-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Boston University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone who made it past the 30 day mark but not receive the 30 day notice email? Thanks!
maybe they heard me. i received the 30 day notice later this afternoon.
Maybe that will translate into interview next for you and brainbuff. 😀
We will see. Keep sending good karma!! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here! after i scheduled it, the confirmation email had no mention of student hosts, although it did have a link to a bunch of hotels. 😕
Still no word from anyone on how to access hosts, or if a list exists at all?
Still no word from anyone on how to access hosts, or if a list exists at all?
nope! i've been meaning to call their office, but i keep forgetting they are several hours ahead of me.

Interview invite today! Complete 8/10/2010. OOS.
Interview invite today! Complete 8/10/2010. OOS.
I was compete a few days before 8/10....🙁
We all know what that means.
Anyway good
to all!I researched the previous replies, and believe the invites are not given in as strict timing order as 3-week rejections are. A few days plus or minus seem possible.I was compete a few days before 8/10....🙁
We all know what that means.
Anyway goodto all!
I'm complete on 8/12. Fingers crossed to hear something next week ...
How long after being complete did most of you receive interview invites?
Thanks!
There seems to be a "30 day complete email" after the first "complete email", which then seems to be followed by an interview invite (maybe) after another 30 days....
So, 60 days after being initially "complete"...🙄
I researched the previous replies, and believe the invites are not given in as strict timing order as 3-week rejections are. A few days plus or minus seem possible.
I'm complete on 8/12. Fingers crossed to hear something next week ...
Sending good energy your way!!





Still no word from anyone on how to access hosts, or if a list exists at all?
I answered my own question, apparently I am one of only two people interested in getting a student host at BU.... but I will share anyhow. To get a host list you must ask the adm office either via email or phone- I called and then they sent it online. The host service is not great- do not expect more than one night total in Boston, the students and staff refuse to let you stay with two different hosts over two nights, for example. If you did book multiple nights, brace yourself for the prospect of 250.00 hotels rooms or (mostly booked already) hostel rooms.
I answered my own question, apparently I am one of only two people interested in getting a student host at BU.... but I will share anyhow. To get a host list you must ask the adm office either via email or phone- I called and then they sent it online. The host service is not great- do not expect more than one night total in Boston, the students and staff refuse to let you stay with two different hosts over two nights, for example. If you did book multiple nights, brace yourself for the prospect of 250.00 hotels rooms or (mostly booked already) hostel rooms.
Do you mind sharing the link to the student host program? I'm inverviewing in 3 weeks and $250 hotel room is the last thing I want to get.
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this has been the case at 2 other schools i've interviewed at so i wouldn't rush to condemnationI answered my own question, apparently I am one of only two people interested in getting a student host at BU.... but I will share anyhow. To get a host list you must ask the adm office either via email or phone- I called and then they sent it online. The host service is not great- do not expect more than one night total in Boston, the students and staff refuse to let you stay with two different hosts over two nights, for example. If you did book multiple nights, brace yourself for the prospect of 250.00 hotels rooms or (mostly booked already) hostel rooms.
whelp.
rejected today. i don't care enough to check when i was complete, but it was probably around, like everybody else's, 3 weeks ago.
40P 3.8. not such a great day since duke's rejection also came today. just gotta trust they know what they're doing and that I wouldn't be a good fit at either school.
good luck guys =]
rejected today. i don't care enough to check when i was complete, but it was probably around, like everybody else's, 3 weeks ago.
40P 3.8. not such a great day since duke's rejection also came today. just gotta trust they know what they're doing and that I wouldn't be a good fit at either school.
good luck guys =]
There seems to be a "30 day complete email" after the first "complete email", which then seems to be followed by an interview invite (maybe) after another 30 days....
So, 60 days after being initially "complete"...🙄
Thanks! I appreciate the info...keeping my fingers crossed
. Really want BU to show me some love.Good luck to you
whelp.
rejected today. i don't care enough to check when i was complete, but it was probably around, like everybody else's, 3 weeks ago.
40P 3.8. not such a great day since duke's rejection also came today. just gotta trust they know what they're doing and that I wouldn't be a good fit at either school.
good luck guys =]
Sorry to hear that man. But with those stats you will get in somewhere nice for sure. Good luck with the rest of your apps!!
Interview invite yesterday, 10/5. Complete email 8/5.
So it doesn't look as though they're passing over everyone between 8/3 and 8/10 (or whatever it was)...
So it doesn't look as though they're passing over everyone between 8/3 and 8/10 (or whatever it was)...
I was compete a few days before 8/10....🙁
We all know what that means.
Yay rejected too! We can have a party.whelp.
rejected today. i don't care enough to check when i was complete, but it was probably around, like everybody else's, 3 weeks ago.
40P 3.8. not such a great day since duke's rejection also came today. just gotta trust they know what they're doing and that I wouldn't be a good fit at either school.
good luck guys =]
🙁Nice email though.
3.8/35Q
Last edited:
interview invite yesterday, 10/5. Complete email 8/5.
So it doesn't look as though they're passing over everyone between 8/3 and 8/10 (or whatever it was)...
wow!!! You're right!! I just got my invite!!!
complete- 8/5
invite- right now
OOS/4.0/31 <---- to everyone else who has an average MCAT score like mine, there is hope!!!
Yay Boston! 😀
wow!!! You're right!! I just got my invite!!!
complete- 8/5
invite- right now
OOS/4.0/31 <---- to everyone else who has an average MCAT score like mine, there is hope!!!
Yay Boston! 😀
Only through the twisted lens of SDN is 31 average!
Congrats on your invite!whelp.
rejected today. i don't care enough to check when i was complete, but it was probably around, like everybody else's, 3 weeks ago.
40P 3.8. not such a great day since duke's rejection also came today. just gotta trust they know what they're doing and that I wouldn't be a good fit at either school.
good luck guys =]
Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up man (or girl), better things will come your way.
I interviewed at BU this past Wednesday and it definitely makes my number 1 choice right now. What a great school, great atmosphere, and great people!
How was the interview? Conversational, etc.? I'll be there next week and am very excited 🙂
Also, any good hotel suggetions?
I answered my own question, apparently I am one of only two people interested in getting a student host at BU.... but I will share anyhow. To get a host list you must ask the adm office either via email or phone- I called and then they sent it online. The host service is not great- do not expect more than one night total in Boston, the students and staff refuse to let you stay with two different hosts over two nights, for example. If you did book multiple nights, brace yourself for the prospect of 250.00 hotels rooms or (mostly booked already) hostel rooms.
hey! i ended up booking a hotel - the first one on the list they provided. it's a block away from the hospital and the BU rate was around 150 bucks with tax. i called a couple of the ritzy hotels in the city and the BU rate is around 230ish not including tax. good luck!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey! i ended up booking a hotel - the first one on the list they provided. it's a block away from the hospital and the BU rate was around 150 bucks with tax. i called a couple of the ritzy hotels in the city and the BU rate is around 230ish not including tax. good luck!![]()
😱 $150?!
Damn. I guess it's a small price to pay to get a chance at going to BU. But for people looking for cheaper accomodations, you can always try http://www.airbnb.com/. It's kind of like somewhere between couch surfing and a bnb. There are a lot of options for under $100!
All this waiting is killing me though! It would be so good to get an invite on my birthday (2 weeks from now!). Best present ever.

😱 $150?!
Damn. I guess it's a small price to pay to get a chance at going to BU. But for people looking for cheaper accomodations, you can always try http://www.airbnb.com/. It's kind of like somewhere between couch surfing and a bnb. There are a lot of options for under $100!
All this waiting is killing me though! It would be so good to get an invite on my birthday (2 weeks from now!). Best present ever.![]()
hey that's awesome! i might switch up my reservation - they have some cute options. 😀
i guess my outlook on hotels is skewed. if it's under 200, it seems like a deal to me, as long as it's not a dump.

i hope you get an invite for your birthday! 🙂
hey that's awesome! i might switch up my reservation - they have some cute options. 😀
i guess my outlook on hotels is skewed. if it's under 200, it seems like a deal to me, as long as it's not a dump.
i hope you get an invite for your birthday! 🙂
lol I guess perpetually being almost-broke and sleeping on floors/couches wherever i go similarly skews my views.
Good luck on the interview!I researched the previous replies, and believe the invites are not given in as strict timing order as 3-week rejections are. A few days plus or minus seem possible.
I'm complete on 8/12. Fingers crossed to hear something next week ...
I was complete on 8/13... lets hope for good news soon!
I was complete on 8/13... lets hope for good news soon!
8/11 here, good luck to us all
.Anyone know the earliest dates available for BU interviews now? I have another interview in Boston in a couple weeks... I was complete 8/12 so I'm hoping to hear back from BU soon, and I was wondering if I should bother considering the possibility of getting both interviews (should BU offer me one
) in the same trip... Either way, come on, BU - show me some love 😀
) in the same trip... Either way, come on, BU - show me some love 😀Anyone know the earliest dates available for BU interviews now? I have another interview in Boston in a couple weeks... I was complete 8/12 so I'm hoping to hear back from BU soon, and I was wondering if I should bother considering the possibility of getting both interviews (should BU offer me one) in the same trip... Either way, come on, BU - show me some love 😀
They gave me two dates from which to choose, Oct 27 and Nov 10...so I guess you'd have to get lucky with the dates they give you? Or you could ask to reschedule. Or send them an in-the-area email.
^ Thanks for the info! I hadn't sent an in-the-area message because I thought they used a self-scheduling calendar, but I think I'll do that.
EDIT: Got an interview invite for one of my requested dates a few hours after I sent the in-the-area message!
EDIT: Got an interview invite for one of my requested dates a few hours after I sent the in-the-area message!
Last edited:
Got my first rejection today. After 2 interview invites, I knew the high wouldn't last that long.
Sucks, but good luck to everyone else.
Sucks, but good luck to everyone else.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ Thanks for the info! I hadn't sent an in-the-area message because I thought they used a self-scheduling calendar, but I think I'll do that.
EDIT: Got an interview invite for one of my requested dates a few hours after I sent the in-the-area message!
Congrats ai!
...EDIT: Got an interview invite for one of my requested dates a few hours after I sent the in-the-area message!
Wow, nice!
haha congrats guju. This whole BU thing reminds me of this lyric:
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come
We might took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
They said, I bet they'll never make it
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong
I'm just fidgeting as I have got way past 60 days and still not hearing. But rumor is that schools are holding up interview invites until after 10/15.
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come
We might took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
They said, I bet they'll never make it
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong
I'm just fidgeting as I have got way past 60 days and still not hearing. But rumor is that schools are holding up interview invites until after 10/15.
haha congrats guju. This whole BU thing reminds me of this lyric:
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come
We might took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
They said, I bet they'll never make it
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong
I'm just fidgeting as I have got way past 60 days and still not hearing. But rumor is that schools are holding up interview invites until after 10/15.
Holding up interview invites until after 10/15... hmmm.. maybe that's why there haven't really been any invites this past week. Where'd you hear that from?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
