2009-2010 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that supposed to mean?
I think he's ******ed. Probably best to just nod along and smile like this :D.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isaiah Thomas ruins the team he coaches. FIU got the worse end of this deal.:D

Hey does anyone know whether they are flexible with the non-science letter requirement?
Thanks in advance

Hey does anyone know whether they are flexible with the non-science letter requirement?
Thanks in advance

Non-science is just non-science... I put something from a class like Aviation Safety in there as non-science. :thumbup:

I noticed bc the second time they sent me an email the name had changed lol

I hope you're right about the scholarships (esp. if I get in:xf:)!

I noticed bc the second time they sent me an email the name had changed lol

I hope you're right about the scholarships (esp. if I get in:xf:)!

Really? The name didn't change for me.:confused:

are alot of you in-staters still under the review pending status? come on OSA!!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what the diversity mission statement is? All I could find was the general mission statement and the only mention of diversity in it was " .A special emphasis in our mission is a focus on community health in our metropolitan region with a curriculum designed to educate physicians for medical practice in South Florida. This emphasis includes the study of culture and society in the region in relation to personal and community health"

er, help?

does anyone know what the diversity mission statement is? All I could find was the general mission statement and the only mention of diversity in it was " .A special emphasis in our mission is a focus on community health in our metropolitan region with a curriculum designed to educate physicians for medical practice in South Florida. This emphasis includes the study of culture and society in the region in relation to personal and community health"

er, help?

It's "We love Spanish People"

Hey guys, I'm an in-stater, and I got the interview invite yesterday. I submitted on 7/31, got the invite e-mail 8/4. I'm a reapp though, so I don't know if that had any bearing on it.

Hey guys, I'm an in-stater, and I got the interview invite yesterday. I submitted on 7/31, got the invite e-mail 8/4. I'm a reapp though, so I don't know if that had any bearing on it.

Congrats. We have interview on the same date!

Congrats. We have interview on the same date!

Haha thanks! that's pretty cool. I wonder if I'll be able to figure out who you are, or the other way around.

By the way, is anyone else a reapp to FIU? I'm feeling a little scared - they did not interview me last year, but I've got a feeling they're going to be a little tough on me.

Haha thanks! that's pretty cool. I wonder if I'll be able to figure out who you are, or the other way around.

By the way, is anyone else a reapp to FIU? I'm feeling a little scared - they did not interview me last year, but I've got a feeling they're going to be a little tough on me.

You'll know me.

I am

sigh. ok yes that was funny 'we love spanish people'. but really, where can i find their diversity mission statement?

SO FIU med has been around a while right?

They have a BRAND new medical building... I haven't heard much except that it is new
and only 43 students!

Are they letting more in this year? Or still just 43?
This school seems sort of like a mystery. I read through website but I am still confused!

[EDIT] sorry, I found their newsletter! FIU and UCF are both new. From the photos, FIU looks gorgeous. They still don't give many details on training facilities or programs offered. I think the new UCF medical school some what overshadowed FIU.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
SO FIU med has been around awhile right?

they have a BRAND new medical building.. I havent heard much except that it is new..
and only 43 students!

are they letting more in this year? or still just 43?
this school seems sorta a mystery IMO, i read through website but still confused!

Troll hard or die trying

FIU med isn't even 12 months old

It's a very new school. We'll be their second class.

SO FIU med has been around awhile right?

they have a BRAND new medical building.. I havent heard much except that it is new..
and only 43 students!

are they letting more in this year? or still just 43?
this school seems sorta a mystery IMO, i read through website but still confused!

And it's spelled a while.

Wow, FIU officially has the coolest Secondary system ever.

I really hated how we were not allowed to save answers to essay questions until all of them were answered and that too under the limit, and that we had to click Next through all the previous steps before getting to the one we want. They could add a menu or something.

I really hated how we were not allowed to save answers to essay questions until all of them were answered and that too under the limit, and that we had to click Next through all the previous steps before getting to the one we want. They could add a menu or something.

They probably working out the kinks in the system.

what i did was just put "asdfaerwe" in the empty essay parts so i can save ;)

Mine says Preliminary Review Completed. This was on August 16th. I guess me on hold.

so my interview is scheduled for monday, and so says the website. and so does my first confirmation email. But now I just got an email confirming my interview for august 28th, thursday. and now its too late to call, and there not open sat or sun. um, advice?

Why have I not gotten a secondary for this place yet?

People are getting INTERVIEWS already!

Same. I'm working on this one as if it's going to be my only interview...which is possible.

the idea that they only accept 60 or so students out of so many interviewed really scares me...
mind sharing how u are preparing aside from looking at school website, practice questions from sdn, etc?

i have accumulated all the sdn interview questiosn and plan to go through answers for them.

the idea that they only accept 60 or so students out of so many interviewed really scares me...
mind sharing how u are preparing aside from looking at school website, practice questions from sdn, etc?

i have accumulated all the sdn interview questiosn and plan to go through answers for them.

Yeah, there's only 19 reponses on the Feedback page though. But it's a closed file interview, so.

so my interview is scheduled for monday, and so says the website. and so does my first confirmation email. But now I just got an email confirming my interview for august 28th, thursday. and now its too late to call, and there not open sat or sun. um, advice?
Probably a small error in typing on their part. Wouldn't worry too much and maybe try to call first thing Monday morning?

Try e-mailing them right now, anyway. Then call Monday morning ASAP. But I wouldn't worry - plan to go on Monday as initially confirmed...

where is everyone looking at to see OSA and other comments?

PS my status changed from OSA Review or w/e to "Preliminary Review Completed" on 7/23.. anyone else get this? or know what it means?

so if your status page says "preliminary review completed" but you haven't gotten any emails or anything, that means you're on hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.