You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Howard University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
have any of you guys that have put their deposit for their seat received confirmation from Howard? Not sure if I trust the mail man with $400 !!!! J/k 🙂
Wow, I'm on my phone, sorry if my font is whack.
I mailed mine off monday and haven't received confirmation yet. Im thinking sometime next week due to the high volume of mail they are probably receiving right now.
Thanks, well if anyone recieves confirmation from Howard, please post with some info! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...deep down i hope everyone here succeeds.
why's it gotta be deep? 😉
Yea I need to send the 400, sucks with xmas around the corner but still happy
Yea, $400 will definitely hurt the wallet around this time of year.
I mailed in my deposit this week after the paychecks came in. I didn't trust the mail with $400 dollars either, so i sent it express at usps. They have a tracking system. It looks like the money arrived Friday afternoon, but I've still got no confirmation email from Howard. Looks like they are swamped with mail... It's probubly raining $100s over there now. haha,ok that was a lame joke.
Hello and GOOD LUCK! to the new wave of interviewers!!
Hello and GOOD LUCK! to the new wave of interviewers!!
Last edited:
I mailed in my deposit this week after the paychecks came in. I didn't trust the mail with $400 dollars either, so i sent it express at usps. They have a tracking system. It looks like the money arrived Friday afternoon, but I've still got no confirmation email from Howard. Looks like they are swamped with mail... It's probubly raining $100s over there now. haha,ok that was a lame joke.
Hello and GOOD LUCK! to the new wave of interviewers!!
wait we can't send money orders?
wait we can't send money orders?
I did sent in a money order. they want that or cashier's check.
Its official, I will be at Howard U in July. Hope to see everyone there.
Its official, I will be at Howard U in July. Hope to see everyone there.
congrats! I was wondering where you disappeared to Texas.
Last edited:
Its official, I will be at Howard U in July. Hope to see everyone there.
I'd really like to be able to say that.
Howard, please grant me an interview!
congrads! I was wondering where you disappeared to Texas.
yeah i had to make sure certain chips fell in place before i could announce my attendance, im excited though. i am going to love living in dc for the next four years with yall as my classmates, should be fun. now i can actually study for my classes that i have skated by all semester.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know when the committee meets? or when to expect some new invites??
I'd really like to be able to say that.
Howard, please grant me an interview!
ditto on that one! i hope this thursday is that luck day..could make it my belated birthday present 🙂
No confirmation yet, ducki
ditto on that one! i hope this thursday is that luck day..could make it my belated birthday present 🙂
how did you guys find out about thursday being the d-day?
Question, this might be a stupid one, but we have to send a letter of intent along with 400 bucks? I was gonna send it today until I read the acceptance letter lol. Did you guys just send the 400 wih a letter along with it? Thanks. I'm going to send the money 1st thing tomorrow.
I'm Lost, also what do I send the $300, or the $100?????? Or both???? Duckie, or anyone else help please help to solve this question
(never mind I'm an idiot!) I just saw the big YELLOW FORM in the acceptance packet. I guess was to excited to read all of the documents lol 😀
I'm Lost, also what do I send the $300, or the $100?????? Or both???? Duckie, or anyone else help please help to solve this question
(never mind I'm an idiot!) I just saw the big YELLOW FORM in the acceptance packet. I guess was to excited to read all of the documents lol 😀
Last edited:
Question, this might be a stupid one, but we have to send a letter of intent along with 400 bucks? I was gonna send it today until I read the acceptance letter lol. Did you guys just send the 400 wih a letter along with it? Thanks. I'm going to send the money 1st thing tomorrow.
I'm Lost, also what do I send the $300, or the $100?????? Or both???? Duckie, or anyone else help please help to solve this question
(never mind I'm an idiot!) I just saw the big YELLOW FORM in the acceptance packet. I guess was to excited to read all of the documents lol 😀
haha, i had the same moment of confusing when i first looked at the forms. It's the hystria of being accepted jclass! haha
Still no confirmation email.
Does anyone on this thread know where to live? Im trying to find the nice areas that has easy access to the train.
lol not that i'm accepted yet😀, but there is this place in maryland where i know a lot of 1st years live...ugh, that doesn't help does it? i think it's by prince plaza which is on the red line. i believe you'll need to take another train to get to school. i'm not sure if that helped...i think it's called the towers.
so did any one just get invited to an intw this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its friday people. Jeezzzzz time flies by so fast, doesn't it? Anyways I've been checking my email constantly but no news yet...my file is out of committee though ...looks like the wait is still on.😴 Happy friday!
Its friday people. Geezzzzz time flies by so fast, doesn't it? Anyways I've been checking my email constantly but no news yet...my file is out of committee though ...looks like the wait is still on.😴 Happy friday!
I'm right there with you. I've been out of committee for like two weeks and still no word. I wish they never told me I was out of committee and just emailed me a final decision....Oh well back to "patiently" waiting...
it just me? or does it seem like its been a really long time since anyone from the sdn community has received an invite?? i hope its the same for the applicants not on the sdn community as well, or else im dead meat!
Most of you seemed to have submitted early. My AMCAS was submitted on 10/14, processed on 10/28, and I submitted my secondary to Howard on 11/19. Did anyone else submit materials late? I am wondering what the time frame for hearing about interviews is for people who waited...
Wow buttercoockie that amcas processing time was quick! I took them like 5 weeks to process mine. And as for being late you still have a chance for interview, howard has a late deadline. As for hearing anything, I called today about another matter and they said they are behind so sit back and be patient. Good luck.
M
meghalo05
I'm waiting for an interview invite. I called about a month ago, and the admissions lady said i was complete and its under review. Other than that she said you just have to wait till you get an invite. I guess the name of the game is patience. My secondary was sent out I believe in October also.
it really seems to me like interviews and acceptances are done on a rolling bases. Almost everybody on here who got one of the above was an early bird.
Last edited:
ook?
does that mean there are no more interviews?
probably not since they intw into april
does that mean there are no more interviews?
probably not since they intw into april
Oh they will definitely be more interviews, cos there's lots of people that will opt to go else where, as always.
Ms. Walk sent me an email back in late November saying I was out of committee and that my letter would be mailed Dec. 15th. I saw that some people on here called and received news of their status over the phone. Did she email and say you could call or could I just call and check on my status?
Ms. Walk sent me an email back in late November saying I was out of committee and that my letter would be mailed Dec. 15th. I saw that some people on here called and received news of their status over the phone. Did she email and say you could call or could I just call and check on my status?
I was told the same thing too, but she said that they won't be able to tell us the decision until the letters are signed and mailed out. I think they notify us when they send out the letters...but if you do call let me know!
Once the letters r signed and it's official, ms walk will email u guys to let you know when u can call for the status. Just sit tight for that email n have ms walks number at hand so u r ready to call. Haha I didn't have the number n had to call home for it. Adding to the suspience.
Just called Ms. Walk and she told me the good news!!!!! I'm so excited this is my first acceptance!!!!!! I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah I made it ..oh my GOD😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 congrats killakam10!!!!!!!!!! My hands are literally shaking...😱
Congrats I'm happy for yall that got accepted!!!!!! They finaly received my 400 bucks 🙂
You got the confirmation email about the deposit?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K