You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Connecticut
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
Out of state post-interview waitlist (alternate list); just received email.
“Since the Admissions Committee has not yet completed review of all applicants, we are unable to specify a rank-ordered position.”
Ugh sorry 🙁 when did u interview
julianbashir
Full Member
I submitted my secondary in the last week of August, and I interviewed on 01/29/2024.Ugh sorry 🙁 when did u interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nervousguy26
New Member
Does anyone know in state post interview acceptance rate?
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
OOS post-II R
I’m sorry [emoji21] when did u interview if u don’t mind? OOS too and worrieddd
1/26I’m sorry [emoji21] when did u interview if u don’t mind? OOS too and worrieddd
FarmingtonB
New Member
In state alternate list 😕. Interviewed 1/19.
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Welcome to the club. DM me if you wanna cry together lolIn state alternate list 😕. Interviewed 1/19.
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Any current students available to answer questions?
yipyipyehaw
Full Member
can anyone access the "choose your medical school" function on amcas?
I believe it opens tomorrow (2/20) at 9:30 am ESTcan anyone access the "choose your medical school" function on amcas?
Lane Jorgensen
Full Member
anyone know what your chances are like if youre on alternate list?
and do they rank it? website suggests so
and do they rank it? website suggests so
cutie3141592
Full Member
anyone know what your chances are like if youre on alternate list?
and do they rank it? website suggests so
also wondering this. they said in the email they can’t rank it right now because they’re still interviewing but I wonder if we can email and ask for ranks after the interview season is done?
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
Ik it's early but...have any 2/5 interviewers heard back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Luckystar96
Full Member
Ik it's early but...have any 2/5 interviewers heard back
Nothing yet
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
crossing my fingers and my toes lolNothing yet
nervousguy26
New Member
Does anyone know how much going to UConn for undergrad helps?
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
I got the Alternate List so... not a crazy amount lol. My stats are also garbage compared to their average so maybe that was itDoes anyone know how much going to UConn for undergrad helps?
julianbashir
Full Member
Does anyone know how much going to UConn for undergrad helps?
I did 4 undergrad classes at UConn while in high school and ended up on the alternate list, but that’s not the same thing as doing a 4-year undergrad degree there so I don’t think they caredI got the Alternate List so... not a crazy amount lol. My stats are also garbage compared to their average so maybe that was it
FarmingtonB
New Member
For those on alternate list, do we know when is the earliest we will hear if accepted? Is it May 1st or can be sooner ?
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
On last year's thread there was one person who got off the waitlist in mid May and one in late June. But that thread was almost as dead as this one so I'm not sure how representative it really isFor those on alternate list, do we know when is the earliest we will hear if accepted? Is it May 1st or can be sooner ?
cutie3141592
Full Member
For those on alternate list, do we know when is the earliest we will hear if accepted? Is it May 1st or can be sooner ?
website says “alternate listed applicants may be accepted at any time during the admissions season” but i’m sure it’s very unlikely until after the April 30 chose your med school deadline
dr. the ocky way
New Member
any accepted students group yet?
+1OOS Pre-II R just now
+2OOS Pre-II R just now
D
deleted1170884
+ Tres
boomchickapow
Full Member
+1+ Tres
OOS Pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BeagleLover987
Full Member
+ cuatro+ Tres
+cinco+ cuatro
OOS pre-II R, don't know why I applied here.
I feel the same way 😑OOS pre-II R, don't know why I applied here.
+seis+cinco
+siete+seis
+ocho+siete
+nueve+ocho
D
deleted1177770
Does anyone know when the first day of orientation would be? I'm trying to decide when I want to quit my gap year job to give myself enough time to relax before school starts
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
Did any Feb interviewees hear yet? Hoping tomorrow we receive some good news!
RespRate18
Full Member
I interviewed 2/2. Was hoping to hear back soon, do they release decisions on Fridays?Did any Feb interviewees hear yet? Hoping tomorrow we receive some good news!
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
I interviewed 2/2. Was hoping to hear back soon, do they release decisions on Fridays?
They seem to be Thursdays and Fridays but tomorrow may be wishful thinking. I was 2/5!
RespRate18
Full Member
Post-II alternate list email at 12:56. Interviewed 2/2. Really hoping to get off the waitlist here. Does anyone know how much their list moves?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dukesmom1231
New Member
+1Post-II alternate list email at 12:56. Interviewed 2/2. Really hoping to get off the waitlist here. Does anyone know how much their list moves?
stressedtiredsad
New Member
+2 🙁
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
Does this school internally rank?
While the first two years are pass/fail, UConn SOM does indeed internally rank. I confirmed this two different times with the assistant dean of admissions, although he was a bit roundabout in answering. He did not say what or how many ranks there are, but I believe that the ranking is based on clinical grades and possibly Step scores, among other things.Does this school internally rank?