You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 East Carolina (Brody) Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Accepted (found out today), interviewed late Nov., good luck to the rest of you
How were you notified?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How were you notified?
Snail Mail
What were your mcat scores, gpa, medical/work/volunteering experience, etc? How did you think your interview went.Accepted (found out today), interviewed late Nov., good luck to the rest of you
Anyone know when/how often the committee meets to discuss files?
Seems to be around the 1st and 15th of every month. Interviewed early October and still waiting....I'm taking it as a positive thing though. That is a lot of time for them to make a decision that I really don't want.
Last edited:
Another question. Looking at the update page it shows that there have been seven more offers made. Does this mean seven offers have been decided upon at the last meeting (Feb. 1) and will be mailed out this week or that there have been seven offers made in the period between Jan 15 and Feb. 1 that have already gone out?
Posting for anyone who hadn't seen this yet, let us know if you're one of the 7 that received offers since the last update! :
As of February 1, 2012, we have .....
Received 876 AMCAS applications
Received 774 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 436 applicants
Made 57 offers
(Generally it takes 100-125 offers to fill a class)
As of February 1, 2012, we have .....
Received 876 AMCAS applications
Received 774 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 436 applicants
Made 57 offers
(Generally it takes 100-125 offers to fill a class)
Rejected today. Good luck to those still in the running!
Sorry to hear that schwabejr. Maybe they'll let you in next year. They do love their reapplicants. 🙂
I was rejected. But i knew the day i interviewed when I saw my interviewer write the word "reject" and circle it after he discovered i hadn't done much volunteering outside of the medical field.
I was rejected. But i knew the day i interviewed when I saw my interviewer write the word "reject" and circle it after he discovered i hadn't done much volunteering outside of the medical field.
Wow, that is pretty bold. That must have been awkward for you. If you don't mind my asking, who was your interviewer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear about the rejections, folks. I am expecting the same. I would go there in a heart beat if they let me in but I was not too impressed by their effort displayed on interview day, and I think they felt similarly about my "package". Good luck folks.
This thread is so quiet compared to most. Does anyone know what days of the month they usually send out acceptances or is it completely random? They've only sent out about half their acceptances, so there are still many more to be admitted, don't lose hope.
This thread is so quiet compared to most. Does anyone know what days of the month they usually send out acceptances or is it completely random? They've only sent out about half their acceptances, so there are still many more to be admitted, don't lose hope.
From what I have gathered, they meet the 1st and 15th of every month. I think they send out acceptances and rejections on the same day by snail mail. Most people seem to get them in 3-4 business days.
I just called admissions. They accidentally forgot to update it last week, but assured me that they will update it ASAP. I couldn't stand waiting anymore. 🙂
Glad you called, Doctor Drea.
This year's thread is much quieter than last year's - fewer people still in the pool from what it looks like. By checking thread traffic, I think the only people left to hear are:
If anyone else is lurking, throw your name on the list - even though we're all competing against one another, it helps to have people rooting for you.
This year's thread is much quieter than last year's - fewer people still in the pool from what it looks like. By checking thread traffic, I think the only people left to hear are:
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- Me
If anyone else is lurking, throw your name on the list - even though we're all competing against one another, it helps to have people rooting for you.
I'm still in the running as well.Glad you called, Doctor Drea.
This year's thread is much quieter than last year's - fewer people still in the pool from what it looks like. By checking thread traffic, I think the only people left to hear are:
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- Me
If anyone else is lurking, throw your name on the list - even though we're all competing against one another, it helps to have people rooting for you.
It seems like there are just a few of us left waiting. I wonder if we have comparable stats.
I interviewed Dec. 7
MCAT 30Q
PS 9
BS 11
VR 10
sGPA 3.65
cGPA 3.75
Solid ECs
Anyone else care to share their stats?
I interviewed Dec. 7
MCAT 30Q
PS 9
BS 11
VR 10
sGPA 3.65
cGPA 3.75
Solid ECs
Anyone else care to share their stats?
Thanks!! I'm beyond excited!! My letter was dated on the 17 and I just got it on Tuesday!
Awesome congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?
Does anyone remember the time frame in which you should expect to hear back? I interviewed Feb 6, so nearly 2 weeks ago.
They say 4-6 weeks, but many people have been waiting much longer than 6 weeks.. on the flip side, I know people that have been accepted in less than 4. Basically, there's no real sure answer...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?[/QUOTE
Sure,I interviewed in November.
OK, so we added one to the list. Here is new "official" list of people waiting to hear:
And, we do have similar stats. Here's my speil:
Non-traditional student (undergrad degree in 1997)
Alternate list at ECU last year
Post-bacc GPA: 3.82
Graduate School GPA: 3.81
MCAT: 30Q (9 - BS, 10 - VR, 11 - PS)
Last year, I had a 27M and got placed on the alternate list, so I was happy to reapply with a 30Q this year. I loved everything about Brody, and they are by far #1 on my list. I interviewed in late October, and sent a letter of interest to them last week.
Good luck to everyone!
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- runnerer
- Me
And, we do have similar stats. Here's my speil:
Non-traditional student (undergrad degree in 1997)
Alternate list at ECU last year
Post-bacc GPA: 3.82
Graduate School GPA: 3.81
MCAT: 30Q (9 - BS, 10 - VR, 11 - PS)
Last year, I had a 27M and got placed on the alternate list, so I was happy to reapply with a 30Q this year. I loved everything about Brody, and they are by far #1 on my list. I interviewed in late October, and sent a letter of interest to them last week.
Good luck to everyone!
What exactly do you write in a letter of interest? Is there an online resource that explains how to write one?
BTW, I am also non-traditional.
BTW, I am also non-traditional.
What exactly do you write in a letter of interest? Is there an online resource that explains how to write one?
BTW, I am also non-traditional.
I just wrote in my letter a little bit about why I'm a good fit for them, and why they're a good fit for me. Nothing too crazy. Some people will update their activities since interviewing (I'm not taking classes anymore, so I'm just working - not much to update there).
I just wrote in my letter a little bit about why I'm a good fit for them, and why they're a good fit for me. Nothing too crazy. Some people will update their activities since interviewing (I'm not taking classes anymore, so I'm just working - not much to update there).
Who do you send a letter of intent to? The dean, your interviewers, or both?
Who do you send a letter of intent to? The dean, your interviewers, or both?
I addressed it to the Admissions Committee, and mailed it to the main mailing address. I also emailed a copy in advance to expedite its arrival, but followed up with the hard copy for the file.
Thanks, ayelet.
New list:
New list:
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- runnerer
- ayelet
- Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqKlYcWr3iQ&feature=youtu.be
Just in case you weren't able to make it to second look, or get accepted after the opportunity to come by for second look day. Video of student and faculty interviews, as well as general information about why Brody is amazing.
Just in case you weren't able to make it to second look, or get accepted after the opportunity to come by for second look day. Video of student and faculty interviews, as well as general information about why Brody is amazing.
Thank you for posting that Girl000, I couldn't get off work at the biomanufacturing plant I work at, so I appreciate this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqKlYcWr3iQ&feature=youtu.be
Just in case you weren't able to make it to second look, or get accepted after the opportunity to come by for second look day. Video of student and faculty interviews, as well as general information about why Brody is amazing.
Thanks, ayelet.
New list:
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- runnerer
- ayelet
- Me
Unfortunately got the rejection letter in the mail this past week.
So sorry to hear that, runnerer. Keep your head up, though. ECU is great about giving feedback to let you know exactly why you weren't admitted, and what you can do to make yourself a more attractive candidate for the next cycle. Here's hoping you won't need it, and that you'll get accepted somewhere else!
And here is the updated list:
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- jp134711
- ayelet
- Me
Last edited:
Hi tp100! Sorry you were left off. . .
New list:
New list:
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- jp134711
- ayelet
- tp100
- Me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK - here we go. . .
- Doctor Drea
- MedBound1
- Dr or Bust dr
- chucktown
- Packman2003
- runnerer - Bad News Feb. 20 (sorry)
- jp134711
- ayelet
- tp100
- dr2serve
- Me
As of March 1, 2012, we have .....
Received 876 AMCAS applications
Received 774 Supplementary applications
Interviewed 460 applicants
Made 76 offers
They only made 5 new offers? I wonder if that means that more of their offers have been accepted. Maybe they will be giving out fewer offers this year.
I certainly hope not. We all need acceptances! Good luck to everybody!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.