2009-2010 Mercer University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I got the file complete email on July 21st.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear about ED based on tomorrow's meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do applicants usually get called the day of the meeting?

Do applicants usually get called the day of the meeting?

I know that in the past those that have been accepted have been called the day of the meeting. I also know that sometimes those that are accepted are also called the following day. Hope that helps.

Anyone know what time the meeting was supposed to be or how late it was supposed to go? No one has posted with good news yet but I believe they have to notify us by the first.... at least someone said that somewhere...

Anyone know what time the meeting was supposed to be or how late it was supposed to go? No one has posted with good news yet but I believe they have to notify us by the first.... at least someone said that somewhere...
Must have been lengthy if they evaluated EVERY ED applicant in one meeting.

Has anyone heard from the committee today?
I'm nervous..
Will most acceptance phone calls be given tomorrow (10/1) ?

no word here yet and I've been glued to my phone and e-mail all night. If I haven't heard by tomorrow afternoon I might call Mary and see what information she has. Historically I believe there have been around 90 ED applicants so there is a good chance the meeting is running very late and that they won't call or email people till tomorrow. Can anyone verify that they have to let us know by the 1st?

The following is from the interview process sheet given with interview invites:

• Early Decision interviews are held from late August through mid-late September, with all ED spots being offered by 10/01.

Not sure exactly what time, but they have to let us know by tomorrow night so we can resubmit our AMCAS if we are not accepted.

Just got my acceptance call this morning!!! I am so psyched!! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, kyteas! (were you the one I met at the interview?)

For everyone who receives acceptance calls today, I just wanted to let you all know that I have started a facebook group called "Mercer University Class of 2014." Please join the group so we can all get to know each other before we start next year! Congrats, everyone!

Forgot to ask.. Where did you interview and who called you to inform you about your acceptance? was it the person who interviewed you?

Forgot to ask.. Where did you interview and who called you to inform you about your acceptance? was it the person who interviewed you?

I interviewed in Macon and was called by Dr. House (one of my interviewers).

Dr. Boswell (Savannah) woke me up this morning with "some good news". That's a pleasant alarm clock!

Congrats to both of you. I'm still waiting myself. What time did you guys get your calls?

Congrats to both of you. I'm still waiting myself. What time did you guys get your calls?
9:03am. Woke me up, too. I keep checking to make sure the number is in my phone and that I didn't just dream it up. Ha.

I got my acceptance call early this morning. My call was from Mary Putnam. Congrats to everyone else who got accepted as well.

Congrats to all you --

I haven't gotten any notification yet. :confused:
No phone call or email.

is this forum for the ED applicants only? does this mean they haven't even started on the RD applicants even if we've already sent them in?

anyone here for regular decision?

Well, I have been deferred from Morehouse as I applied EDP. I decided to go ahead and apply to Mercer as well. This def. has been very disappointing, but I will fight until the end. GL to everyone.

mind if i ask you what your stats were for morehouse?

Mercer hasn't started interviewing RD yet. I believe RD interviews might start mid October but I'm not sure about that. Last night was the Adcom meeting for ED applicants only. ED applicants are supposed to be notified by the end of today. Hence all the recent ED talk. I believe I've seen other RD applicants posting on here in the past so they are around here somewhere.

Does anyone know when and how they send out ED rejection emails?
Will it be a massive email? And will it be sent out later today?..

My heart keeps beating fast every time I get a phone call.
Can't concentrate on any work today. :(

Does anyone know when and how they send out ED rejection emails?
Will it be a massive email? And will it be sent out later today?..

My heart keeps beating fast every time I get a phone call.
Can't concentrate on any work today. :(

I'm in the same boat. Apparently anyone accepted will be notified today. Anyone not accepted will not be notified till tomorrow. Mary had said by the end of the respective days for both cases. Still trying to figure out what the means given that Mary called and notified scottkx28 but could not tell me one way or another.... Hoping that it doesn't mean bad news....

i applied RD, and i dont think the adcom has met regarding any rd applicants.

I'm in the same boat. Apparently anyone accepted will be notified today. Anyone not accepted will not be notified till tomorrow. Mary had said by the end of the respective days for both cases. Still trying to figure out what the means given that Mary called and notified scottkx28 but could not tell me one way or another.... Hoping that it doesn't mean bad news....

So if we are not accepted, we'll have to wait until end of tomorrow???

So if we are not accepted, we'll have to wait until end of tomorrow???

Yep. If we are not in we will have to wait till tomorrow to hear. Then we have to wait till April and see if we make the wait list (if we can't get in with ED odds I don't know how we are going to get in RD. Historically it is rare that that happens at Mercer and its possible its never happened. I don't remember exactly what I was told when I asked about it years ago). And then from there we will have to wait as late as August to see if we get in off the wait list. Hopefully we will both manage to get good news before the end of today....

Last edited:
Just got the acceptance call from my interviewer (2:15 p.m.) To those of you who haven't heard yet, they're still making calls so don't despair! Congrats to the rest of you who have been accepted!

Just got the acceptance call from my interviewer (2:15 p.m.) To those of you who haven't heard yet, they're still making calls so don't despair! Congrats to the rest of you who have been accepted!

Thanks for the info. Its really nice to hear that its not over just yet. Congrats on getting in though.

Thanks. Congrats to you as well. Applying for the Savannah campus?
I'm leaning towards Savannah, but I haven't even seen the Macon campus. I'll probably go tour there. Are you on facebook? JW started a group.

I'm leaning towards Savannah, but I haven't even seen the Macon campus. I'll probably go tour there. Are you on facebook? JW started a group.
No I'm not. I saw that someone started a group. That will give my girlfriend one more reason to try to talk me into getting a facebook page, ha ha.

is this forum for the ED applicants only? does this mean they haven't even started on the RD applicants even if we've already sent them in?

anyone here for regular decision?

they have started giving out interviews for RD. i believe the first RD interviews start next week.

congrats to all of those who got in today! :)

Congratulations to all those accepted today! Anyone want to share what their interview was like?

Congratulations to all those accepted today! Anyone want to share what their interview was like?

I might not be the best person to answer this since I've done this 4 times now and only ever been wait listed but:

The interviews are very low key. The day usually starts with a quick into meeting, followed by two interviews, and then finally the lunch interview with a 3rd or 4th year. In the years that I have gone most of the people have been very nice and very easy going. Every interviewer was different. Some read you application in advance and others do not. Most ask straightforward questions about you, your application, and your motivation. A lot of people ask the traditional questions of why Mercer, why do you wan to be a doctor, where do you want to practice, and what field do you see yourself practicing. Some like to ask questions that throw you off guard or make statements that will shock you just to gauge how you react to it. All in all its a very low stress day. Just be yourself and then sit back and hope for good news.

does mercer screen out for secondaries?

does mercer screen out for secondaries?

I believe they do pre-screen and that not everyone gets a secondary. Are you waiting to get your secondary or waiting to hear about an interview after submitting your secondary?

I'm guessing I didn't get in since I didn't get a call today.
I thought my interviews went well, but I guess that's the case w/ most ppl.
I wonder what I should do now since I really wanted to attend Mercer.
Any advice?
I'm thinking about meeting w/ the Dean of Admissions maybe..

I'm guessing I didn't get in since I didn't get a call today.
I thought my interviews went well, but I guess that's the case w/ most ppl.
I wonder what I should do now since I really wanted to attend Mercer.
Any advice?
I'm thinking about meeting w/ the Dean of Admissions maybe..

Same boat here. Is this your first time applying? Dr. Clifton is usually pretty great when it comes to making recommendations to people when they haven't gotten in. Since RD is still going there is a chance you could get good news there or that you can make the wait list and get in off of that. It might be a long shot but its still a chance.... If its only your first or second time applying don't give up. I once heard that only 20% of applicants get in their first time. Not sure if its true but its given me some comfort these past 4 years. From my personal experience I recommend taking some time to process before you decide anything. I usually end up going through whole roller coaster of emotions from saying I'm done with health care and I'm never applying again, to apathy, to crying, to hope that I could still get good news. Once you've had a chance to process sit down and think about what you really want. There is always the long shot of applying to other schools now getting a interview in Jan or Feb and getting in from there. Then there is still whats left of this cycle. Finally there is always next year. Sorry about the bad news but Good Luck with what comes next.

Same boat here. Is this your first time applying? Dr. Clifton is usually pretty great when it comes to making recommendations to people when they haven't gotten in. Since RD is still going there is a chance you could get good news there or that you can make the wait list and get in off of that. It might be a long shot but its still a chance.... If its only your first or second time applying don't give up. I once heard that only 20% of applicants get in their first time. Not sure if its true but its given me some comfort these past 4 years. From my personal experience I recommend taking some time to process before you decide anything. I usually end up going through whole roller coaster of emotions from saying I'm done with health care and I'm never applying again, to apathy, to crying, to hope that I could still get good news. Once you've had a chance to process sit down and think about what you really want. There is always the long shot of applying to other schools now getting a interview in Jan or Feb and getting in from there. Then there is still whats left of this cycle. Finally there is always next year. Sorry about the bad news but Good Luck with what comes next.

Thanks, good luck to you too!
Let's try to stay positive and do the best we can for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.