2008-2009 Meharry Medical College Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything from the waitlist, have there been any changes?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have been following this thread for some time now and just wanted to let you guys know that I have just been pulled off the waitlist. I strongly urge anyone still on the waitlist to call Mr. Mosley NOW.

o.k here's my timeline.

1)Interviewd April 24th.
2)called admissions office at least once a week and also emailed at least twice a week.
Sent in my LOI late middle of last month.
3)Basically I kept doing #1 till I received an email acceptance this mourning.

O.k guys, good luck to every one out there.

one more thing, I really really prayed for a miracle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say how many spots were open?

The admission office is very coy about revealing how many spots they have open. Even when I was there for the interview, I asked Mrs davis if there was any spots open but she did not give me a direct answer. Although I'll point out that Mr. Mosley is honest. He will let you know if there is a spot or not but I don't think he will tell you how many.

The admission office is very coy about revealing how many spots they have open. Even when I was there for the interview, I asked Mrs davis if there was any spots open but she did not give me a direct answer. Although I'll point out that Mr. Mosley is honest. He will let you know if there is a spot or not but I don't think he will tell you how many.

Dude!
Congrats!
But I gotta say, Barca>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ManUtd :D

Thanks for the advice. I wish I would have been calling more often.

Dude!
Congrats!
But I gotta say, Barca>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ManUtd :D

thanks.

I admit that I enjoyed watching barca play. we had our chances early and if we had taken one you never know. Anyway, hats off to barca they had a great season. I was very happy for Henry (i never hated him when he was at arsenal). But the way real is spending, they better win next year....

make no mistake about it WE WILL BE BACK.

anyone planning on retaking the mcat?

I am getting rid of my princeton review books (the whole package that comes with classroom course 09' edition ) + access to online materials (expires in feb 10'). I paid 1900 for it and I don't need it anymore. If you are interested, send me a private message.

has anyone heard of any more wait list movement this week?

has anyone heard of any more wait list movement this week?

only thing i heard was that the committee was meeting tues (last tues) and that there was supposedly only one space left but according to the email they sent out for the waiting list it is possible to get pulled in sometime between now and when classes start IF someone happens to withdraw (according to Mr. Graves in the past they had someone pull out right before classes started)

only thing i heard was that the committee was meeting tues (last tues) and that there was supposedly only one space left but according to the email they sent out for the waiting list it is possible to get pulled in sometime between now and when classes start IF someone happens to withdraw (according to Mr. Graves in the past they had someone pull out right before classes started)

email for the wait list? i never got this. when did they send this out?

Hey guys, today was orientation. probably 2 or three people did not show up. I overheard Mr. Mosley talking about working the phone lines today to replace them. Again, CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE NOW. I am guessing they have made the phone calls today already. I have been busy looking for an apartment all day so I haven't gotten a chance to get online. But still call if you haven't. I wish everyone else on the waitlist good luck.

Side Note: For the people in the post bac program or people contemplating of doing one at Meharry. I have to say Meharry pulls quite a bit into their medical school compared to one school in particular that I know of (I don't know much about other school's post bac). I wasn't counting but close to the quater of Dental+Medical (slightly more than 155) were post bac when we were introducting ourselves. So if you are in the post bac program I have to say you have a good shot of getting into the med school.

email for the wait list? i never got this. when did they send this out?

i got an email about a week or two after i interviewed saying I was on the waiting list. :

[SIZE=+0]Dear Interviewee:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]I congratulate you for completing the Interview Process for admissions to Meharry Medical College -- especially since we have so many applicants for the entering class. The Admissions Committee for the School of Medicine has recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List for this upcoming year. We are still in the process of reviewing other eligible applicants. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]You should be notified on or before July 5th if you are selected for admission. If you are not officially notified that you have been offered a place in the 2009 entering class by this date, it will be necessary for you to reapply for admission in a future entering class.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]In the meantime, I wish you every success in your quest for admission into the medical profession. Thank you for your continued interest in Meharry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Sincerely,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Allen D. Mosley, M.S.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Director Admissions and Recruitment[/SIZE]

I talked to Mr. Mosley today and he said that the people who hadn't showed up yesterday said that they were coming so as of now the class is full at 105. :-(

i got an email about a week or two after i interviewed saying I was on the waiting list. :

[SIZE=+0]Dear Interviewee:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]I congratulate you for completing the Interview Process for admissions to Meharry Medical College -- especially since we have so many applicants for the entering class. The Admissions Committee for the School of Medicine has recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List for this upcoming year. We are still in the process of reviewing other eligible applicants. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]You should be notified on or before July 5th if you are selected for admission. If you are not officially notified that you have been offered a place in the 2009 entering class by this date, it will be necessary for you to reapply for admission in a future entering class.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]In the meantime, I wish you every success in your quest for admission into the medical profession. Thank you for your continued interest in Meharry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Sincerely,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Allen D. Mosley, M.S.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Director Admissions and Recruitment[/SIZE]

I talked to Mr. Mosley today and he said that the people who hadn't showed up yesterday said that they were coming so as of now the class is full at 105. :-(

thanks for the info. let's hope people actually don't show up.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.