2010-2011 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite! Complete 10/8 :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I just got an interview invite today after having got the complete email almost three months ago (8/6). Does anyone who interviewed have any opinions about the school, curriculum, housing (proximity to campus), pediatric programs etc.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to fly all the way out for the interview, but I don't feel like I have a good sense of the school. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
well that was fast! complete 10/25, interview invite 10/27! woo hoo!

I interviewed on Oct 4 and would like to send an update before they make a decision. Should I e-mail Dwight Davis (Dean of Admissions), Marc Lubbers (Director of Medical Student Admissions), or just the general [email protected]? Thanks.

Finally complete after 3 months! :xf:Interview

Well got the small envelope that says hold for review. Interviewed 9/15. :( :( :(. Good luck everyone else.

So I submitted what feels like a hundred years ago (September 8) and still haven't been marked complete. I've sent two emails, the first one almost a month ago and another one a couple days ago, and haven't heard anything back:confused: It's comforting though to see that I'm not the only one that's experiencing a delayed 'Complete'. INTERVIEW ME PENN STATE!!! :xf:

So I submitted what feels like a hundred years ago (September 8) and still haven't been marked complete. I've sent two emails, the first one almost a month ago and another one a couple days ago, and haven't heard anything back:confused: It's comforting though to see that I'm not the only one that's experiencing a delayed 'Complete'. INTERVIEW ME PENN STATE!!! :xf:

You aren't helping your case. Thanks :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you that got an interview already and called in to schedule an interview.. did you guys get an email confirming your interview time?!

because i talked to the lady on the phone and confirmed an interview time but i didn't get a confirmation email :(

they don't send email confirmations for interviews. the woman i talked to made sure i wrote it down because they don't send confirmations out. i wrote it down, but i was so paranoid that i'd walk in on my interview day and be told that i wasn't supposed to be there, lol. just call them back if you forgot

I don't get it? :confused:

The guy already knew that it takes a while to get marked complete, but still sent several emails. That they didn't reply to the second isn't surprising; being a pest doesn't necessarily help his case.

"Be patient".

Just got a letter in the mail telling me that I'm on hold pre-interview. I was complete something like 2 weeks ago, but submitted way back in early August.

The guy already knew that it takes a while to get marked complete, but still sent several emails. That they didn't reply to the second isn't surprising; being a pest doesn't necessarily help his case.

"Be patient".

I guess I didn't see it as unreasonable to expect a reply from a thoughtfully worded email. It said on the 'received' email that I could expect to hear from them again in a few weeks... Whatevs

For those who interviewed and heard decisions, about how long did it take to hear? Just wondering if their "6-8 week" estimate is true or if it has been taking shorter/longer....

Veronica32 how big was the envelope like a greeting card size? thanks

Ok Veronica32 never mind......thankfully her envelope was just a thank you for attending the diversity interview day! Whew! Back to waiting.

if your interview day starts at 10:30 do you just show up at the research building at 10:30? or you gotta show up before then?

Got the "continue to review" letter a few days ago, which is pretty much a hold, right? I got the complete email 10/8, sent in the secondary 8/5.

I'm getting a lot of "holds"... this worries me greatly... :(

PS: Does anyone know Penn State's policy on sending/emailing update letters post-secondary/pre-interview? I emailed them last week but haven't gotten a reply yet. Thanks!

Last edited:
Finally complete!! submitted 8/30/10... Hoping an interview invite will follow!

Phew! Submitted 8/22, complete 11/04.

Submitted 8/24 and complete today! :D
Congrats on the other completes!

just got accepted via snail mail! They said 6-8 weeks, but I got the letter exactly a month later.

Complete 8/17
Interview Invite 9/10
Interviewed on 10/6
Accepted 11/6

it's a big (but not thick) envelope with the Penn State logo in the corner. i could tell what it was as soon as i opened the mailbox

Got my acceptance via snail mail exactly one month after my interview!

Complete 8/17
Interview Invite 9/10
Interviewed on 10/6
Accepted 11/6
IS

Has anyone who interviewed on 10/4 heard yet?

I interviewed on 10/1 and haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.... :-/

i interviewed on 9/29 and haven't heard anything back

Got the "continue to review" letter a few days ago, which is pretty much a hold, right? I got the complete email 10/8, sent in the secondary 8/5.

I'm getting a lot of "holds"... this worries me greatly... :(

PS: Does anyone know Penn State's policy on sending/emailing update letters post-secondary/pre-interview? I emailed them last week but haven't gotten a reply yet. Thanks!

Yeah, I just got this one too. It scared the crap out of me to see that small envelope. I was wondering about the update letter thing as well. Anyone out there know how likely it is to receive an interview from Penn State after the "Continue to review" letter?

I interviewed in late September and got a letter a few days ago saying that my status was "on hold" and would be continue to be further reviewed. Anyone know what this means or the chances of them actually drawing someone from this applicant pool?

MCAT: 35P, GPA: 3.8 (sci/non-sci), IS

have you people who interviewed here been writing thank you letters to your interviewers?

sure, why not? it's a nice gesture and good manners, even though it won't hurt/help your admission status.

sure, why not? it's a nice gesture and good manners, even though it won't hurt/help your admission status.

Thats exactly what I thought too... but the admissions people was all about writing letters... they told us "write them, it helps"

Then someone asked the dean of admissions if it helps and he said "no"

so it was very strange

Thats exactly what I thought too... but the admissions people was all about writing letters... they told us "write them, it helps"

Then someone asked the dean of admissions if it helps and he said "no"

so it was very strange
technically it shouldnt help/hurt ur apps but your interviewer might speak better about you if he feels appreciated. Plus they include it in your file when they review so it shows that you are polite and appreciative of their time. I should probably start writing mine... If i find my thank you cards

Interview invite today! Complete about 2 weeks ago, OOS.

To those who interviewed, did either of your interviews get cut off almost immediately? I know they were trying to stick to a set schedule, but I'm hoping I wasn't the only one. I thought mine were going very well, it just seemed odd that we got cut off in the middle of good, relevant conversation..

To those who interviewed, did either of your interviews get cut off almost immediately? I know they were trying to stick to a set schedule, but I'm hoping I wasn't the only one. I thought mine were going very well, it just seemed odd that we got cut off in the middle of good, relevant conversation..

I dunno, obuckseyesu, but maybe they just weren't too pleased with your Buckeye pride. After all, PSU / OSU have had quite a rocky relationship in years past....

ACCEPTED!!! got the envelope today. first acceptance, and it feels amazing !! :D

I interviewed mid-September and haven't heard back.

Last edited:
i interviewed 10/1. I wouldn't worry too much if you interviewed before then and haven't heard....I got all worried last week when people who had interviewed after me were getting decisions. I think it may largely depend on how quick your interviewers are in returning their feedback. good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.