You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by DocInProgress
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
For the previous date, the statuses for other people were updated around 6:12ish. do you remember when you got yours in?They send you an email. Good luck, all!
For the previous date, the statuses for other people were updated around 6:12ish. do you remember when you got yours in?
It was around 6ish, but I know other people who got theirs at other times (11AM and 11PM for example).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of the 150 ppl watching this thread not one got in??
Yeah, seems unlikely - keep hope alive! 🙂Out of the 150 ppl watching this thread not one got in??
Still waiting.. really??
Im feeling sick just waitingStill waiting.. really??
Im feeling sick just waiting
Agreed! The wait is killing me!
damn baby gurl just ruined my dayAccording to a facebook search for recent posts including the string "VCU", about 30 minutes ago someone in VA posted this:
"Congrats to my Baby Gurl who just received her acceptance letter from VCU, her 1St Choice... We're jumping up n down and crying!!"
Did Baby Girl get into med school? Are they only referring to undergrad? ...The world may never know.
VCU undergrad sends out letters...med school doesn't do the hard letters. Deep breath, everyone.
According to a facebook search for recent posts including the string "VCU", about 30 minutes ago someone in VA posted this:
"Congrats to my Baby Gurl who just received her acceptance letter from VCU, her 1St Choice... We're jumping up n down and crying!!"
Did Baby Girl get into med school? Are they only referring to undergrad? ...The world may never know.
This is hilarious.
I'm still pre-interview, but rooting for you guys!!!damn baby gurl just ruined my day
Well...that did say "letter"
mother****ers. im gonna watch Capitals game, and periodically (every 10 seconds) gonna keep checking for updates...WHY CANT THEY JUST REJECT ME ONCE! I dont want to feel this crappy on a monthly basis...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dyinggggg. And I'm about to head to a rehearsal and can't look at my phone for the next 3 hours. This is going to be agony. 

Stephanie Wright-Jenkins was applying for undergraduate VCU
Epic Troll Post Though
Epic Troll Post Though
Do high school students find out this early?
mother****ers. im gonna watch Capitals game, and periodically (every 10 seconds) gonna keep checking for updates...WHY CANT THEY JUST REJECT ME ONCE! I dont want to feel this crappy on a monthly basis...
Would you prefer they just reject you now and leave it be? I'm sure if you send them an ultimatum along those lines, you'll get your wish in a timely manner. 😉
Just don't test 'em too much. I know of at least one school that has rejected students in the past because "the adcom felt [the student] really needed to know her final status right then due to her constant badgering." Unfortunately, the news they give her in that case was not exactly the news she was probably hoping to receive.
After a quick glance through past years, the last time that "no member of SDN received an acceptance" was -- just last year actually. They (administration) had a glitch in their system and updates weren't sent out until they eventually caught wind of the problem.
... If no one reports an acceptance on here throughout the rest of the night, I reckon we got ourselves a lil glitch on our hands ladies and gents.![]()
Are you talking about for one acceptance date or for a cycle? There are plenty of us who've received offers from VCU already this year, but as for this acceptance date, well...who knows. Maybe they're a little late getting them out. I know I received mine on Dec 15 around 2pm, but I'm sure they come in throughout the day as the Admissions staff enters the data and such.
BTW, for those accepted at multiple schools, how do you see VCU? I've heard mixed ratings. I am currently between VCU, SLU, and Creighton. VCU seems like it may be the best of three, but it is also on the other side of the country (Colorado native here). Still waiting on 3 other schools that I interviewed at, though, so we'll see....
Well i hope they fix the glitch in the matrix, because i have already gone out and gotten muffins and snickers ice cream bars. i think i might move on to doughnuts if this keeps up...
btw, do you know when the issue got resolved?In other words, the most recent "YAY! VCU is releasing decisions today... OOOPS, looks like not a single person on SDN was accepted" event was last year... and it was due to a glitch.
In other words, it would be quite an anomoly for no one on SDN to get accepted on any given "decision day".
We'll see. 😛
This wait must be agonizing for you folks 🙁
ohgodyes,
But the fact that no one has heard yet is comforting.
Ah i see. Thanks, and hope you guys get in!On the login page:
02/02/2012 Offers of admission to VCU School of Medicine were made between 6pm-7pm 2/1/2012, the system will load these in over the next 24 hours.
I guess we will be waiting till 6 pm again then....
The emails are coming out earlier than expected.
Does that mean you already got an email this morning?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What percentage of applicants are taken off the waitlist?
So you think that's it for acceptances?
so, is that it? 🙁
well, since the update on their status log-in page says "the system will load these in over the next 24 hours" I'm going to imagine that they're going to trickle in throughout the day.... wishful thinking maybe but I'll keep hoping until 6 or 7 tonight I think. Unless someone knows otherwise that is!so, is that it? 🙁
well, since the update on their status log-in page says "the system will load these in over the next 24 hours" I'm going to imagine that they're going to trickle in throughout the day.... wishful thinking maybe but I'll keep hoping until 6 or 7 tonight I think. Unless someone knows otherwise that is!
👍 for hopefull thinking!!!
For those accepted, what time are you guys getting the e-mail?
Accepted!!!! 😀😀😀 I got an email at 9:24am. It's gonna be great getting to know everyone in the VCU CLASS OF 2016!!!!
Email at 11:42 from VCU SOM "We are saving you a seat...at the Spring 2012 at the VCU SOM open house"... hilarious. I didnt get an email so congrats to all of the people who got in
so, correct me if I am wrong... they'll let you know only if you are accepted or rejected, waitlist statuses go out in late-march after the last offer date. correct?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so, correct me if I am wrong... they'll let you know only if you are accepted or rejected, waitlist statuses go out in late-march after the last offer date. correct?
From what I have heard, they actually only send out acceptances on these designated days. Rejections go out at other times, and if you don't hear anything and have been reviewed, then you are waitlisted. Could be wrong, but that's sort of what I have gathered.
Also, congrats to everyone who got good news!
So, I called the office and they said that the offers were sent out this morning. So, if haven't recieved an e-mail yet, you are still on hold. Sorry guys...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.