You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Northwestern University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
C
canebob
Interview invite...Nice! now about that panel interview....
i was pretty nervous about the panel interview, but it really wasn't to bad.... except that one of the doctors kept firing ethical questions at us to the point that one guy almost lost it... but it went well for me
so the point is... don't worry about
Agreed. It's not bad. They really don't pit you against one another or anything like that. The group question was actually kinda fun. Good luck guys!i was pretty nervous about the panel interview, but it really wasn't to bad.... except that one of the doctors kept firing ethical questions at us to the point that one guy almost lost it... but it went well for me
so the point is... don't worry about
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Think Northwestern is going over passed over applications yet for reconsideration? 😳
is northwestern non-rolling?
sorry if this was already answered.. or if the answer is obvious
It's rolling. I expect first acceptances will go out in November or so.
It's rolling. I expect first acceptances will go out in November or so.
Yea they told us the first set of acceptances go out by early Dec.
Wait, for the panel interviews, is it multiple interviewees or interviewers??
I really like that they give acceptances to over 50% of interviewees. Makes the travel seem worthwhile.
Interesting statistic. Do you remember where you found it?
Will be there this Thurs/Fri for interview and staying with a current student. Woooo~ 😀
Interesting statistic. Do you remember where you found it?
This is what I got from the USNEWS admissions part of Northwestern's page. Actually, I think they told us that they take more like 40% outright, but I'm guessing the next 10-15% come from the waitlist. I know it's quite high though, especially compared with Duke and Penn (Chicago is around 30% I think)
Oh, and I hated the panel interview. Everyone else seemed to think it was OK, but it really ground my gears...
Hey, I recently interviewed at Northwestern, and I was wondering if anyone possibly knew if they weigh the two interviews any differently at all. I feel like I knocked the panel interview out of the park but was really shakey on the individual interview. He kept asking questions in certain ways that I didn't really prepare for and looking back my answers were not very good.
Anyway, I was freaking out earlier and was wondering what anyone thought, thanks
Anyway, I was freaking out earlier and was wondering what anyone thought, thanks
I'm interviewing next week and I'm trying to book my flights. Can anyone who has already been there tell me what time the interview day ends? The website says the last thing is scheduled at 2:45 but that doesn't really tell you when it's over...(Just want to see if I would be crazy to book a 5 pm flight out of O'Hare).
Thank you!
Thank you!
I'm with you. I thought it was dumb.Oh, and I hated the panel interview. Everyone else seemed to think it was OK, but it really ground my gears...
I'm interviewing next week and I'm trying to book my flights. Can anyone who has already been there tell me what time the interview day ends? The website says the last thing is scheduled at 2:45 but that doesn't really tell you when it's over...(Just want to see if I would be crazy to book a 5 pm flight out of O'Hare).
Thank you!
The last thing at 2 45 is pretty much a go grab your coat and theres cookies out while you do it. I was out of there by 3 pm. I still think you would be pretty insane to book your ohare flight at 5..... the blue line el train from downtown to ohare takes about 40 minutes, unless theres a faster way to get to ohare i'm not aware of.
I'm with you. I thought it was dumb.
I agree. The group activity part was fine and actually kind of fun, but the questions at the beginning were terrible--it seemed like they were just trying to make us uncomfortable and throw us off-guard. I also thought the nervous energy was contagious. The other people i interviewed with were clearly nervous, which made me more nervous and the whole experience pretty uncomfortable.
That being said, my advice is to not worry about it too much. Just expect the worst and you may be pleasantly surprised by a better group vibe than i experienced. Also, taking into account that this is probably not meant to be a comfortable situation, if you at least feel ok with your performance, than you're probably fine. I have no idea how they weigh the two interviews (my one-on-one was much better), but I'm sure the group activity part counts for something since northwestern is big on PBL.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite this morning, was complete 09/28. I was surprised by how early their interviews were compared to the other schools I was invited. They had slots for this Friday!
I love Chicago and am super excited to fly out there. Hopefully it won't be too cold, living in California I don't actually own anything other than shorts and flip-flops 😀
I love Chicago and am super excited to fly out there. Hopefully it won't be too cold, living in California I don't actually own anything other than shorts and flip-flops 😀
Congrats! I really really hope to have some of NWU interview fortune eventually. Northwestern is awesome, have a blast! 🙂Just got an interview invite this morning, was complete 09/28. I was surprised by how early their interviews were compared to the other schools I was invited. They had slots for this Friday!
I love Chicago and am super excited to fly out there. Hopefully it won't be too cold, living in California I don't actually own anything other than shorts and flip-flops 😀
Congrats! I really really hope to have some of NWU interview fortune eventually. Northwestern is awesome, have a blast! 🙂
I'm sure you'll get an invite, they had a ton of slots open compared to some schools. UC Davis is basically in their last month of interview dates, for example.
I'm sure you'll get an invite, they had a ton of slots open compared to some schools. UC Davis is basically in their last month of interview dates, for example.
I was finished 9/11 or so. They set aside my application -- Booohooo :cry:
Good to hear that about a ton of slots! Hoping and praying!I'm sure you'll get an invite, they had a ton of slots open compared to some schools. UC Davis is basically in their last month of interview dates, for example.

Me too. 🙁 Gotta keep hoping though!I was finished 9/11 or so. They set aside my application -- Booohooo :cry:
Idk, I loved the panel interview. I thought it was alot of fun. I've interviewed at three schools so far and the panel interview at NW was by far my favorite. The individual interview was good too, because it was before my panel interview, and after everything I said my interviewer would enthusiastically say it was great/fantastic etc. and it was a great confidence booster going into the panel interview.
Me too, I've been waiting for what seems like forever. I need an interview invite NWU. Please?
I am offended that Northwestern keeps sending me info telling me to consider their health science school every week. How about you consider me for your medical school!!! since that's what i applied for.
if they don't want to give me an interview i will be fine with silence. there are other schools out there.
if they don't want to give me an interview i will be fine with silence. there are other schools out there.
So AMCAS screws up & gives me a 33M & on recoring 33N (I think they still have it wrong. I should sue them to really give me the right score). Anyway, the question is, should I call up every program I am applying to, to make sure they see my new shiny score or will the programs automatically consider my new score.
Any experiences/suggestions?
Are you really going to post this on the thread of every school you applied to??? Have a little patience...someone will answer you.
Oh, and the difference between an M and an N is minuscule. Pipe down with the wanting to sue and be happy they got the important part right - the numeric value.
So AMCAS screws up & gives me a 33M & on recoring 33N (I think they still have it wrong. I should sue them to really give me the right score). Anyway, the question is, should I call up every program I am applying to, to make sure they see my new shiny score or will the programs automatically consider my new score.
Any experiences/suggestions?
Jesus christ. You must be applying to all the same schools as me because I checked all the updated threads for schools I'm applying to and it's all about the difference between an M and an N on a regrade. Seriously? Bwah...
Last edited:
Are you really going to post this on the thread of every school you applied to??? Have a little patience...someone will answer you.
Oh, and the difference between an M and an N is minuscule. Pipe down with the wanting to sue and be happy they got the important part right - the numeric value.
The only reason I posted everywhere is -- I was sure very few people would have had this experience. And I wanted to hear from the one person who has had some experience with this before.
The only reason I posted everywhere is -- I was sure very few people would have had this experience. And I wanted to hear from the one person who has had some experience with this before.
It's called spamming. Just stop and be patient.
You =

Or, ya know, there's a more general forum for that kind of post. 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to those of you who have interviews... the panel is really not bad at all... just stay calm, be friendly and you will do fine.
I interviewed in mid-September... any idea as to when we can plan on hearing back???
I interviewed in mid-September... any idea as to when we can plan on hearing back???
Email? Mail? Phone Call?OH MY GOD-I JUST GOT INTO NORTHWESTERN...THIS IS THE CULMINATION OF MY UNDERGRADUATE WORK...I AM SO HONORED-THIS WAS A GREAT PLACE
Interviewed 10/14 if anyone cares
I love life-time to celebrate
Congrats Apok and musica!! It's an awesome school and I hope I get to have the same opportunity as both of you! 🙂
woo!
woo!
Accepted via e-mail at 3:04 p.m. 😀
Congrats Apok and musica!! It's an awesome school and I hope I get to have the same opportunity as both of you! 🙂
woo!
Since we know each other (X28 @ Pitt 😉) I wanted to let you know I turned NU's secondary around immediately and I JUST got an interview last week, I think they are just a bit slower than some of the other schools at handing out interviews, so don't worry if you've been complete since summer, I was starting to get bummed as well but they came through! 🙂
Wowee! Thanks x28 bud! Nice to know that they are going back over the summer apps. I turned mine around really quickly as well and was worrying... now I'm just gonnaSince we know each other (X28 @ Pitt 😉) I wanted to let you know I turned NU's secondary around immediately and I JUST got an interview last week, I think they are just a bit slower than some of the other schools at handing out interviews, so don't worry if you've been complete since summer, I was starting to get bummed as well but they came through! 🙂

OH MY GOD-I JUST GOT INTO NORTHWESTERN...THIS IS THE CULMINATION OF MY UNDERGRADUATE WORK...I AM SO HONORED-THIS WAS A GREAT PLACE
Interviewed 10/14 if anyone cares
I love life-time to celebrate
did you by any chance go to wash u?
i think i met you at the sinai interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
as a matter of fact i do not, and i doubt you interviewed with me since the date on my mdapps for sinai is from before i readjusted my schedule for in the area interviews...
in any case, the only d**che here is you since its far from inappropriate to show excitement for a school that you were really into, particularly since I am extremely humbled to have gotten in and was in disbelief when I got the email...kind of nice to have some hard work pay off
have fun in the rest of your interviews-i'm sure you have an excellent personality that should get you into lots of places
in any case, the only d**che here is you since its far from inappropriate to show excitement for a school that you were really into, particularly since I am extremely humbled to have gotten in and was in disbelief when I got the email...kind of nice to have some hard work pay off
have fun in the rest of your interviews-i'm sure you have an excellent personality that should get you into lots of places
as a matter of fact i do not, and i doubt you interviewed with me since the date on my mdapps for sinai is from before i readjusted my schedule for in the area interviews...
in any case, the only d**che here is you since its far from inappropriate to show excitement for a school that you were really into, particularly since I am extremely humbled to have gotten in and was in disbelief when I got the email...kind of nice to have some hard work pay off
have fun in the rest of your interviews-i'm sure you have an excellent personality that should get you into lots of places
Not sure WTH PhiAlpha is talking about. Your post was fine. Congrats!!! PhiAlpha, best of luck...
as a matter of fact i do not, and i doubt you interviewed with me since the date on my mdapps for sinai is from before i readjusted my schedule for in the area interviews...
in any case, the only d**che here is you since its far from inappropriate to show excitement for a school that you were really into, particularly since I am extremely humbled to have gotten in and was in disbelief when I got the email...kind of nice to have some hard work pay off
have fun in the rest of your interviews-i'm sure you have an excellent personality that should get you into lots of places
Dude i know who you are you're from NY, you went to school in Wash U and you were interviewing at Sinai with a Tufts acceptance in your pocket.
and apparently you also are a dche haha
Oh yes, with the ~38,000+ people applying to medical school per year, the chances of meeting someone interviewing with you that had an acceptance at tufts is so low that you must be able to pinpoint them on the internet. Note "current location" =/= "home state."
Although I suppose since you are clearly a troll its best just to ignore...
Although I suppose since you are clearly a troll its best just to ignore...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K

