You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anAvacado....thanks
Full Member
I will be withdrawing today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS, interviewed 3/19, emailed today that eval process will take longer than expect
Yep that was a fun heart attack to have. Especially since the first line was thanking me for taking time to interview, that's exactly how the rejection emails start!Anyone else get the email titled "Follow-up: UToledo MD Decision" And it turns out to just be a statement on delayed decision times? I panicked thinking I was denied, very evil of them to title it that!
Sefereneble
Full Member
IS A today. Email.
When did you interview?IS A today. Email.
Sefereneble
Full Member
SeptemberWhen did you interview?
Thanks! Congrats too! Should've said that in my first message hahahahaSeptember
Forgot to post, but OOS A off the waitlist yesterday afternoon around 4:20 EDT! First MD acceptance of the cycle 🙂
Last edited:
MiMan
Full Member
Congratulations! I am supposed to hear back from my interview finally soon, I hope that if they are admitting people off of the waitlist that means they are more likely to accept and not waitlist me!Forgot to post, but OOS A off the waitlist yesterday afternoon around 4:20 EST! First MD acceptance of the cycle 🙂
I hope so!! Best of luck to you!Congratulations! I am supposed to hear back from my interview finally soon, I hope that if they are admitting people off of the waitlist that means they are more likely to accept and not waitlist me!
Sefereneble
Full Member
Not sure if it’s been asked yet, but can we schedule a visit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scorpionAngel
Full Member
Hey, does anyone know what the timeline for people in the MSBS program is like?
OOS A today, interviewed 3/16
cheddermac91
New Member
Same here, I guess we're twinzies.OOS A today around noon from WL. First acceptance this cycle
cheddermac91
New Member
Yea, just look for the student council email, the link should be in the pdf.Anyone know if there is a Group chat or Facebook group for the accepted class? Can't seem to find anything
Sefereneble
Full Member
Anyone apply to the Facebook and still not accepted to the group?
They said it sometimes takes a couple of days for them to verify that you’re an accepted student and approve you. Don’t worry! You’ll get added to the fb and there is also a GroupMe you can join once you’re in the fb group.Anyone apply to the Facebook and still not accepted to the group?
yep, I was not accepted either yetAnyone apply to the Facebook and still not accepted to the group?
Took me about a week
cheddermac91
New Member
Looks like it opened up (I see some scholarships apps available now).Is the scholarship window closed? When I log into the portal thing it says there are no applications availible
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, my applications showed up over the weekend. Think I just had to wait a bit!Looks like it opened up (I see some scholarships apps available now).
Andrew02
New Member
Hey, my name is Andrew, and I was recently accepted to Toledo Medical School, but I haven’t been accepted into the facebook page yet. I’m looking for a roommate and would prefer to live in Perrysburg! If you’re interested, private message me and I can give you my contact information, thanks!
Anyone know if there’s a GroupMe? The FB group isn’t very active, mostly older students looking for roommates or selling things
There's a link on the GroupMe in the FB group! Might have to scroll down a bit, but it's there!Anyone know if there’s a GroupMe? The FB group isn’t very active, mostly older students looking for roommates or selling things
OOS A! So happy!
cheddermac91
New Member
Yes there is. On the FB page, look for a post from April 30th that has the QR code for the GroupMe.Anyone know if there’s a GroupMe? The FB group isn’t very active, mostly older students looking for roommates or selling things
jejeje2379
Full Member
Congrats! Were you on the waitlist or was it just a straight acceptance??OOS A! So happy!
Thank you! On the waitlistCongrats! Were you on the waitlist or was it just a straight acceptance??
jejeje2379
Full Member
Did you receive any form of communication prior or was the acceptance just out of the blue? This waiting game is so hard 😢Thank you! On the waitlist
Out of the blue lolDid you receive any form of communication prior or was the acceptance just out of the blue? This waiting game is so hard 😢
jejeje2379
Full Member
Greattt thank you!👍Out of the blue lol
current med student. in case any of you future students were curious, here is the match list from the class of 2024. https://www.utoledo.edu/med/student...utoledo-med-2024-commencement-program-web.pdf
You should have recieved an email containing information about the Facebook Group. In the FB Group there is a link to join the GroupMeI have been accepted off of the wait-list! I am very excited to go here but have such little notice now! Are there any group chats or FB groups for incoming students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say it's pretty unlikely as the CTE date passed two days ago. In addition, UTCOM sent me an email saying, "Most years, the final class solidifies 3 weeks or so prior to Orientation with little or no movement after that." 🙁Hey I am still on the waitlist for this cycle at UTCOM. I know they just let another group in on Monday and the registration email went out yesterday morning. Does anybody know if the class is now full or if there is still some waitlist movement we can expect?
Got it. ThanksI would say it's pretty unlikely as the CTE date passed two days ago. In addition, UTCOM sent me an email saying, "Most years, the final class solidifies 3 weeks or so prior to Orientation with little or no movement after that." 🙁
I have another question. Since it is highly likely I won't get in this cycle, I want to reapply for next year. In order to do that I need to improve my MCAT score. Is it too late to do it this year and I would have to take it and then reapply to start in 2026? Or could I take it in September and still manage to apply for the 2025 start?
I think it's gonna be late imo. Most schools start interviews around September with most applicants being complete (meaning they got an email saying their app is complete after submitting their secondary) around July-August. I would take your time to study and perform well and work on other weaknesses to apply for a 2026 start!I have another question. Since it is highly likely I won't get in this cycle, I want to reapply for next year. In order to do that I need to improve my MCAT score. Is it too late to do it this year and I would have to take it and then reapply to start in 2026? Or could I take it in September and still manage to apply for the 2025 start?