2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You do have one interviewer. Mine lasted somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes (sorry, it was awhile ago). It might have gone longer, but my interviewer was a clinician and seemed extremely busy (had to wait for some time while he finished some work, then someone came in and told him he was "needed" as soon as possible, which ended our conversation). I would expect anything from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your interviewer.

I'm pretty sure that he had read my file, but not sure about the secondary (not brought up, but there wasn't anything too exciting on mine).

I had my interview a week and a half ago. It lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer did have access to my AMCAS app but said she did not look at it because she claimed the format was hard to follow. Overall it was a very informal and relaxed interview.
 
I have an interview coming up, and I want to attend. My funds are limited so i wanted to ask are these interviews for waitlist only?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview coming up, and I want to attend. My funds are limited so i wanted to ask are these interviews for waitlist only?

Not sure... and i feel your pain about the $$ though.
I recently cancelled an out of state interview because I didn't want to pay $600 for a plane ticket and hotel room. I am however accepted at a school that I really like.

I guess you could always ask them if they interview for the waitlist, but I am not sure if this is a smart idea. My advice is this: if you've been accepted at a school that you'd go to over AE, don't go. But if you think AE could be your dream school or you haven't been accepted anywhere, I would try very hard to go.

:-/ sorry if I am not very helpful. I sometimes feel like medical schools try to drain our funds even before we willingly take on all the debt!

best of luck to you!
 
Sorry if this was already asked a bunch of times (but I couldn't find it with search function). Is Einstein planning a revisit day?
 
Thank you so much. I did get accepted to my top choice school, but the reality is money. I do not know who is going to give me a better financial package. I am going to go the most I have to pay for is the rental car, gas, and food. I am going to make it a mini vacation and visit friends for free.


Not sure... and i feel your pain about the $$ though.
I recently cancelled an out of state interview because I didn't want to pay $600 for a plane ticket and hotel room. I am however accepted at a school that I really like.

I guess you could always ask them if they interview for the waitlist, but I am not sure if this is a smart idea. My advice is this: if you've been accepted at a school that you'd go to over AE, don't go. But if you think AE could be your dream school or you haven't been accepted anywhere, I would try very hard to go.

:-/ sorry if I am not very helpful. I sometimes feel like medical schools try to drain our funds even before we willingly take on all the debt!

best of luck to you!
 
Anyone who got the letter about the lost flash drive with personal information....

Have you signed up for credit monitoring through that company???

I'm planning to do it, but I don't see a place on the website to enter the activation code. Also, I'm not entirely sure I trust that website. Just thought I'd check here before calling the office to ask.
 
Anyone who got the letter about the lost flash drive with personal information....

Have you signed up for credit monitoring through that company???

I'm planning to do it, but I don't see a place on the website to enter the activation code. Also, I'm not entirely sure I trust that website. Just thought I'd check here before calling the office to ask.

Read: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10450159&postcount=814

Did you really wait two months to sign up though? This is kind of a time sensitive issue.
 
Read: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10450159&postcount=814

Did you really wait two months to sign up though? This is kind of a time sensitive issue.

Thank you!!

You're completely right. I meant to do it sooner, and then I got caught up in the bustle of acceptances/withdrawals/fafsa/taxes excitement and this got buried at the bottom of my applications folder. I'm signing up right now. Fortunately, nothing seems to be compromised yet. And, on the bright side, I'll have coverage through next March.
 
I got accepted via email this afternoon at 3pm EST.
Interviewed Jan 20.

The funny part is that I sent them a withdrawal email 5 hours prior, haha.

+1 spot for everyone else!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the link! Do you happen to know the % of the class that successfully matched?

Sorry I'm not sure about that, no one can ever know for certain. Since the school doesn't release that (you could try and email them and ask how much didn't match) and you can't use number to count since people take a year off between third and fourth sometimes for research (derm, rad onc) or to have a kid before residency starts (at einstein there are lots of married couples who plan out their kids).

Quite honestly though i would say at least 95% of the class did, i haven't heard of one person who didn't, but i've heard of quite a few great matches.
 
Is there student housing for single parents too?


Yes of course! Many people have day care too lots of babysitters around (if the kid is young), great play ground for children right in the complex. The kids honestly make the place feel really warm and fuzzy - students around here love them.
 
This school was my reach school, so I did not really put to much thought into it. As I am preparing for my interview, and researching the extra's I am starting to want an acceptance here. I am scared to want it though. 😕😕
 
Has anyone who was marked complete in October heard back about a rejection or interview recently? I haven't heard a word from them.
 
The price for a studio is listed at around 600 a month. Does anyone know how much the 2 bedrooms run for please?
 
The price for a studio is listed at around 600 a month. Does anyone know how much the 2 bedrooms run for please?

Mid to high 900's. (the 2 bedrooms have 3 people in them as they convert the living room into a huge bedroom, so its about low 300's for each person)
 
So Lennox Hill Hospital was just taken over by the LIJ health system... Does this mean that Einstein will become affiliated with the hospital too? Because that would be super... 😀
 
Mid to high 900's. (the 2 bedrooms have 3 people in them as they convert the living room into a huge bedroom, so its about low 300's for each person)



Thank you for your answer. Which apartment size do they give to a parent and child?
 
Thank you for your answer. Which apartment size do they give to a parent and child?

Depends how old the child is, if the child is old enough for his/her own bedroom they give you a one bedroom: mid 800's/mo (which has two bedrooms in it). You won't get a two bedroom unless you have a pretty sizable family as those are really big. When you interview ask to look at a couple of different places. The studios are definitely large enough for a single parent and a child of infant-toddler.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks. I will ask to see the studios. I am sure we can fit in of those.

The studios are rather large, you could even divide the room up and have a bed room (easily fitting a king size bed) area, a living room and a dining area with no problem.
 
man i really wish they hadnt shut down the status page. I interviewed 2/19 and im hoping the next couple of weeks will hold some news...
 
hi! i have my interview on monday morning and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to get to campus from Penn Station? I'm coming from NJ so I'll be taking NJ transit to Penn but haven't figured out what to do next. thanks!! 🙂
 
hi! i have my interview on monday morning and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to get to campus from Penn Station? I'm coming from NJ so I'll be taking NJ transit to Penn but haven't figured out what to do next. thanks!! 🙂

From penn station The best way is to take a subway to the east side. There are bus stops along the lower east side and in midtown for the BxM10 express buss that takes you directly to campus and drops you off in front of the med school.

Alternatively you can take the 2 train or the number 6 train to the bronx, and catch a bus to campus there (if you get off at W Farms Square there is the 21 bus that will take you down morris park rd and let you off right next to campus)

hope that helps.
they will help you with directions if you call the school.

-BA
 
There are two ways you can do it using mass transit..

1) Walk an avenue east to get the #2 subway at 33rd and 7th ave, and take that to 180th street in the bronx. Cross the street there, and get the BX21 bus towards westchester square.

2) Walk a couple avenues east to 32nd and madison where you can get the express bus (BXM10) to Eastchester and Morris Park ave which is right in front of einstein.

If you're wearing your interview attire, I would recommend the express bus even though it's a few dollars more.

hi! i have my interview on monday morning and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to get to campus from Penn Station? I'm coming from NJ so I'll be taking NJ transit to Penn but haven't figured out what to do next. thanks!! 🙂
 
Waitlist, allthough it seems a bit early to get any info back from einstein
interviewed 02/19.

oh well, guess ill just have to wait.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At Einstein there are two skit nights, one put on by the second years and one by the first years. Here's the first years skit night videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EinsteinClass2014

Jungle juice, beer kegs and dirty jokes. Even though everyone is a drunken mess it is fun. And it is put on by the 1st years, but everyone from the different classes attends and the professors (who are really good sports because a lot of the jokes are about them) a fair amount of them participate in the skits as well.

If you look up for the class of 2013 you can probably find the 2nd year skit night as well - it was good.
 
The admissions office mentioned that after the interview, we're supposed to get an email from them asking us for feedback regarding the lunch tour, etc. For those who already interviewed, did you generally receive this email in the same week after your interview?

Just curious because interviewed earlier this week but still haven't gotten mine yet.
 
The admissions office mentioned that after the interview, we're supposed to get an email from them asking us for feedback regarding the lunch tour, etc. For those who already interviewed, did you generally receive this email in the same week after your interview?

Just curious because interviewed earlier this week but still haven't gotten mine yet.

Back in December, I interviewed on a Friday and got the survey email that Sunday, two days later. However, I wouldn't use this as a baseline. I'm sure it varies depending on what admissions is up to, how busy they are, etc. I'm sure it will come this week! Did you have a good interview experience?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.