2011-2012 University of Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothin :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This wait is driving me insane! Has anyone heard anything?

Reno, maybe 10 min from the school.

Do you mind sharing your stats and a summary of your app? It is peculiar that you were denied after re-applying.

3.99cGPA, 4.0sGPA, 29Q, NV res, ~2yrs hospital volunteering, ~75hrs shadowing, 2yrs tutoring elementary student, college bio discussion group leader 2 semesters, big brothers big sisters, work at the hospital ~4mo, non-science research, worked through college, etc. I don't think my stats are that bad, but apparently thats not the case- I didnt even get waitlisted...again.

3.99cGPA, 4.0sGPA, 29Q, NV res, ~2yrs hospital volunteering, ~75hrs shadowing, 2yrs tutoring elementary student, college bio discussion group leader 2 semesters, big brothers big sisters, work at the hospital ~4mo, non-science research, worked through college, etc. I don't think my stats are that bad, but apparently thats not the case- I didnt even get waitlisted...again.
wow those stats are pretty solid. do you have an idea as to what flaw in your app calls for a rejection?

No idea, clearly there's something they really dont like.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea, clearly there's something they really dont like.

I have had friends who have been rejected and I know you can call and ask them which ways they think you could improve -did you try that last year?

Accepted!! First MD!

Stats: 3.42 cGPA, 3.19 sGPA, 28M MCAT

Going to be a tough decision

I have had friends who have been rejected and I know you can call and ask them which ways they think you could improve -did you try that last year?

Yep. I guess they don't feel I followed their guidelines well enough.

1st Acceptance!!!....still in disbelief..

for those of you wondering.... i received the letter yesterday in CA
i applied as an instate resident though

MCAT >30, 3.5 gpa

best of luck to you all :) :)

1st Acceptance!!!....still in disbelief..

for those of you wondering.... i received the letter yesterday in CA
i applied as an instate resident though

MCAT >30, 3.5 gpa

best of luck to you all :) :)

Congratulations!

I guess if I don't get a letter today then they must have put me off until next month :scared: The waiting game is so rough!

thanks! i interviewed 11/15 in vegas in case anyone was wondering!

Congrats to others that received their acceptance. I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

MCAT 31R - GPA 3.6
military and research experience

Congrats to others that received their acceptance. I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

MCAT 31R - GPA 3.6
military and research experience

When did you receive notice of acceptance in the mail?

Apparently my letter got lost in the mail, but I finally got it. ACCEPTED!!!

Dear Nevada:
Would you be my Valentine? I don't care if you don't mail the letter out until tommarow, just please say yes.

Yours Truely

For those who have been accepted (congratulations by the way!) did yall have to sign off on the letter? Or was the letter in your mailbox. Might be a silly question, but I am highly anxious and very curious.

If it is a rejection letter it will come standard mail and if it is an acceptance or waitlist it will come certified -per my friends who were both waitlisted and accepted and myself who was rejected last year :)

Sorry to hear that, do you have an acceptance lined up somewhere else?

No, unfortunately. This was my first choice, and my last hold-out. Now that 2011-2012 won't happen, I'll start looking toward next year. Emailed Pat about application feedback, so just waitin' for a reply. :p

If it is a rejection letter it will come standard mail and if it is an acceptance or waitlist it will come certified -per my friends who were both waitlisted and accepted and myself who was rejected last year :)

Thank you very much for the information!

Received a certified letter today saying I am an alternate. Is that the same as the waitlist?

Rejected second year in a row.

I'm two hours south of Vegas and interviewed in November in Reno.

Rejected second year in a row.

I'm two hours south of Vegas and interviewed in November in Reno.

I'm really sorry to hear that man. I'm sure good news will come your way from Portland, come April!!

I'm really sorry to hear that man. I'm sure good news will come your way from Portland, come April!!
Wasn't it May? Either way I'm holding out hope for Oregon... Hope you get better news from Reno.

Wasn't it May? Either way I'm holding out hope for Oregon... Hope you get better news from Reno.

Maybe I don't remember correctly but I thought they we will hear in April but that most people are put on hold until May. So I guess May is probably the time when we will hear something since neither of us are 4.0 45 students.

I just got a packet in my mailbox. Didn't have to sign for anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.