2010-2011 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone receive news???:eek:

Nope :scared:. Anyone want to call and ask? I called 14 days ago (see post #743 above) and I find it quite strange that no one from the 2/4 interview day has been accepted (or at least not posted here), yet Golden Boy from the same interview batch was waitlisted already. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I actually contacted the office last week and found out something quite worrisome :(

I got a response saying that I interviewed on October 1st and was waitlisted on January 1st, but this information is totally incorrect since I interviewed on January 21st and haven't heard zip since then. I called them and inquired about this, and I was told that this is just a systems glitch and no decision has been made yet if I haven't received anything by e-mail.

Whatever this "glitch" is it's marked my application as "waitlisted" by mistake; let's hope they fix this thing soon since this can potentially screw people over.

Oh no...that's so annoying. I remember about 2 years ago, a friend of mine received an email invitation to interview eventhough she hadn't been invited to submit a secondary (and other ppl on SDN also received that unusual email). It turned out it was a system's glitch as well.

It is actually scary to think they can screw us over! :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what, I think I'll be calling them before the week ends..arrrgh

Nope :scared:. Anyone want to call and ask? I called 14 days ago (see post #743 above) and I find it quite strange that no one from the 2/4 interview day has been accepted (or at least not posted here), yet Golden Boy from the same interview batch was waitlisted already. :confused:

I know it's a very long wait, but I do think that it's not necessarily a bad sign if you haven't heard anything yet. A friend of mine last year interviewed in mid February, and he was accepted in late April (so, that must have been about 10 weeks). It's possible that they haven't made any acceptance decisions yet for the 2/4 interview batch. Don't give up hope. The wait is the hardest thing.

hopefully this will give all you guys some hope....I interviewed in October and still haven't heard a thing, you guys can do the math to see how many weeks it has been haha. All I know is, I haven't been rejected yet so I still must have some hope and so does anyone else who has not heard back yet. Patience

Aww...you guys are awesome! You just gave me hope :) Thx! :xf:

Were you accepted to rural prime or just the school in general?
I was accepted to Rural PRIME and was told that if I decided not to go the PRIME route I would be waitlisted for the regular MD program. So my acceptance is only to PRIME. :shrug:

I was accepted to Rural PRIME and was told that if I decided not to go the PRIME route I would be waitlisted for the regular MD program. So my acceptance is only to PRIME. :shrug:

Yup, the famous PRIME back door.

Also - re-visit is April 15th and 16th. The admissions office is fairly horrible at letting people know such things in advance, but there is facebook page with some info.

The students are planning a BBQ and some other shenanigans to keep people entertained whilst not in school-coordinated activities, so consider coming if you want a better feel for the school from a student's perspective.

And as always I'll take a look at this board once in a while to answer any questions people might have.

:soexcited:Praise the Lord!!!! :love:

Also, I want to share with you that I called (before I got the offer :D) and was told that if you haven't heard back, it's a good thing because you are still under consideration. So never lose hope and, if applicable to you, never lose faith either!

Best wishes to all!!!

Also, I want to share with you that I called (before I got the offer :D) and was told that if you haven't heard back, it's a good thing because you are still under consideration. So never lose hope and, if applicable to you, never lose faith either!

Best wishes to all!!!

did you call and say your name then they just told you actually you are accepted??

Best wishes to all!!!

Awesome! Congratulations! :) If Davis is your top choice, you should join the UC Davis SOM class of 2015 Facebook group. There are already a couple of your classmates there discussing living arrangements, revisit, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
did you call and say your name then they just told you actually you are accepted??

Nope. Separate calls. But if they ask your name, always give your full name...may show interest? Dunno. It only hurts if you've been rude :p

Awesome! Congratulations! :) If Davis is your top choice, you should join the UC Davis SOM class of 2015 Facebook group. There are already a couple of your classmates there discussing living arrangements, revisit, etc.

If you have been accepted, just migrate over to the facebook As was mentioned above there is a revisit weekend for those who have been accepted on 15-16th. Myself and another first year are organizing the revisit, and we will be in contact over the coming weeks.

Our class is sups excited to meet you all.

hopefully this will give all you guys some hope....I interviewed in October and still haven't heard a thing, you guys can do the math to see how many weeks it has been haha. All I know is, I haven't been rejected yet so I still must have some hope and so does anyone else who has not heard back yet. Patience

Adding to the hope-giving and sympathizing with caliboy; I interviewed in October as well and haven't heard anything. When I called last week she said, "I can't give you a time frame," before I even asked. Makes it a bit difficult to plan for the upcoming revisit day...

I got the call just before noon today! I was so excited and shocked at the same time. I interviewed 2/4, waitlisted 3/20, and accepted 4/4. So, there's some movement. Don't give up hope! And I hope to meet and see some of you guys at the second look weekend!

I got the call just before noon today! I was so excited and shocked at the same time. I interviewed 2/4, waitlisted 3/20, and accepted 4/4. So, there's some movement. Don't give up hope! And I hope to meet and see some of you guys at the second look weekend!

congratulations! its good to see other ppl getting accepted, makes me think I still have a chance haha

did you interview/get accepted for the prime programs also? if so, which prime program? thanks

congratulations! its good to see other ppl getting accepted, makes me think I still have a chance haha

did you interview/get accepted for the prime programs also? if so, which prime program? thanks

Hey, thanks! I only applied to the regular MD program. So, I'm assuming that people can apply and be accepted to both the regular MD and the PRIME programs.

Hope you also get great news soon!

Congrats Golden Boy!

But I'm a little confused. How can Davis already be moving people off of their waitlist when they haven't accepted/rejected/waitlisted everyone?

I interviewed in mid-Nov and still haven't heard anything.

Congratulations Golden Boy!!:highfive: We were there the same day!

Finally received the rejection I expected. Interviewed 1/7/11, for SJV Prime. It's okay...I would not have attended anyway. :)

Finally received the rejection I expected. Interviewed 1/7/11, for SJV Prime. It's okay...I would not have attended anyway. :)

were you ever given a decision..like waitlist before you were rejected?

Thanks, and good luck to you too. We don't need UCD. :)

you should call and make sure that it wasn't an error. If you are on the waitlist, you generally dont get rejected until July (or right before school starts).

Rejected yesterday 4/5 via email :mad:

Davis called me today and informed me it was a mistake by their email system:eek:

So still in the game. Hang in there even when hope seems lost guys!

Davis called me today and informed me it was a mistake by their email system:eek:

Yikes! This kind of shenanigans is seriously unacceptable. I can only say that this is not indicative of the kind of treatment you will receive as students. I have had nothing but a positive experience with the rest of the faculty and staff. I am not trying to excuse apathetic/careless communication by admissions, but rather to provide some hope for those of you who are seriously considering Davis! I think that if they could at least provide fair expectations and realistic timelines for you guys/gals, that would go a long way in reducing everyone stress and improving Davis's reputation on SDN universe! Good luck to those still in the game! There will definitely be movement on the waitlist, and the wait is almost over.

Wow what an emotional and mental rollercoaster that must have been! :oops:

Congrats Golden Boy!

But I'm a little confused. How can Davis already be moving people off of their waitlist when they haven't accepted/rejected/waitlisted everyone?

I interviewed in mid-Nov and still haven't heard anything.

My understanding from last year was that you got a rank after your interview, and if at the time your rank wasn't good enough to get accepted you got waitlisted or got put in limbo-mode.

If you had been waitlisted, and your rank was suddenly at the top of the pile, then you got accepted, even over people who had yet to hear back anything but had a lower rank.

Yikes! This kind of shenanigans is seriously unacceptable. I can only say that this is not indicative of the kind of treatment you will receive as students. I have had nothing but a positive experience with the rest of the faculty and staff. I am not trying to excuse apathetic/careless communication by admissions, but rather to provide some hope for those of you who are seriously considering Davis! I think that if they could at least provide fair expectations and realistic timelines for you guys/gals, that would go a long way in reducing everyone stress and improving Davis's reputation on SDN universe! Good luck to those still in the game! There will definitely be movement on the waitlist, and the wait is almost over.

Plus one. The admissions office is not representative of the attentiveness you receive here, which sucks immensely since they are the face of the school for day-to-day interaction with your file.

All I can say is that it is worth dealing with them if you get in.

As a med student at Davis, we would like to apologize for the admissions office. There are a few of us that are trying to make it better, but unfortunately our efforts likely will not go into effect until next year, or the year after that. Hang in there, if you are still on the wait list you still have hope. By my estimate (based on the admitted list I saw yesterday) there are still about 10 slots unaccounted for as well as the usual waitlist movement.

So yeah, don't give up hope yet!

Is there anything proactive we can do from the waitlist?

Also, in my waitlist email they specifically said the waitlist is unranked.... :-\

"The wait-list is unranked, so it is impossible to give you any specific information on your chances of being admitted from the wait-list. You will be notified by phone and/or e-mail should there be a change in your admission status.

If you wish to secure a position on our wait-list, please reply directly through this message by e-mail. On the other hand, please contact us if you wish to withdraw your application from further consideration. Please do not send us any new information, as it will not be considered by the Admissions Committee."

I interviewed on the very first day and have been waitlisted since october. It feels weird not doing anything but still hoping I get off the waitlist!

Was there a change in your online status before they told you it was a glitch? I got my rejection the same day, but I interviewed 3/11/11 so either they are super prompt all of a sudden or they really didn't like me :-/

Was there a change in your online status before they told you it was a glitch? I got my rejection the same day, but I interviewed 3/11/11 so either they are super prompt all of a sudden or they really didn't like me :-/

No clue, sorry didn't check online portal for status :(

Ohh.. sorry! :( i didn't read yours. You interviewed on the same day as me!

So email = bad news or waitlist and a phone call for acceptance, right?

I received a criminal background check request this afternoon, and an acceptance email an hour ago. No phone call. Interviewed on 3/18.

:D

Interviewed - 3/18
Rejected - 4/5
Told it was a glitch - 4/14

Good luck everyone

Interviewed - 3/18
Rejected - 4/5
Told it was a glitch - 4/14

Good luck everyone

Does that mean mine might be a glitch?? I'm scared to call and ask and have them tell me "no, in your case, it was an actual rejection." :confused:

I received a 4/5 rejection. I called on 4/11 and was told that the email was intended for me. Oh well. :)

Received an ACCEPTANCE TODAY! Woohooo :D

My top choice!

Praise Jesus, God is good. Hang in there all... there is always hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.