-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Rush Medical College secondary application thread
Started by rjpark2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite today for Rush! This is my first interview so I am really excited. I had pretty much given up hope for getting in this year. Good luck to everyone that hasn't heard...there are defintely interview spots left! 🙂
Congrats on the interview! There may be hope for me yet...when were you complete?
just got accepted today! RUSH RUSH RUSH.
btw im from cali so there is hope for the non-chicagoans
btw im from cali so there is hope for the non-chicagoans
congrats guys!!! join the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=52630585955
Congrats on the interview! There may be hope for me yet...when were you complete?
I was complete mid October.
Congrats to all those recently accepted! 🙂 I am getting incredibly nervous/excited for my interview!
I am getting incredibly nervous/excited for my interview!
When?
When?
starfish, why haven't you joined the group! do you want to be shuned
sorry this is a little last minute, but i wanted to let you all know I had to cancel my interview for wed., march 4th. so that date should be open!
does anyone know if rush is still sending interview invites? so people who haven't heard anything are probably rejected by now....i mean i read somewhere that rush doesn't send rejection letters or something like that.
I think I heard that rush interviews until the beginning of march .. so they are probably not sending anymore interview invites out.. (correct me if i'm wrong though !) and yeah, they don't send rejection letters out. I am a reapplicant and when I applied last year I never got a letter.
whats the lowest gpa and mcat that anyone knows of that rush has accepted?
My 3.34 gpa provides an upper bound, but it's not impossible there's someone lower. I'm probably not the kind of data point you're looking for, though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whats the lowest gpa and mcat that anyone knows of that rush has accepted?
haha all three of your posts are the exact same, just at different schools. lol. check the MSAR it will tell you the lowest 10% of the accepted class' GPAs and MCATs.
haha all three of your posts are the exact same, just at different schools. lol. check the MSAR it will tell you the lowest 10% of the accepted class' GPAs and MCATs.
of check the LizzyM spreadsheet.
does anyone know if rush is still sending interview invites? so people who haven't heard anything are probably rejected by now....i mean i read somewhere that rush doesn't send rejection letters or something like that.
Got an email at 3 this morning entitled "Rush Medical College Completes Interview Season" and it was a rejection. I guess this means they're finished.
Got an email at 3 this morning entitled "Rush Medical College Completes Interview Season" and it was a rejection. I guess this means they're finished.
Hmm...I didn't get an email. Strange.
Hmm...I didn't get an email. Strange.
they often have iffy/weird emailing systems
but wow are they really done?
does that mean the class will soon be finalized?
does that mean the class will soon be finalized?
I'm guessing the class won't be finalized finalized until nearly September. Even if the last interviews were today, lots of wishy-washy people will hold off on decisions until May 15, then people will get in off the waitlist, then some people will withdraw from Rush to take a waitlist acceptance elsewhere, etc., etc.
does anyone know if people got off the waitlist last year ? i heard there was no waitlist movement but i find that REALLY hard to believe.
Dunno, but I remember them saying that the waitlist is not ranked, so I don't really see how there can be "movement."
o okI'm guessing the class won't be finalized finalized until nearly September. Even if the last interviews were today, lots of wishy-washy people will hold off on decisions until May 15, then people will get in off the waitlist, then some people will withdraw from Rush to take a waitlist acceptance elsewhere, etc., etc.
wait nellia, i thought you were accepted alreadydoes anyone know if people got off the waitlist last year ? i heard there was no waitlist movement but i find that REALLY hard to believe.
when should we start looking for housing
Well, incoming students get priority at Center Court until May 1, so you should probably at least make an on/off-campus decision by then.
does anyone know if people got off the waitlist last year ? i heard there was no waitlist movement but i find that REALLY hard to believe.
Don't know. I did hear that last year towards the end the season, interview groups got huge, I assume, because they had a decent number of open seats. I guess they keep interviewing until they find who they want.
I can't think of anyone who said they were waitlisted prior to being accepted, but it's not like I did a poll of the class or something.
Preclinical
Honors is 90% or class average + 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower
Pass is 70% or class average - 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower.
Clinical is H/HP/P/F. Numbers depend on the department.
Honors is 90% or class average + 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower
Pass is 70% or class average - 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower.
Clinical is H/HP/P/F. Numbers depend on the department.
Preclinical
Honors is 90% or class average + 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower
Pass is 70% or class average - 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower.
Clinical is H/HP/P/F. Numbers depend on the department.
thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Preclinical
Honors is 90% or class average + 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower
Pass is 70% or class average - 1.5 stdev. which ever is lower.
Is it more common for those to be determined by class average or the flat percent? In other words, what is the general range for class averages and standard deviations?
Got an email at 3 this morning entitled "Rush Medical College Completes Interview Season" and it was a rejection. I guess this means they're finished.
i'm still waiting for this e-mail. has anyone else gotten it? does it mean something that i haven't gotten it yet or am i still rejected?
i'm still waiting for this e-mail. has anyone else gotten it? does it mean something that i haven't gotten it yet or am i still rejected?
rush sends out their emails randomly for some reason. i'm sorry but if they say that the interview season has concluded for some people i think it means for all people or else they would just tell that person they are rejected
i'm still waiting for this e-mail. has anyone else gotten it? does it mean something that i haven't gotten it yet or am i still rejected?
You're probably rejected. But, as a consolation prize, you can get as drunk as you see fit tomorrow.
You're probably rejected. But, as a consolation prize, you can get as drunk as you see fit tomorrow.
i would have done that anyway. theres no reason not to enjoy my last semester as an undergrad just because of med school problems.
i would have done that anyway. theres no reason not to enjoy my last semester as an undergrad just because of med school problems.
haha, definitely, trying to get into med school has never stopped me from having fun.
chief, I also have not received the end of interview season email. has anyone else gotten it?
Is it more common for those to be determined by class average or the flat percent? In other words, what is the general range for class averages and standard deviations?
Usually scores are the flat percentages. Once or twice a year they average/stdev is applied.
Class averages are around the 80-84 mark with stdev being ~6.
i would have done that anyway. theres no reason not to enjoy my last semester as an undergrad just because of med school problems.
Kinda surprised you haven't had better luck. Your numbers look good, esp that 35.
shiftingmirage, do you mind telling us what year you are (it's okay if you want to stay anonymous).
also have you heard anything about the curriculum hours, i can't go to second look but i was just wondering if they are shifting it to 8am, i don't understand how that means less class, it seems like its more class.
do you have any photos of the gym?
is the anatomy lab relatively new? (i can't remember)
and sorry i ask all these annoying questions.
also have you heard anything about the curriculum hours, i can't go to second look but i was just wondering if they are shifting it to 8am, i don't understand how that means less class, it seems like its more class.
do you have any photos of the gym?
is the anatomy lab relatively new? (i can't remember)
and sorry i ask all these annoying questions.
shiftingmirage, do you mind telling us what year you are (it's okay if you want to stay anonymous).
also have you heard anything about the curriculum hours, i can't go to second look but i was just wondering if they are shifting it to 8am, i don't understand how that means less class, it seems like its more class.
do you have any photos of the gym?
is the anatomy lab relatively new? (i can't remember)
and sorry i ask all these annoying questions.
I'm a first year.
Don't really know, don't think they are exactly sure yet. I thought they were going to give you two afternoons off a week and you would get out of every other anatomy lab early, and I thought they were moving anatomy lab to T/TH mornings.
Rush doesn't have a gym. They have an agreement with UIC for a discount. I think its 300-350 for the year.
I would not say the anatomy lab is new, but I don't think it matters. It's got all the tools you'll need.
Don't know where you heard that from. And if you do the UIC gym you only get access to the west gym not the east one, which I believe is newer. Don't know why they don't just give you access to both.
Depends which week. During preceptor week, usually get 3 or 4 afternoons off, which is obviously really nice. Dumb things is is that preceptor week is one of the first weeks of the quarter and then first week after midterms. Most do nothing during those periods. It would be nicer to have those closer to exams that way we get the time off to study. Hopefully with this new schedule they will improve the scheduling of the classes. Some weeks, you'll have lots of class A, and non of class B, and vice versa. I think most would appreciate if the classes are more evenly spread out.
Does the welcome letter contain orientation info? Unlike most schools, Rush doesn't give you the 'white package' until orientation.
Depends which week. During preceptor week, usually get 3 or 4 afternoons off, which is obviously really nice. Dumb things is is that preceptor week is one of the first weeks of the quarter and then first week after midterms. Most do nothing during those periods. It would be nicer to have those closer to exams that way we get the time off to study. Hopefully with this new schedule they will improve the scheduling of the classes. Some weeks, you'll have lots of class A, and non of class B, and vice versa. I think most would appreciate if the classes are more evenly spread out.
Does the welcome letter contain orientation info? Unlike most schools, Rush doesn't give you the 'white package' until orientation.
what's the white package? no orientation letter though. i am almost 100% they told me they had a gym, just a small one, i will ask them about it though. it's not really that importnat, i will just join the gym otherwise. so other than preceptor weeks is it like 2 afternoons off? but you get out early the ohter 2 dissecting days when you don't dissect but listen right?
so other than preceptor weeks is it like 2 afternoons off?
We don't have preceptor weeks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
o ok
wait nellia, i thought you were accepted already
yeah i was accepted ! it was just a general wondering haha - i just got my letter to send in my deposit .. very exciting ! also, definitely no gym at rush .. apparently the reason is because there are really strict rules about that kind of stuff because it can be seen as a perk to get residents to come to a particular hospital? or physicians? this is what i heard but a lot of hospitals have gyms so i'm not sure if i totally understood the situation.
yeah i know. i don't know why i am inquiring about their schedule since ours is differentWe don't have preceptor weeks!
i'm just excited for med school i guessoh ok. darn, but other schools i visited had gyms 🙁 i want to save money. i might just buy my own bike.yeah i was accepted ! it was just a general wondering haha - i just got my letter to send in my deposit .. very exciting ! also, definitely no gym at rush .. apparently the reason is because there are really strict rules about that kind of stuff because it can be seen as a perk to get residents to come to a particular hospital? or physicians? this is what i heard but a lot of hospitals have gyms so i'm not sure if i totally understood the situation.
oh ok. darn, but other schools i visited had gyms 🙁 i want to save money. i might just buy my own bike.
I would think the biking in Chicago isn't that great. Are you talking about a stationary bike?
Anyway, I got my rejection email today. Boo hoo. No love from any Chicago schools, but I'd rather know something than wait around for the next couple of months.
I would think the biking in Chicago isn't that great. Are you talking about a stationary bike?
Anyway, I got my rejection email today. Boo hoo. No love from any Chicago schools, but I'd rather know something than wait around for the next couple of months.
yeah i know. either a spinning bike or a bike and just get a stand
hey everyone! does anyone know if rush interviews just through march, or through april also?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
