2008-2009 Meharry Medical College Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDr2b

JESUS DID IT, NOT ME!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this one up there so I figured why the heck not. Has anybody heard anything from Meharry? God bless.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi BlackDr2b, I'm sure you've seen my post on the Howard & Morehouse threads hehe. I have the same question about Meharry. hahah Just looking to get the secondary questions so that I can start writing the essays since I will be receiving things a little later than everyone else.
Thanks and good luck!

Has anybody heard from Meharry?

Members don't see this ad :)
Naw. They and Howard seem to be on BST. :p

Come now, black standard time. Where have you been? hehe

Crossing my fingers that I don't get some uptight person who takes offense to that or starts with the "you're white, you can't say that crap." I've been talking about BST with my friends forever and i'm never going to stop.

What is BST? :confused:

I got an acknowledgment from Meharry last week. I don't think they have secondaries ready yet. Hope that helps? Probably not. Fingers crossed everyone!

Crossing my fingers that I don't get some uptight person who takes offense to that or starts with the "you're white, you can't say that crap." I've been talking about BST with my friends forever and i'm never going to stop.

I bet "some of your best friends are Black", aren't they? Perhaps even an ex-girlfriend from the 3rd grade? :rolleyes:

90% of my friends have been black since I've been in Jr High. I listen to primary 90's R&B, I was the only white kid on my high school football team or gospel choir...

I bet "some of your best friends are Black", aren't they? Perhaps even an ex-girlfriend from the 3rd grade? :rolleyes:

90% of my friends have been black since I've been in Jr High. I listen to primary 90's R&B, I was the only white kid on my high school football team or gospel choir...

1. Do you have a Black girlfriend?
2. Can you dance?
3. Can you sing the theme song from Good Times?
4. What was Fred Sanford's middle name?
5. Do you give high fives or a terrorist fist bump?

:rolleyes:

No. She's brazilian. But her little brother is black. Different dad.
2. Can you dance?
Very well.
Used to be able to.
Depends on the situation... What is Warren G's last name?
You, mam, are freaking HILARIOUS! :)

CPT is the more common term where I'm from, which is colored people time. Reminds me of a funny story from my school, one of the white guys on the predominately black intramural football team had the initials CP and the back of his jersey said "CP Time." Everyone got a pretty big kick out of that.

Most of the fellow blacks that I have encountered on here seem to be quite mellow when it comes race relations so I wouldn't expect anyone to get upset about that term. Most of the more angry types have been of the caucasion persuasion, but thats to be expected since I would be willing to bet that this site is probably ~95% white, so the amount of tools on the forum is gonna reflect that proportion.

No. She's brazilian. But her little brother is black. Different dad.
2. Can you dance?
Very well.
Used to be able to.
Depends on the situation... What is Warren G's last name?
You, mam, are freaking HILARIOUS! :)

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually laughed when I first saw BST. I know it as CPT personally. I ain't trippin though. I don't think you were trying to be malicious or anything.

I actually laughed when I first saw BST. I know it as CPT personally. I ain't trippin though. I don't think you were trying to be malicious or anything.

Yeah I laughed too. Making fun of our differences will bring us alot closer than denying that we have any differences at all. I know that was waaay corny :oops:

Yeah I laughed too. Making fun of our differences will bring us alot closer than denying that we have any differences at all. I know that was waaay corny :oops:

Hahahaha. Its ok, at least you went for it! LOL

Just interacting with each other brings us together. No matter what we're talking about or saying. It's much harder to categorically dislike a group of people when you've fundamentally realized that they are about 99% the same as you. You can only realize that once you've spent enough time with them. Ehh... I'm babbling.. but basically I miss black people! Let me into Meharry, damnit!

Just interacting with each other brings us together. No matter what we're talking about or saying. It's much harder to categorically dislike a group of people when you've fundamentally realized that they are about 99% the same as you. You can only realize that once you've spent enough time with them. Ehh... I'm babbling.. but basically I miss black people! Let me into Meharry, damnit!

Hey Maja, if you got into Meharry, would you really go? Just asking.

Heck (this said "hell", but with all the 2013 in Jesus Name you got going, I decided to change it) yeah I would. Are you kidding me? If I got into Howard and Meharry, it'd be a toss up.

Hey, by the way, is that picture you posted in the other forum from Roscoes? It looks familiar.

You're from LA, right?

Yeah this even transcends race sometimes. My university is 20% black and lots of my black friends told me they didn't like me when they first saw me cause they "thought I acted like a white boy." So its very easy to miss out on meeting lots of interesting people if you judge them without even knowing them.

Heck (this said "hell", but with all the 2013 in Jesus Name you got going, I decided to change it) yeah I would. Are you kidding me? If I got into Howard and Meharry, it'd be a toss up.

Hey, by the way, is that picture you posted in the other forum from Roscoes? It looks familiar.

You're from LA, right?

Yeah I'm from LA. That was in Denny's. Roscoes is my choice place to eat. I go to the one on Manchester and Main. Where you stay at?

The funniest thing is the opposite thing happened to me. Coming out of high school, I went to a primarily white and asian UC college... For the first two years, I got constantly asked "dude, do you think you're black or something?"... sigh. So it was double discomforting for me.

Yeah this even transcends race sometimes. My university is 20% black and lots of my black friends told me they didn't like me when they first saw me cause they "thought I acted like a white boy." So its very easy to miss out on meeting lots of interesting people if you judge them without even knowing them.

West LA. I went to Hamilton High School... My girlfriend lives off La Brea RIGHT near Manchester though.

Why'd I think that was Roscoes... probably because of the dim light. Meh. Where part are YOU from?

Yeah I'm from LA. That was in Denny's. Roscoes is my choice place to eat. I go to the one on Manchester and Main. Where you stay at?

West LA. I went to Hamilton High School... My girlfriend lives off La Brea RIGHT near Manchester though.

Why'd I think that was Roscoes... probably because of the dim light. Meh. Where part are YOU from?

Right now I am still up here in Davis. I am moving back home in 2 weeks. I have a house in Compton. I have stayed a lot of different places. Diamond Bar, Pomona, Chino, 84th & Denker, Carson. I went to Diamond Bar High

Davis? What? I went to Davis. What the hell? From LA, then Davis? Me too mang.

You are a man of many homes.

Right now I am still up here in Davis. I am moving back home in 2 weeks. I have a house in Compton. I have stayed a lot of different places. Diamond Bar, Pomona, Chino, 84th & Denker, Carson. I went to Diamond Bar High

Davis? What? I went to Davis. What the hell? From LA, then Davis? Me too mang.

You are a man of many homes.

Yeah, I did my postbacc here. I graduated from Sac State

Just FYI, I was allowed to complete the secondary on last Sat.

Last edited:
I just got an email from meharry. Do they screen their secondary?

I was told that they do screen. I guess perhaps I got screened out. Oh well.

really? i always thought they gave everybody secondaries. Last time I applied I got a different email. This time they said they will do further communication after initial review of the app. Ummmm....

I just got a letter:

"We apologize, Timothy, but the admission committee's preliminary review has established that you are simply TOO peckerwood for our School of Medicine. While we encourage and try to build a diverse class of medical students, your howdy-doodie lookin a** would just throw everything out of wack. We hope you understand and wish you the best of luck in your applications to medical school this year."

hehe, no, getting an email like that would be worth the rejection though...

really? i always thought they gave everybody secondaries. Last time I applied I got a different email. This time they said they will do further communication after initial review of the app. Ummmm....

I just got a letter:

"We apologize, Timothy, but the admission committee's preliminary review has established that you are simply TOO peckerwood for our School of Medicine. While we encourage and try to build a diverse class of medical students, your howdy-doodie lookin a** would just throw everything out of wack. We hope you understand and wish you the best of luck in your applications to medical school this year."

hehe, no, getting an email like that would be worth the rejection though...

Hahahaha, that would be hilarious!

It says Meharry will contact me after further review. What do they look for? :confused:

It says Meharry will contact me after further review. What do they look for? :confused:

I have no clue! I think this is the first year they have done this. I didnt get anything like this in 2006. We shall see.

I have no clue! I think this is the first year they have done this. I didnt get anything like this in 2006. We shall see.

I didn't know you were a reapplicant. That should help you out since it shows an amount of fervency.

I didn't know you were a reapplicant. That should help you out since it shows an amount of fervency.

Yes sir. I applied in 2006 and got 0 interviews and all rejections! LOL. Lord willing this will b my and our year.

Yes sir. I applied in 2006 and got 0 interviews and all rejections! LOL. Lord willing this will b my and our year.

Well I'm a firm believer that anyone can get into med school if they keep trying and try hard enough.

So what have you done to improve your application since then? I've been addressing the issue that, considering the statistics, theres a good chance I will be a reapplicant too one day. So I'm also trying to formulate my plan B for getting into med school.

I just got an email from meharry. Do they screen their secondary?

I received that e-mail back in the early part of July and haven't heard anything since. :confused: It seemed like they were taking time to pre-screen so that's why I haven't even thought about that secondary...

Who's gonna e-mail 'em and ask? :idea:

I just got the secondary email this morning. Game on!!!

I just got mine as well! I think they're reading this thread!!! :eek:

I just got mine as well! I think they're reading this thread!!! :eek:

That would be funny. although I have heard people on admissions committees reading these threads! :laugh:. Who knows. God bless.

Also got it this morning, here is the prompt:

Please indicate why you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?
(Small box with no listed character limit, I would estimate that you could fit about 200 words in there.)

Also got it this morning, here is the prompt:

Please indicate why you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?
(Small box with no listed character limit, I would estimate that you could fit about 200 words in there.)

I did a word count from the first time i applied and it was 150 words.

there's no character limit, i wrote about 600 words. your response doesn't have to fit in the box because the box just scrolls down if you keep writing.

For the question on the supplemental application asking about "Type of application," does re-application refer to a previous application to Meharry Medical College or any medical school?

I'm still waiting for a response from Meharry but I thought I'd ask you guys just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.