2008-2009 Loyola Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does loyola typically give out their acceptance phone calls?
Should I be on the edge of my seat until tomorrow afternoon? or do you think I can infer the answer if I don't get a call by the end of the evening tonight?

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I had the answer to that question :) I am in the same boat. Good Luck to you, though!

I am not sure about the latest call but I received mine about 4:30 PM (CST for the west coast crowd).

Members don't see this ad :)
How long is the commute from say, Wicker Park, to the medical school campus during no traffic, like 10 to 15 minutes right?

my estimate would be more like 15 to 20 minutes...but assuming no traffic a HUGE if, however.

on another note, has anyone heard from the adcom yet today?

Anyone get one of the last few interview invites?

Was hoping for one of the last invites, still haven't heard anything...

has anyone had any luck with in the area e-mails? I just sent one recently...:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone had any luck with in the area e-mails? I just sent one recently...:xf:

I didn't have any luck, they just said they would pass that info onto the committee and then unfortunately I didn't hear anything....

I'm new to this thread, but I got an interview invite this morning around 9:30 CST. Hopefully, they're still handing them out.

congrats!

i know this should make me hopeful, but it kinda makes me wanna cry...the waiting game continues...:bang:

congrats!

i know this should make me hopeful, but it kinda makes me wanna cry...the waiting game continues...:bang:

Saaame. ahh. tomorrow is thursday. I think it's all over

I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize today. I got SO nervous and excited. Turned out to be a spam call. what a disappointment.

Anyone who is waiting to hear call today? Any final interviews?

I called this morning, and apparently its done tomorrow. They still arent done reviewing my application, so I hope that is good news instead of bad news. Maybe we'll get lucky tomorrow :luck:.

This is getting kinda rediculous....they have to know by now...

i'm running very low on patience...:boom:

By phone...
If you still have the number, can you please post the phone number you got the call from ? (I missed some calls, so just see whether I got a call too:scared::(). Thanks.

If you still have the number, can you please post the phone number you got the call from ? (I missed some calls, so just see whether I got a call too:scared::(). Thanks.
its a 708 area code. they only do invites by phone.

Well, I called this morning and no interview for me. sigh.
Good luck to the rest of you-

Well, I called this morning and no interview for me. sigh.
Good luck to the rest of you-

:( I'm sorry to hear that--I was pretty heartbroken last year when I called at this time and they said the same thing to me. It made it all the worse that Loyola was both my dream school, and the only school I applied to.

I hope that things work out at the other schools you applied to. If you or any others apply to Loyola next year I wish you all the best of luck. It really seemed to help me out a lot in my application to Loyola this year that I had applied last year and wanted to go there so badly.

Anyone get any last minute good news today?

I called them yesterday and they said that if I don't get a phone call by next Wednesday, it's over.

Oh good I'm glad it's till next Wednesday. I've been anxiously checking my phone all day. When I called they didn't give me a day by when they would call, they just said that all applications will most likely be done being reviewed by Today. Well Best of Luck.

I called them yesterday and they said that if I don't get a phone call by next Wednesday, it's over.

I don't understand how they keep drawing this out...

The number is 708-216-9000. I hope you get a call soon because Loyola is great. I really enjoyed my interview day and they even said that they are still handing out a few direct offers which made me hopeful since its so late in the interview season. Good luck!

The number is 708-216-9000. I hope you get a call soon because Loyola is great. I really enjoyed my interview day and they even said that they are still handing out a few direct offers which made me hopeful since its so late in the interview season. Good luck!
Thanks bud. I hope so too.

Does anyone expect to hear anything today?

I finally got my rejection e-mail today. Thanks for waiting so long Loyola! It did mention that they had over 10,000 applicants... that is ridiculous.

at least you got something, i didnt even get an e-mail.

I finally got my rejection e-mail today. Thanks for waiting so long Loyola! It did mention that they had over 10,000 applicants... that is ridiculous.

I want one.

OK, i got the official e-mail yesterday. good luck to those of you still waiting on a decision and congrats to everyone accepted - ill leave this thread to you.

Any movement from the alternate list to report, I know we're still pre-May 15th, but thought I'd check.

I got that too...I withdrew back in November. Yay organization!
I got mine too. In your case...they are sending a rejection after you withdrew (in November)...unbelievable :wow:. How can we believe that these schools are processing our applications properly ?. The same office that forgot or ignored your withdrawal, could have done so many mistakes such as forgot to send interview invites or sending to wrong people...waitlists...acceptances. I can't even imagine:wow:

I got mine too. In your case...they are sending a rejection after you withdrew (in November)...unbelievable :wow:. How can we believe that these schools are processing our applications properly ?. The same office that forgot or ignored your withdrawal, could have done so many mistakes such as forgot to send interview invites or sending to wrong people...waitlists...acceptances. I can't even imagine:wow:
At another school that I applied to, I got a rejection letter from their school for graduate basic science studies... I'm pretty sure I applied to your med school but thanks anyway.:laugh:

Any movement from the alternate list to report, I know we're still pre-May 15th, but thought I'd check.

From what I've been told, Loyola ranks their waitlist after all interviews are completed. I think at this point all interviews are over, but I don't know if the admissions committee has met yet to A) decide on the fate of those people recently interviewed and B) rank the waitlist.

Best of luck!

I finally got the axe today. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.