2010-2011 University of Arkansas Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I received an unexpected call this week from Mr. South offering me a place in the upcoming class!

I realize this may not be a normal question here, but does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a 1br apartment in a safe area near school?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Were u able to find a place and where, if u do not mind? Secondly how long did it take for u to get the paper work after the phone call??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey does any one know of any insurance plans with a decent deductible and a low monthly payment that will satisfy the requirements for UAMS medical student policy?

I worked at UAMS as a tech and just recently quit to get ready for school.

I have been looking into some policies from BCBS and qualchoice. But its taking some time for them to respond. I just recently received confirmation of them reviewing the policy... I will probably get the student insurance for the first year until I can find something Im comfortable with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does any one know of any insurance plans with a decent deductible and a low monthly payment that will satisfy the requirements for UAMS medical student policy?

I have the Qualchoice I00500A plan and I've been very happy with it. It's cheaper than most options I found (under $60 a month) with good coverage. When I priced a year ago it was the cheapest "good" plan with the lowest potential out of pocket if something were to happen, but things may have changed in 12 months.

I worked at UAMS as a tech and just recently quit to get ready for school.

I have been looking into some policies from BCBS and qualchoice. But its taking some time for them to respond. I just recently received confirmation of them reviewing the policy... I will probably get the student insurance for the first year until I can find something Im comfortable with.

Thank you...I'm having a hard time finding a good affordable plan.

I have the Qualchoice I00500A plan and I've been very happy with it. It's cheaper than most options I found (under $60 a month) with good coverage. When I priced a year ago it was the cheapest "good" plan with the lowest potential out of pocket if something were to happen, but things may have changed in 12 months.

Thank you... I will look into Qualchoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.