably see that they use green to signify medicine.

Interesting link

The thread is called,

"The Official 'Why Hunter Green is an Inappriopriate color for an Interview suit' thread"

started by a girl who wanted to know why her friends told her not to wear that color to the interview.

Originally posted by premyo2002
are your tassels hunter green.... I didn't read that thread:confused:

H3LL NO! :mad: my tassles are rainbow spangles! the thong was hunter green

i wasn't just applying to any medical school with those... i was applying for entry into DW's class of 2007! :clap:

I was shopping for an interview suit yesterday and I saw more than a few hunter green suits and I just started laughing in the middle of the stores thinking of this thread. They almost have a camouflage feel. I think the people thought I was nuts laughing at a suit.

i don't know much about the hunter green joke, but i was reading "confessions of a shopaholic" (for mindless distraction of course...:)) and i thought the sdners would enjoy this little excerpt:

"I pull all my outfits out of the wardrobe and lay them on the bed. Blue suit, black suit, pink suit. Hopeless. Pinstriped suit? Hmm. Maybe overdoing it. Cream suit... too weddingy. Green suit... isn't that bad luck or something?"

so it's not just an sdn thing... i guess the green suit debacle has some basis to it afterall... :p