2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope. In fact I felt like my interview went pretty well.

I found this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=12932 where someone had a similar experience, but it's from 2001. I cannot find anything else on SDN.

On Einstein's admission website I found this: http://www.einstein.yu.edu/admissions/page.aspx?id=772 where, in the last line, they state "Occasionally, the Admissions Committee invites applicants back for a second interview if further information is needed."

I'd appreciate it if someone with a similar experience would chime in. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're concerned with anonymity. Thanks!

Just wanted to make a quick post in the event that people in future application cycles search this thread. So, interviewed at Einstein and thought it went well. About a month after my interview...the admissions committee asked me back for a second interview.

I'm pretty poor so I sent an e-mail to the school. Basically stated that I would love to attend Einstein, I would love to visit again, but I'm pretty poor. I stated that I would be more than happy to answer any questions or clear up any discrepancies in my application via phone, e-mail, etc. No go. Withdrew my application. I think it's pretty weird that a school would make a second interview mandatory, but it is their school. So...if you are offered a second interview, it's mandatory. Just FYI.

Best of luck to those still waiting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to make a quick post in the event that people in future application cycles search this thread. So, interviewed at Einstein and thought it went well. About a month after my interview...the admissions committee asked me back for a second interview.

I'm pretty poor so I sent an e-mail to the school. Basically stated that I would love to attend Einstein, I would love to visit again, but I'm pretty poor. I stated that I would be more than happy to answer any questions or clear up any discrepancies in my application via phone, e-mail, etc. No go. Withdrew my application. I think it's pretty weird that a school would make a second interview mandatory, but it is their school. So...if you are offered a second interview, it's mandatory. Just FYI.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

Wow that's really too bad... Did you choose to withdraw or did they reject you?
 
Hi guys!

I was searching for a Class of 2015 group on FB and it actually pulled up this thread... so I thought I'd come over and say hi.

Got accepted to AECOM Early Decision and am excited to meet the rest of ya'll! We should definitely get an FB group going.

Hope everyone waiting gets good news soon!
 
just as i was losing hope for this cycle...
anyone else receive an interest/interview email asking if AECOM is still one of your top choices? I am not sure if this means a possible interview or not, but it's better than a rejection. 🙂
 
just as i was losing hope for this cycle...
anyone else receive an interest/interview email asking if AECOM is still one of your top choices? I am not sure if this means a possible interview or not, but it's better than a rejection. 🙂

Just got that email too! Much better than a rejection, I agree!
 
I got that same e-mail asking whether I'm still interested in the school. It seems kind of odd that I got it since I didn't get an interview invite to the school. Maybe they're still sending out invite to people that are interested?
 
I got that same e-mail asking whether I'm still interested in the school. It seems kind of odd that I got it since I didn't get an interview invite to the school. Maybe they're still sending out invite to people that are interested?


They did this last year and yes they will send out interviews to some of the people who say they are still interested. I have quite a few classmates who got in through this group. I believe this is one of the reasons that the waitlist didn't move much last year. So basically if you are still interested send back a reply!
 
just got an interview invite today! WOW!! can't believe they are still interviewing. my interview is scheduled april 29th
and i didn't receive that interest email thingy...
 
Last edited:
They did this last year and yes they will send out interviews to some of the people who say they are still interested. I have quite a few classmates who got in through this group. I believe this is one of the reasons that the waitlist didn't move much last year. So basically if you are still interested send back a reply!

Hey, do you or anyone know if they want us to write anything within that email (if so would they want it to be brief or long?) or should i just reply with what they ask for in the subject line?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, do you or anyone know if they want us to write anything within that email (if so would they want it to be brief or long?) or should i just reply with what they ask for in the subject line?


Yea don't need to make it sappy (unless you want to). Just reply back to what they asked like " Yes Einstein is still one of my top choices" they aren't asking for an absolute commitment
 
Are 3 BR apts furnished? What do they come with? Are the mattresses comfy?


Nothing is furnished- you can buy furniture year around from people that move though, as you guys get closer to your start date you will start getting a flood of emails about people selling stuff.
 
Do the rooms come with anything at all? Closet? Desk? Bureau?
If not I'm guessing we can get these from people moving out too?


Rooms are completely empty but of course there are closets... think of like if you were to move into a completely new apartment - thats is how these places are set up.
 
I interview 1/26 .. got a Waitlist e-mail on the 3/26 and just got the acceptance e-mail this morning!! So excited..Woooo! I sent a letter of intent on Monday...Either that did the trick or they are looking at the waitlist already? Needless to say I am thrilled!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I have a general question about AECOM interviews. So, I'm a canadian applicant and i have an interview at the end of this month. I was wondering whether it will still be worth it to attend this interview because it's literally the last day in the cycle so i don't know whether I'm actually interviewing for the waitlist. also, i've heard that the bronx area is pretty bad and i'm planning to take the amtrak followed by the subway. amtrak will get me to central park in the evening, so is taking the subway at like 8pm to bronx relatively safe for a girl? also, any idea where I can find billeting info? thanks 🙂
 
Hi, I have a general question about AECOM interviews. So, I'm a canadian applicant and i have an interview at the end of this month. I was wondering whether it will still be worth it to attend this interview because it's literally the last day in the cycle so i don't know whether I'm actually interviewing for the waitlist. also, i've heard that the bronx area is pretty bad and i'm planning to take the amtrak followed by the subway. amtrak will get me to central park in the evening, so is taking the subway at like 8pm to bronx relatively safe for a girl? also, any idea where I can find billeting info? thanks 🙂


1. The area is very safe especially at only 8pm, you will have no trouble getting here. Take the 5,6 subway or the 10 express bus straight from mid town.

2. Last year people who interviewed late were offered fresh acceptances, they weren't interviewing for waitlist spots.

So come!
 
1. The area is very safe especially at only 8pm, you will have no trouble getting here. Take the 5,6 subway or the 10 express bus straight from mid town.

2. Last year people who interviewed late were offered fresh acceptances, they weren't interviewing for waitlist spots.

So come!

I think taking the express bus is the most reassuring way of getting to Einstein if you are worried as it is extremely safe and will drop you off right at the school/leave right from the school. I second the interview suggestion.
 
I interview 1/26 .. got a Waitlist e-mail on the 3/26 and just got the acceptance e-mail this morning!! So excited..Woooo! I sent a letter of intent on Monday...Either that did the trick or they are looking at the waitlist already? Needless to say I am thrilled!!

How long was your letter of intend? was is like "yes, I am very interested" or like an essay?
by the way, what is priority wating list? what chance do I have TO GET ACCEPTANCE FROM THIS LIST?
 
My letter was like 300 words..3 small-ish paragraphs. No idea about the chances sorry =/. I was TOTALLY surprised, didn't expect to hear back so quickly...or at all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe the award letters were mailed today. I wonder if those will reflect also reflect the Service and Research Scholarship for those who receive it?


Doesn't it specifically say award letters will be mailed May 1st on the Scholarship site?
 
How did you find out they were being mailed yesterday? I know that their site said that the award for the Service Scholarship will be May 1st but nothing about just the financial aid package.

I believe the award letters were mailed today. I wonder if those will reflect also reflect the Service and Research Scholarship for those who receive it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.