2010-2011 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on interviews? My application says "complete awaiting decision."

Members don't see this ad.

Any word on interviews? My application says "complete awaiting decision."

Mine says the same... do you know when they started interviewing last year???

Last edited:
according to last years thread first invites came out early september

Members don't see this ad :)
talked to admissions rep and he said that toledo will start handing out interviews in october

in this process?? ... unbelievable!! :laugh:

it's okay for me though - still need to submit this secondary..

Same here. I wish they hadn't taken so long to send out the secondary. I finished up all the others, and I'm having a hard time getting the motivation to start back up again. :D. Ah well, now to think of a time when I demonstrated cultural competence...

How long did it take you guys to become "complete"?

The admissions submitted mine (since I have the fee waiver) on 8/31...1 week or more??

Thanks!

How long did it take you guys to become "complete"?

The admissions submitted mine (since I have the fee waiver) on 8/31...1 week or more??

Thanks!

2-3 days. I can't remember the exact time but I never thought "ok wtf toledo whats taking so long."

So I received the email from Toledo saying my application is complete (back on 8/20), but my status on the website still says "Incomplete." Anyone else having this problem??

So I received the email from Toledo saying my application is complete (back on 8/20), but my status on the website still says "Incomplete." Anyone else having this problem??

I had this problem with VCU; a quick call or email to the admissions office should clear it right up. Mostly likely someone hasn't gotten around to updating that. While you're on the phone with the office, might as well confirm that your complete date will remain 8/20; you don't want to be noted as complete in Sept. and get put behind earlier completed apps (if that's how UT does things).

Good luck!

Same here. I wish they hadn't taken so long to send out the secondary. I finished up all the others, and I'm having a hard time getting the motivation to start back up again. :D. Ah well, now to think of a time when I demonstrated cultural competence...

Argh, tell me about it. I have been sitting on this secondary for seriously over 4 weeks now. It's just one essay but I can't for the life of me write the thing :scared:

Argh, tell me about it. I have been sitting on this secondary for seriously over 4 weeks now. It's just one essay but I can't for the life of me write the thing :scared:

it's ok, apparently they don't give out interviews until october so you're still ok as long as you get it in soon.

Members don't see this ad :)

Me too, I just got the complete email so I'm going to give it a while for them to update...I did send them an email earlier today before they sent me the "complete" email so I will wait.

So to those of you wondering if it says "Incomplete", the admissions lady emailed me back and said that my status will not change but that I am indeed complete. I don't know if this is only for people with the fee waiver because she has to go in manually or if its for everyone. Hope this helps.

So to those of you wondering if it says "Incomplete", the admissions lady emailed me back and said that my status will not change but that I am indeed complete. I don't know if this is only for people with the fee waiver because she has to go in manually or if its for everyone. Hope this helps.

Great to know, thank you! :D

talked to admissions rep and he said that toledo will start handing out interviews in october

That's not the case. I just received my invite this morning.

I'm sure they meant they don't actually interview until October (October 4th is the first day).

Last edited:

Sweet congrats!! Did they email you or call?

Would you mind telling me your stats, in a PM if you don't want to share? :D

Sweet congrats!! Did they email you or call?

Would you mind telling me your stats, in a PM if you don't want to share? :D

I received an email

Last edited:
Congrats...are you in state and when were you complete?

I'm sure they meant they don't actually interview until October (October 4th is the first day).

that's probably what they meant. congrats!

I am an Early Decision Applicant and they still have yet to get back to me. My app was complete on Aug 16th. Interviews for EDP applicants are conducted in early September, how late is early is the question? haha, all the best to the other applicants, I'm sure you'll get in.

I received an email.

cGPA- 3.96, sGPA- 3.94, MCAT- 32Q

Ohio resident, complete ~ August 15th

when you say you were complete on aug. 15, is that when you received the complete email from Toledo? b/c I submitted my secondary the day it came out (aug. 13) but didn't get my complete email until sept. 7th.

when you say you were complete on aug. 15, is that when you received the complete email from Toledo? b/c I submitted my secondary the day it came out (aug. 13) but didn't get my complete email until sept. 7th.

That's weird because, I received my secondary request on 8/16 (submitted same day)...and got the complete email within 3 days after submitting...
but I've yet to hear anything since... hope I'm still in the running:xf:

Hm. I don't know what to tell you. They got back to me pretty quickly.

That's weird because, I received my secondary request on 8/16 (submitted same day)...and got the complete email within 3 days after submitting...
but I've yet to hear anything since... hope I'm still in the running:xf:

They still have spots open for the very first day of interviews.

I have a feeling they've invited very few students so far. The lady I spoke with on the phone was very nice.

Did you guys assign three faculty letters only? No letters from volunteer or clinical experiences? Thanks!

Just got an interview invite! Schedule for October 18th.

30/3.9/3.8 and in state.

Secondary submitted on 8/13 and received the complete email 8/20.

Anyone else interviewing then?

Interview invite! Still need to schedule.

OOS, 35, 3.9

They're rolling admissions, right?

I got my interview invite last week and scheduled it for Oct 4. Anyone else interviewing on that day???

Hope Im not to late I just sent off my secondary.

I sent my secondary yesterday. An got the complete email today. Here's hoping.

Was it by email, snail mail, or status check?

Wow just sent in my secondary at the beginning of the week and already got the complete e-mail. All the other schools took almost a month to get complete (especially this late). Toledo is on their game!

Would anyone mind glancing at my cultural competence essay before I submit? I would greatly appreciate just to check if my ideas are on par with the question, thanks!

Would anyone mind glancing at my cultural competence essay before I submit? I would greatly appreciate just to check if my ideas are on par with the question, thanks!

I applied this year (complete 9/2), so mine's already turned in, but I would be happy to look at it, if you'd PM it to me. Again, I'm applying this year, so it's not like I've been accepted or anything or am any sort of expert on secondaries! :laugh:

I applied this year (complete 9/2), so mine's already turned in, but I would be happy to look at it, if you'd PM it to me. Again, I'm applying this year, so it's not like I've been accepted or anything or am any sort of expert on secondaries! :laugh:

Haha I totally feel you. I'm going to feel like a number for awhile until I'm invited for an interview or accepted. I just PM'd you, thanks!

Hey,

I lurk on these forums from time to time, and find it helpful to know when people get (or don't :( get) interview invites.

I was fortunate enough to receive an invite from Toledo.

My stats:
MCAT-32
GPA ~3.8 (both science and overall)
In state
Primary verified-9/8
Secondary complete-9/21
Interview Invite-10/13

Best wishes all!

I was wondering if anyone knew how long Toledo takes to make a decision after your interview. I know that they are rolling admission, but does it take a month or a few weeks...

I was wondering if anyone knew how long Toledo takes to make a decision after your interview. I know that they are rolling admission, but does it take a month or a few weeks...

Typically 2-3 weeks this early in the cycle.

Last year, for example, several people who interviewed on the 15th of October were accepted on the 29th. It all depends on when the adcoms meet and discuss you.

Last edited:
Hey, I am interviewing at Toledo on Thursday. Any recommendations on where to stay overnight/tips about the interview day?

Hey, I am interviewing at Toledo on Thursday. Any recommendations on where to stay overnight/tips about the interview day?

Any of the hotels in the area are just fine.

As for the interview, just be yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.