2009-2010 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!! I was complete 7/7 with the same "OSA Review" status. Got an email invite today :D
Your school list amazes me...

It sounds like the application process is moving pretty fast here. I need to hurry up and finish my sec.

Members don't see this ad.

Your school list amazes me...

It sounds like the application process is moving pretty fast here. I need to hurry up and finish my sec.

Ha ha thanks...I guess. I don't know if the process is moving that fast or if it's just that the concentration of people who use SDN happen to be real "go getters" if you will. :diebanana:

Just got an interview today. That was super fast! I just turned my secondary in 4 days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was very surprised also. I'm gonna try and stay anonymous through the cycle. But my GPA is above a 3.9 and MCAT is above a 30 but nothing spectacular.

whoo hoo! Just got an interview invite as well today! So excited :D

whoo hoo! Just got an interview invite as well today! So excited :D
Good to hear, I'm glad to see you have similar numbers compared to me. When did you submit your secondary? I should have mine done tomorrow afternoon.

Good to hear, I'm glad to see you have similar numbers compared to me. When did you submit your secondary? I should have mine done tomorrow afternoon.

It seems they're doing OOS first... not one FL person on here that's gotten an invite :p

I submitted on the 6th and was complete by the 7th so they're very fast!

Submitted sec today! It's on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite. I got the email yesterday morning and it made my day and weekend :D.

diversity essays are the ones i hate the most. does anyone have advice for completing those?

Phew, it's refreshing to know all the interview invites are going to OOS... because im in FL and was kinda freaking out for a sec there

PS my status changed from OSA Review or w/e to "Preliminary Review Completed" on 7/23.. anyone else get this? or know what it means?

im instate..and got an interview last week. I dnt think there doing it by out of state first. The day after my app was submitted i got the invite.

im instate..and got an interview last week. I dnt think there doing it by out of state first. The day after my app was submitted i got the invite.

what are your stats like?

Hm I just updated mine - realized that I didn't have the math prereq quite satisfied for them so I enrolled for one more semester of calculus (again - ugh) and sent my update to them. They said precalc doesn't count.

Last edited:
Hm I just updated mine - realized that I didn't have the math prereq quite satisfied for them so I enrolled for one more semester of calculus (again - ugh) and sent my update to them. They said precalc doesn't count.

did they tell you that it didn't fulfill it for them?

anyway, i called the school today and they told me that preliminary review complete means they reviewed it once and will let you know if you get an interview or not unless they got a huge volume of applications and will want to review your app again. waiting sucks

PS my status changed from OSA Review or w/e to "Preliminary Review Completed" on 7/23.. anyone else get this? or know what it means?
Ooooo...Mine says "Preliminary Review Completed" as of today. I'm getting kind of excited now! Like stayclassy asked, what does it mean? When did you guys hear about interviews?

Ooooo...Mine says "Preliminary Review Completed" as of today. I'm getting kind of excited now! Like stayclassy asked, what does it mean? When did you guys hear about interviews?

I had review completed on 7/7 and got the interview invite last week. I think they might be moving faster now, but that was the timeline for me. Good luck!!

Does anyone have the link to the secondary? I'm nowhere near my email :(

So anyone have any idea how many they interview, and how friendly they are to OOS students?

Wow, FIU officially has the coolest Secondary system ever.

Preliminary Review Completed. Dang, that's blazing fast. I submitted mine today.

Interview invite! I was complete yesterday. So fast!! :woot:

Do you have the link to their interview invite in their email? I don't see it.

me too!! i was complete 7/7! So excited!
What are your and blue's stats? I was thinking I had a really good shot at this one...it's still very early though...

What are your and blue's stats? I was thinking I had a really good shot at this one...it's still very early though...

I got an email today morning. Really surprised, I turned in my app. yesterday. Send me a PM for my stats.

For those with invites, are you guys flying by Southwest? Soutwest doesn't fly to Miami International Aiport? What the heck?:confused:

For those with invites, are you guys flying by Southwest? Soutwest doesn't fly to Miami International Aiport? What the heck?:confused:
I'm going American Airlines, but I booked through STA and that was way cheaper than that same flight on other sites.

You could also fly into Ft. Lauterdale, idk if Southwest goes there.

I'm going American Airlines, but I booked through STA and that was way cheaper than that same flight on other sites.

You could also fly into Ft. Lauterdale, idk if Southwest goes there.

Thanks so much for that STA thing. Never knew it existed.:thumbup:

zeke's gonna get some good one and done recruits here. + the potential for a scandal to break out at anytime = golden campus atmosphere

zeke's gonna get some good one and done recruits here. + the potential for a scandal to break out at anytime = golden campus atmosphere

What's that supposed to mean?

i'm excited about the interview!! just realized though--they don't even have my recs yet. my school sends them out third week of august. are they giving everyone an interview this year?

i'm excited about the interview!! just realized though--they don't even have my recs yet. my school sends them out third week of august. are they giving everyone an interview this year?

Trolling around much? :D They can't give everyone interviews... I don't think there's any school that gives EVERYONE an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.