2011-2012 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was accepted this past Wednesday! I interviewed April 19th and am OOS. I was never waitlisted, so I figure this might be about as late as anyone receives an outright acceptance. :) I will be withdrawing from another school. Does anyone know of some areas or places that would be a good place to live for a young growing family. Right now, my wife and I have a 1 year old son, so I am really concerned with finding a good but affordable place to live that is safe and nice. Thanks and excited to meet so many of you!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted this past Wednesday! I interviewed April 19th and am OOS. I was never waitlisted, so I figure this might be about as late as anyone receives an outright acceptance. :) I will be withdrawing from another school. Does anyone know of some areas or places that would be a good place to live for a young growing family. Right now, my wife and I have a 1 year old son, so I am really concerned with finding a good but affordable place to live that is safe and nice. Thanks and excited to meet so many of you!

quail hollow is a good choice. But there are plenty of places to choose from. If you want to get away - I'd recommend looking into sylvania, maumee, or perrysburg suburbs

Check out Lake View Shores in Maumee. It's ~ 8 min drive from campus and in a good area. My friend lived there through pharmacy school and it seemed pretty nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them today and they said the committee will meet sometime this week and by early next week, we will hear regarding the prioritization!

Called Kris at Admissions just now, she said they just had their committee meeting on Tuesday and won't know about our ranking on the waitlist for a couple of weeks.

So we don't really know anything? At least they're still accepting people so that's a good sign I guess...

So we don't really know anything? At least they're still accepting people so that's a good sign I guess...

According to SDN they're accepting ppl off the waitlist and ppl who haven't received a decision. So confused as to how Toledo's alternate list system works.

Do any accepted people know when the orientation is? I'm trying to make summer plans while still holding out hope for an acceptance.

I am trying to plan for the coming year financially. It is a little difficult because I am married and have a one year old. I looked at the financial aid breakdown they gave us during our interviews which is for 2011-2012, but haven't gotten the official award amount yet. My questions are:
1) Anyone have an idea of how much total money is allocated for cost of living for 2012-2013?
2) Are most of the scholarships already awarded?
3) Are there any opportunities for first year students to bring in supplemental income (part time jobs, etc)?
4) It also seems there are merit based scholarships awarded which are based on how well you do at Toledo - as in if you do really well the first year you can qualify for a scholarship? Anyone know about this?

This is the COA that I received a while back for next school year.

The University of Toledo
College of Medicine and Life Sciences
2012/2013 Med 1 Cost of Attendance
Direct Expenses
Fall 2012 (Sept-Dec)
Spring 2013 (Jan-May)
Total
Tuition
Fa12$14,898
Sp13 $14,899
$29,797
General Fees
Fa12$695
Sp13$695
$1,390
Equipment Fee
$95
$95
$190
Gross Anatomy
$250
$0
$250
Debit Card Fee
$35
$0
$35
Registration Fee
$30
$0
$30
Health Record Fee
$15
$15
$30
Liability Insurance
$12
$12
$24
Disability Insurance
$53
$0
$53
Special Service Fee
$7
$7
$14
Facilities Fee
$62
$63
$125
$16,152
$15,786
$31,938
Indirect Expenses
Books/Supplies
$750
$750
$1,500
Room/Board
$5,541
$6,926
$12,467
Transportation
$845
$1,055
$1,900
Personal Expense
$1,180
$1,480
$2,660
$8,316
Total Budget
Fa12$24,468
Sp13$25,997
Total: $50,465
Budget does NOT include Health Insurance
Out of State Surcharge:
$15102 per semester
2012/13 Budget is estimated and is subject to change.

The amount I received in my financial aid package totaled to about the same in loans.

Thanks! That was very helpful! I greatly appreciate the time you must have taken to share that info!

Just called the admissions office about waitlist prioritization. She said that emails are going out today.

Just called the admissions office about waitlist prioritization. She said that emails are going out today.

Just received their email. I got put on high priority. So if ppl leave the class do they now go to the alt-list? o.o haven't they been accepting ppl off the alt-list for the past month now ? lol

What is the chance for high priority waitlist? What is alternate list? I thought they only have waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
High priority today. Toledo's a great school, sad I'm withdrawing.

High priority as well..did they have high priority for everyone?

Just received their email. I got put on high priority. So if ppl leave the class do they now go to the alt-list? o.o haven't they been accepting ppl off the alt-list for the past month now ? lol

Yeah, that's what it seems from previous year. They took people off waitlist for about 1 month after the prioritization!
I think they have been accepting people on rolling basis, so it is just the waiting game!

What is the chance for high priority waitlist? What is alternate list? I thought they only have waitlist.
On my interview day, they said if you are high priority, there is close to 50% chance of you being accepted. Look through last year's thread for some more info. Alternate list= waitlist!

Yeah, that's what it seems from previous year. They took people off waitlist for about 1 month after the prioritization!
I think they have been accepting people on rolling basis, so it is just the waiting game!

On my interview day, they said if you are high priority, there is close to 50% chance of you being accepted. Look through last year's thread for some more info. Alternate list= waitlist!

Thanks for the info SB. Just gotta keep :xf:

Accepted! And attending. Good luck to those still waiting!

Interviewed: 4/9
Waitlisted: 5/2
High Priority on waitlist: 6/6~10am
Acceptance: 6/6~3pm

Accepted! And attending. Good luck to those still waiting!

Interviewed: 4/9
Waitlisted: 5/2
High Priority on waitlist: 6/6~10am
Acceptance: 6/6~3pm

Congratulations! Are you OOS?

So is anyone else looking for housing? I am down to have a roommate, preferably male and clean. PM me

Judging from the last year's thread, they had 1-2 acceptances everyday after prioritization for high priority. Is it going at the same pace? I really want to hear from them to get out of this indecision limbo!

Judging from the last year's thread, they had 1-2 acceptances everyday after prioritization for high priority. Is it going at the same pace? I really want to hear from them to get out of this indecision limbo!

wow really? there's been like 0 word from the sdn front lol.

Maybe this week will get the ball rolling. *goes to look at last years thread*

wow really? there's been like 0 word from the sdn front lol.

Maybe this week will get the ball rolling. *goes to look at last years thread*

yeah, it also seems that too many sdners were active after prioritization, it doesnt look the same this year though

Both this thread and UTCOM adcom have been dead silent...

Both this thread and UTCOM adcom have been dead silent...

Does the adcom have a twitter or something I'm missing out on? Throughout this whole cycle I haven't found UT to be very regular with news.

Got my rejection letter in the mail today! Better late than never, right? Ha. I really wish I had thought to send them a rejection letter first.

Does the adcom have a twitter or something I'm missing out on? Throughout this whole cycle I haven't found UT to be very regular with news.

I am not aware of any twitter accounts. what I meant to say is, they have been very quiet as compared to last year after wait list prioritization.

I am not aware of any twitter accounts. what I meant to say is, they have been very quiet as compared to last year after wait list prioritization.
Any acceptance for Hight Priority yet?

Not yet. I just called their office and Kris in the admission office said that there have not been any acceptance off the waitlist yet. However, there have been some withdrawals and thus they will be looking to take some people off the waitlist. The committee is meeting some time next week (not sure what day) to take that decision.
I would consider it a good news that there have not been any acceptances YET. All the best to us!!

Not yet. I just called their office and Kris in the admission office said that there have not been any acceptance off the waitlist yet. However, there have been some withdrawals and thus they will be looking to take some people off the waitlist. The committee is meeting some time next week (not sure what day) to take that decision.
I would consider it a good news that there have not been any acceptances YET. All the best to us!!

Thank you SB for the info!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm getting a little jittery, checking SDN all the time.

Sbakshi - Any movement or good news? Did you call Kris this week?

Thanks

I called yesterday and today and nobody answered the phone. They never seem to answer when I call.

I tried calling today also. Kris's voicemail said she was out of town until the 2nd.

Sbakshi - Any movement or good news? Did you call Kris this week?

Thanks

I see that my question has been answered already. I called Kris earlier this week unanimously and asked her when will hear about my high priority waitlist decision. She said in a COUPLE of weeks..there have been some withdrawals so they def are looking to fill those seats up!
Best of luck to us all!

I was accepted today around 2pm, and have until next Tuesday to decide. I will likely be declining the offer, so hopefully one of you can get it -- also proof that the waitlist is in fact making some movement!

I was accepted today around 2pm, and have until next Tuesday to decide. I will likely be declining the offer, so hopefully one of you can get it -- also proof that the waitlist is in fact making some movement!

Congratulations! and thanks for letting us know!
Good luck to those who are waiting!

Accepted off of High Priority today!!! I interviewed 2/23 and am OOS. So stoked!

Accepted off of High Priority today!!! I interviewed 2/23 and am OOS. So stoked!

Congrats!
To those that are accepted, are you accepted elsewhere? I hear that AAMC shares the list of accepted students with the med schools. I figured that they might not accept those tht are accepted at other schools (like myself).

so i think everyone active on this thread is in same position as i am..so i m trying to vent my frustration of the situation a bit..
i am scheduled to sign a lease tomorrow for an apartment at the place i m accepted at. it is not my dream school or anything, and its not bad either.
i really need to know the status with toledo soon..it is really hard to write those letters of interest as nothing gets changed in a week or two's time.
ok i think that is enough..

so i think everyone active on this thread is in same position as i am..so i m trying to vent my frustration of the situation a bit..
i am scheduled to sign a lease tomorrow for an apartment at the place i m accepted at. it is not my dream school or anything, and its not bad either.
i really need to know the status with toledo soon..it is really hard to write those letters of interest as nothing gets changed in a week or two's time.

I feel you. I hate being stuck in this semi-limbo but i'm preparing to attend another school. I know n=1 but the person I stayed with at UToledo said he was on the WL until mid july. So its still possible!

i dont have an acceptance and it's really frustrating to not hear anything from them and being unable to contact the admissions office. i've already submitted my reapplication to aamcas but i dont know whether to start spending money on additional schools and secondaries

i dont have an acceptance and it's really frustrating to not hear anything from them and being unable to contact the admissions office. i've already submitted my reapplication to aamcas but i dont know whether to start spending money on additional schools and secondaries

I'm in this same boat here and Cincy. I feel like Toledo has been slow and hard to contact all year, its frustrating.

Last edited:
Also in the same situation. Has anyone heard anything new this week?

I got the call today saying that I'm in! I guess they're still going through the WL.

Wow Hiyaman! Congratulations!! Wish you the best. Are you going to take it?
Also, are you accepted else where too? When did you interview? I m just trying to figure out if they are going in a particular order or not!

Wow Hiyaman! Congratulations!! Wish you the best. Are you going to take it?
Also, are you accepted else where too? When did you interview? I m just trying to figure out if they are going in a particular order or not!

Thanks man. I'm going to take the spot because I really liked this school plus the overall costs is lower than the school I previously held an acceptance at. I interviewed sometime in march (forgot exactly when though) I think it was march 13 or something. I wrote a letter of intent in april, though it probably didnt help because it sounded like they're going down a list. They just told me that I was next on the list. Hope that helps. Goodluck SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.