2011-2012 University of Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? An accpetance packet? Well congratulations and I haven't heard of anyone receiving an acceptance (from UNSOM) without it being certified. That's good to know -thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ouch....Rejected today. Not too upset about it though because I was gonna withdraw anyways now that I got accepted to one of my top choices. Good luck to everyone else waiting!!

Ouch....Rejected today. Not too upset about it though because I was gonna withdraw anyways now that I got accepted to one of my top choices. Good luck to everyone else waiting!!

I am sorry to hear that :(

I am STILL WAITING to hear anything -I know that "no news is good news" but is it really? It's frustrating and it still might just be a rejection or worse a waitlist in the end anyway...

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. No love for SDN Team Montana, apparently. Not disappointed though... I liked Reno for its feel of urban grit, but I think both JRG and I found even more at another institution. :)

Another Montana friend of mine checked her mail last night and got a certified letter from Nevada. But it's Saturday night and Monday is a holiday, so she won't find out her status (accepted/waitlist) until Tuesday! Omg I don't think I could live with that kind of anticipation!!

I wish they'd just e-mail us, instead of making me terrify and harass the postal worker everyday lol.

Rejected. No love for SDN Team Montana, apparently. Not disappointed though... I liked Reno for its feel of urban grit, but I think both JRG and I found even more at another institution. :)

True Dat!! My only disappointment comes regarding WICHE. I won't hear from another WICHE school (OHSU) until April or May and to be eligible for WICHE funding I would have to hold an acceptance at an eligible school by April 1st. In state tuition in Portland would have been a nice thing to add to my list of Pros.

So they're already sending out rejections for OOS applicants? Hmmm...my interviewer said they usually start sending decisions out sometime in March. Did you guys find out via email or snail mail?

The certified letter for my nonSDN friend was for an 'alternate' position, which I assume means she was waitlisted.

It didn't give any position information, though, so it's hard to estimate the liklihood of her getting an acceptance eventually.

The certified letter for my nonSDN friend was for an 'alternate' position, which I assume means she was waitlisted.

It didn't give any position information, though, so it's hard to estimate the liklihood of her getting an acceptance eventually.

I was waitlisted last year. If she calls the office they will give her a general position (E.G. top/middle/bottom third)

For the record bottom 1/3rd is no good.

I got a notice of certified mail!! I won't get it until tomorrow but that means I wasn't rejected, right?

Well, got my rejection letter in the mail today. :( Looks like I'm up for Round 2!

My friend is in the bottom 1/3rd. So it's basically a polite rejection. Cathy gave her a contact at Reno who can help her improve her application for next year. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend is in the bottom 1/3rd. So it's basically a polite rejection. Cathy gave her a contact at Reno who can help her improve her application for next year. :(

I am on the waiting list it turns out. I will call to see where I am placed. I am 99.9% sure I'll be going elsewhere anyway.

Accepted!! UNSOM Class of 2016 :barf:happiness

Good luck to everyone out there still in this rat race!

Congratulations!! When did you get a letter and are you instate or out of state?

Got a letter stamped for the 21st and I checked my P.O. Box on the 23rd. My P.O. Box is literally within sight of the medical school so I have no idea why it took so long to arrive.

ugh... I just wish it would after the 15th already!

Last edited:
I just found out today that someone was accepted off the waitlist -I still haven't heard anything (well at least not today). I wonder if that means that they are only handing out rejections and more waitlists at this point. Would anyone happen to know??

I just found out today that someone was accepted off the waitlist -I still haven't heard anything (well at least not today). I wonder if that means that they are only handing out rejections and more waitlists at this point. Would anyone happen to know??

There was an email sent to accepted students about a month ago, and I counted ~55 addresses. I would think that means there were still some acceptances to send out for the March 15 round, but maybe the remainder of seats are to be filled from the waitlist?

Wondering if anyone has gotten in here with my stats or worse (feel free to PM me): 27, 3.1sGPA, 3.4cGPA, 2 masters degrees. Nevada resident.

So I'm on the waitlist, and I am wondering if anyone knows if there has been any movement yet?

Accepted 5/9 from IS wait list. I don't think I will be matriculating, but good luck to those of you still waiting to hear - hopefully your phone will be ringing soon!

~ UW SMPH Class of 2016!! ~

Accepted IS off waitlist today, will be matriculating! Good luck to all still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.