2010-2011 Boston University Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have officially become a hot mess. :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Please call me Dr. W (urologist), please please please...

I have potentially good news for you! Dr. W has not called me either, so perhaps he doesn't call. Who knows, but I'm going to assume that for now. 🙂
 
I have potentially good news for you! Dr. W has not called me either, so perhaps he doesn't call. Who knows, but I'm going to assume that for now. 🙂

You are my favorite person in the whole wide world 😀

Good luck, I'm hoping we both get good news tomorrow!
 
Just do what I do people.... Eat like a fat girl. I haven't thought about BU in days ^_^.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm gonna assume this was an acceptance though I have to call tomorrow to make sure. I have received a voicemail from my interviewer (psych department) saying he had good news for me. midwest resident so don't know about the east coast theory. Also, have no idea when the voicemail was left. Good luck everyone. I <3 this school. :luck:
 
If acceptance letters went out 2 days ago as someone mentioned, wouldnt Boston residents have received it already?
 
Congrats to those who have received phone calls! Enjoy the moment, you've worked hard for it, and once medical school actually begins... it's a whole lifetime of hard work. Welcome!

Everyone else, hang in there, hopefully a big packet from BU will be arriving in your mailbox soon. (actually you should get email updates first)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the technical standards alert too! does everyone have it? and again, has anyone heard back from Dr.Horner?

On a side note, I think it is safe for everyone to name their interviewers if they are so many of us posting.

Moreover, we can make a "match list," seeing if others with the same interviewer who haven't heard.

EDIT: We are 24 people viewing this thread ... list more names please 🙂
 
On a side note, I think it is safe for everyone to name their interviewers if they are so many of us posting.

Moreover, we can make a "match list," seeing if others with the same interviewer who haven't heard.

EDIT: We are 24 people viewing this thread ... list more names please 🙂

partyhouse do you have the technical standards alert on your application page as well? I'm trying to figure if it means anything, because it asks for a signature
 
I have no alerts or anything. What do you mean?

On top of the application page, under the section that it says my app is under consideration by the committee, there's a "technical standards alert". It needs to be signed off saying whether you meet the sensory requirements, ethics, communication...(all the regular service behaviour things)
 
On top of the application page, under the section that it says my app is under consideration by the committee, there's a "technical standards alert". It needs to be signed off saying whether you meet the sensory requirements, ethics, communication...(all the regular service behaviour things)

Yeah, I definitely don't have that. :scared:
 
On top of the application page, under the section that it says my app is under consideration by the committee, there's a "technical standards alert". It needs to be signed off saying whether you meet the sensory requirements, ethics, communication...(all the regular service behaviour things)

Nope, nothing of that sort! I think we are in different piles.
 
just throwin out a random guess, but i would think that if a clinician interviewed you, your chance of getting a call is a lot smaller
 
Anyone want to be the daring soul that calls the office to see when emails will go out? I don't know how much longer I can go on waiting for calls and snail mail :scared:

edit: I do not have that technical standards bulletin, streeeeeesssssssss
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so far one person has stated they were contacted by Dr. Vaughan..correct? Knowing her, it does not look good for the rest of us who have not heard back yet.
 
so far one person has stated they were contacted by Dr. Vaughan..correct? Knowing her, it does not look good for the rest of us who have not heard back yet.

Not to rub salt into wound, but you can help us solve the next mystery. Did you have the technical error on your web page?
 
My morning has gone something like this:

Wake up, hobble over to computer.

Pull up thread.

Get breakfast

Refresh

Shower

Refresh

Drive to work.

Open thread at work
.

Set up experiment.

Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.


And so on and so fourth...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.