2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How long did it take for people to get their Banner ID number? Sorry for asking on here I just do not know how long it took or if I am missing something and I am trying to find it right now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take for people to get their Banner ID number? Sorry for asking on here I just do not know how long it took or if I am missing something and I am trying to find it right now.
Where can you find the Banner ID number? Does it show up only after you accept the offer? I am confused as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you need the eID to get the email, and banner ID is required for eID. I got an email today saying it takes 7-14 days to generate your banner
Can you share which email address you sent an email to? I emailed a few times but have got no reply at all
 
Can you share which email address you sent an email to? I emailed a few times but have got no reply at allthe conta
The contact us tab on the portal provides an email and I used that one. I didn’t receive a reply to it though I just got a general email from medadmit about the 7-14 days.
 
OOS A on May 8th.
In CYMS, how can you drop the previous acceptance and choose VCU to enroll, the VCU admission decision still shows as Alternate List.
Does VCU consider the acceptance on CYMS as Plan to Enroll or Commit to Enroll?
 
OOS A on May 8th.
In CYMS, how can you drop the previous acceptance and choose VCU to enroll, the VCU admission decision still shows as Alternate List.
Does VCU consider the acceptance on CYMS as Plan to Enroll or Commit to Enroll?
You might have to remove your PTE tag from the other school.
You can also tell VCU yes and wait for the CYMS tool to update, then select it
 
The contact us tab on the portal provides an email and I used that one. I didn’t receive a reply to it though I just got a general email from medadmit about the 7-14 days.
It took ~8 days for my Banner ID to add to the portal. They noted at one point it may take longer because they are behind. Also IT told me once you get your Banner ID assigned it can take 3-5 days before it become associated with your e-ID. So if you Banner ID doesn't work immediately, wait 3 days and try again.
 
Does anyone know if we could call admissions and ask about our chances of getting off the waitlist? I know another medical school that allows students to do this.
 
Does anyone know if we could call admissions and ask about our chances of getting off the waitlist? I know another medical school that allows students to do this.
I called admissions last week; they told me at this point there is nothing we can do besides wait. They wouldn't tell me anything about my chances, they also told me that at this point update letters etc. would be pointless. I don't care I still sent an update letter though.
 
I called admissions last week; they told me at this point there is nothing we can do besides wait. They wouldn't tell me anything about my chances, they also told me that at this point update letters etc. would be pointless. I don't care I still sent an update letter though.

I tend to agree with this
 
Applicant for next cycle here:
3. Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application.
4. Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.
5. If not addressed in your application, what are you currently doing now?
Regarding these three, if I don't have any lapses or poor grades, what should I write here? Also, my gap year position will be described in the primary as well. Are 3 and 4 optional questions?
 
Applicant for next cycle here:
3. Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application.
4. Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.
5. If not addressed in your application, what are you currently doing now?
Regarding these three, if I don't have any lapses or poor grades, what should I write here? Also, my gap year position will be described in the primary as well. Are 3 and 4 optional questions?
I think I wrote N/A or just left blank. You should address 5 if there’s any clarity you can add but not if it’s a direct rewrite
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do 3rd years do rotations here? Do you need a car to get to rotation sites?
most rotations are in the hospital which is literally a minute walk from campus

some rotations you will need a car, like a rural family medicine rotation or at the VA hospital

it's required that you need a car regardless by M2 year though, since you do preceptorships for a longitudinal class that could be farther away
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad