-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Boston University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
does anyone know if BU is going to start sending out another round of interview invites? Or am I pretty much toast if I was complete end of September and still haven't heard anything from them?
dont worry you still haven't chance.. its not over till its over and BU is not shy about rejecting people either.. good luck 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
boo this sucks I haven't received an email or call... : /
Yeah me too... Hopefully my interviewer is not the kind to notify applicants ahead of time. Do they reject many on the first round? Or are most deferred? Also, did most of you who have been accepted send updates and other types of correspondence before getting accepted?
yes i am! 🙂
See you there. 😉
I'll be the guy with the Hawaiian T-shirt, shorts, crocs, and cigar.
See you there. 😉
I'll be the guy with the Hawaiian T-shirt, shorts, crocs, and cigar.
sounds more like my current weather out here in AZ....a warm 72 degrees today.
haha.....i'll be fairly noticeable. probably the only person (guy) with curly hair. usually pretty easy to find in a group of people. see you then! 🙂
Haha.. I've never wanted a call so badly.. I tried leaving my phone in my room all day and was really hoping for a missed call.. but nope.. not today.. lol 😳
Maybe better luck tomorrow?
Maybe better luck tomorrow?

Haha.. I've never wanted a call so badly.. I tried leaving my phone in my room all day and was really hoping for a missed call.. but nope.. not today.. lol 😳
Maybe better luck tomorrow?![]()
tomorrow could be the day we'll get the status updates.. hopefully good news


Yeah me too... Hopefully my interviewer is not the kind to notify applicants ahead of time. Do they reject many on the first round? Or are most deferred? Also, did most of you who have been accepted send updates and other types of correspondence before getting accepted?
Yeah, I sent a letter of interest and an update letter about a month after I interviewed.
tomorrow could be the day we'll get the status updates.. hopefully good news![]()
I think Monday is our first chance. Not a Sunday. 😉
I think Monday is our first chance. Not a Sunday. 😉
Actually, last year the status page changed on Sunday, Jan. 11 around 4:45 pm according to last year's thread.
Actually, last year the status page changed on Sunday, Jan. 11 around 4:45 pm according to last year's thread.
Why can't all interviewers call?? So nerve-wrecking waiting for the result..

Yeah me too... Hopefully my interviewer is not the kind to notify applicants ahead of time. Do they reject many on the first round? Or are most deferred? Also, did most of you who have been accepted send updates and other types of correspondence before getting accepted?
I uploaded an update letter about 1 month post interview. I did not send a letter of interest or intent. Hang in there everyone who is still waiting!
Actually, last year the status page changed on Sunday, Jan. 11 around 4:45 pm according to last year's thread.
yea thats why i thought it might
be today!Why can't all interviewers call?? So nerve-wrecking waiting for the result..![]()
seriously man i hope we end up accepted or deffered for the worst

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there is a good chance it'd be monday too considering sunday last year was the 11th and today is the 10th! this anticipation is not letting me do anything else!! come on BU plz love me backkkkk 😍
there is a good chance it'd be monday too considering sunday last year was the 11th and today is the 10th! this anticipation is not letting me do anything else!! come on BU plz love me backkkkk 😍
lol...its like u are reading my mind
i'm in! really sweet email from dr. witzburg a couple of hours ago.![]()
did u interview with him? still haven't heard anything.
was this a personal e-mail? or a general acceptance e-mail? aka did your status change too?
personal email, with some helpful info.
here's the lowdown: acceptance decisions were just finalized towards the end of last week. interviewers at BUSM are "encouraged," but not required, to call or personally email people. status changes and official letters will be going out in a few days. so don't automatically freak out if you haven't heard anything 🙂
did u interview with him? still haven't heard anything.
yeah, i interviewed with him. i think i'm one of very few people that got the man himself, haha. he is AWESOME.
Thanks dw.
Hmmm...I can't remember my interviewer's name...but he was a very sweet Asian faculty member who ran the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. Anyone hear from him? 😀
Waiting for decisions does kind of sucks.
Hey, I interviewed with him! Haven't heard anything either.
Last edited:
Hey, I interviewed with him! Haven't heard anything yet either.
Same here. Phew, thats a bit reassuring.
Thanks dw.
Hmmm...I can't remember my interviewer's name...but he was a very sweet Asian faculty member who ran the Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. Anyone hear from him? 😀
Waiting for decisions does kind of sucks.
Agreed. I wish they would just send everyone a status update when the decision is reached.
personal email, with some helpful info.
here's the lowdown: acceptance decisions were just finalized towards the end of last week. interviewers at BUSM are "encouraged," but not required, to call or personally email people. status changes and official letters will be going out in a few days. so don't automatically freak out if you haven't heard anything 🙂
By "the end last week" .. do you mean the week that just passed, or the week before new years?
did anyone interview with a psychiatrist named Isildore Berenbaum? I still have not heard from him.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. Phew, thats a bit reassuring.
Phew. Yeah, he seemed busy and sort of distant from the admissions office so it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't send anything our way.
did anyone interview with a psychiatrist named Isildore Berenbaum? I still have not heard from him.
i interviewed with him too. haven't heard anything. am really regretting not sending any updates or letters of intent and assuming the worst...
did anyone interview with a guy with initials SL (physiology)? i haven't heard from him.. but he doesn't seem like the type to call.. it took him a week just to respond to my post-interview "thank you" email. he seems like the typical absent-minded prof... i hope 😕
By "the end last week" .. do you mean the week that just passed, or the week before new years?
this question is so neurotic that i am hesitant to dignify it with an answer 🙄 😛
by "end of last week" i mean the week that just passed. which is what one usually means by "end of last week."
relax, bud!
this question is so neurotic that i am hesitant to dignify it with an answer 🙄 😛
by "end of last week" i mean the week that just passed. which is what one usually means by "end of last week."
relax, bud!
Actually.. there is a specific reason why I asked. But thanks for the info. 🙂
Last edited:
My interviewer didn't even respond to my post-interview thank you email.
Is this typical?
It happens.. don't fret. I doubt it means anything.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone interview with a psychiatrist named Isildore Berenbaum? I still have not heard from him.
I interviewed with him and got a call from him on Friday...but maybe he doesn't call everyone?
Someone mentioned this earlier but if you want to know if your interviewer calls or not just search their name in the forum and you could find them...worked for me
Be warned though, you may not find what you like...
Be warned though, you may not find what you like...
could you elaborate?You are confused by the "official numbers." BU accepted no one off the wait list in 2007 because they "over-accepted in Jan/March" They ended up with more students than they wanted. I think the same thing happened in the 2008 cycle.
It's a pretty hot school right now, for a variety of reasons. One of them is that it is a totally awesome med school in just about every way!!!
For example, their admissions process is nothing sort of genius. The student body they pull together is truly amazing: smart, dedicated, focused, great people. It is, overall, the least toolish group of people I have ever been associated with.
And Boston is great too.
And I don't think they outright accept 500, it is more like 350. But I might be wrong.
But if you are deferred, stay very hopeful. Many of us here were first deferred and then accepted in March!!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
