You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by DocInProgress
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
hey do any of you know what steps we have to take and we have to contact to request a hard copy of an acceptance letter?
Call the admissions office?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received an interview invitation, they offered Feb 28th, 29th, and March 1st.
Does anyone know if March 1st is their last interview date? I'm from the west coast and buying a ticket for a flight in less than a week is not very good for my bank account...
Does anyone know if March 1st is their last interview date? I'm from the west coast and buying a ticket for a flight in less than a week is not very good for my bank account...
I just received an interview invitation, they offered Feb 28th, 29th, and March 1st.
Does anyone know if March 1st is their last interview date? I'm from the west coast and buying a ticket for a flight in less than a week is not very good for my bank account...
Call admissions office and ask them. They'll be understanding of your situation.
just received status update stating interview spaces were full and rejected pre interview 🙁
Canadian, further status since Nov
Canadian, further status since Nov
Just got my notice saying they will not be able to interview me this season. I got the MAY status in mid-August so it doesn't mean that much I guess.
+1 "may" status early Jan
This school is my number one, and I was rejected pre-interview....status was "FURTHER"
I hope things sort out for a re-application, and that I still see VCU as a medical student. Good luck everyone!
I hope things sort out for a re-application, and that I still see VCU as a medical student. Good luck everyone!
Rejected after pre-interview hold.
rejected pre-interview... Had the may status for so long i can't even remember.
Good luck to those still waiting!
+2500
Rejected after pre-interview hold.
+1. I think about 5 million of us just got the email. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if I haven't received an II. Can I assume it over?
I think so. 🙁
Annndddd reeeeejected! Blah
Annndddd reeeeejected! Blah
Congrats on the acceptance to Albany!
Congrats on the acceptance to Albany!
Thanks! That's why this doesn't sting as much 🙂
Thanks! That's why this doesn't sting as much 🙂
Well you're on the path to becoming a physician now. I'm very excited for you!
Rejected yesterday after being on hold since Halloween 🙁 good luck to everyone else
Rejected yesterday after being on hold since Halloween 🙁 good luck to everyone else
Pre or post interview?
only acceptances posted on March 16th I believe. The waitlist is formed late March.
Has anyone received a confirmation after sending the second look form to Mrs. Donna Jackson?
I haven't heard about this second look option (12/15 was my acceptance date).
I haven't heard about this second look option (12/15 was my acceptance date).
You should probably call them. They give you a more in depth look at the school, have dinner, meet the faculty and students. Also housing is provided by medical students so it seems like a great opportunity to blend in and not have a shock as a frat year.
I haven't heard about this second look option (12/15 was my acceptance date).
According to a previous post by Frazier, second look invites appear to be sent to URM applicants. The dinner and social events at night are with SNMA, so it seems to be URM-oriented for some reason.
According to a previous post by Frazier, second look invites appear to be sent to URM applicants. The dinner and social events at night are with SNMA, so it seems to be URM-oriented for some reason.
That's not completely true, I know a bunch of people that are ORM (Indian, Arab, white) that got invited. My understanding is that it's directed towards:-
"Populations underrepresented in medicine
Those from rural backgrounds
Persons considered non-traditional students"
Glad I have March Madness to keep my mind occupied until Friday.
VCU, I promise to cheer for the Rams if you admit me. 🙂
VCU, I promise to cheer for the Rams if you admit me. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On needles and pins already....what am I going to do tomorrow, and Friday, and when their system glitches again!?
to those waiting to hear back on 3/16!
"needles and pins", reminds me of dermatome testing, it is good to always check for pins and needles😕
Glad I have March Madness to keep my mind occupied until Friday.
VCU, I promise to cheer for the Rams if you admit me. 🙂
Well, my alma mater shat the bed, and the whole field looks pretty meh, I'll be rooting for VCU even if they reject me. Too bad they drew Wichita St in the first round, I was looking forward to seeing both the Rams and Shockers make some noise.
I mean... this is what it all comes down to. Everyone who has interviewed will be handed a fate today - accepted, rejected, or waitlisted, with the unspoken quality score cutoff being the determining factor.
Im nervous, but I'd be even more nervous if I didnt have a plan for this year, assuming I dont get in. Its the waiting thats killing me though. I wish the best of luck to everyone who interviewed - like the above poster, I too am in love with this school.
Damn I cant wait till 6pm.
Im nervous, but I'd be even more nervous if I didnt have a plan for this year, assuming I dont get in. Its the waiting thats killing me though. I wish the best of luck to everyone who interviewed - like the above poster, I too am in love with this school.
Damn I cant wait till 6pm.
I mean... this is what it all comes down to. Everyone who has interviewed will be handed a fate today - accepted, rejected, or waitlisted, with the unspoken quality score cutoff being the determining factor.
Do we know this for sure? I was under the impression that, as in the past, only acceptances would be receiving the coveted status update today.
Yeah, pretty sure you're correct. I think I heard it's just acceptances today and waitlist info comes out late March...Do we know this for sure? I was under the impression that, as in the past, only acceptances would be receiving the coveted status update today.
They never actually tell us our priority score, which ultimately determines the wait-list position. Looking at past threads it looks like at the very most the occasional person was told was "you are in good position" or something to that effect but the general stance of the office is not to give out information on this.
Also, I thought most of the rejections were basically done the week after the interview if you didn't make the cut-off (I think 3.5 Dr. W-C said)...do you guys think there's another round coming though, say at 3.0?
Also, I thought most of the rejections were basically done the week after the interview if you didn't make the cut-off (I think 3.5 Dr. W-C said)...do you guys think there's another round coming though, say at 3.0?
I think they decide based on how many people are still under consideration.Also, I thought most of the rejections were basically done the week after the interview if you didn't make the cut-off (I think 3.5 Dr. W-C said)...do you guys think there's another round coming though, say at 3.0?
I think they decide based on how many people are still under consideration.
I remember Dr. WC saying that theres a new cutoff quality score just before the Waitlist is created. Whoever doesnt make this cutoff gets rejected. Im not trying to troll and create more tension for neurotic premeds, so if Im wrong, please say so.
I mean... this is what it all comes down to. Everyone who has interviewed will be handed a fate today - accepted, rejected, or waitlisted, with the unspoken quality score cutoff being the determining factor.
Im nervous, but I'd be even more nervous if I didnt have a plan for this year, assuming I dont get in. Its the waiting thats killing me though. I wish the best of luck to everyone who interviewed - like the above poster, I too am in love with this school.
Damn I cant wait till 6pm.
Where'd you get that 6pm figure? I thought offers were extended in the morning? Why has this board been quiet since 0930am?
i'm depressed.
Status updates at VCU are almost ALWAYS given out shortly after 6pm ET. Exceptions have occurred, particularly when the system has some sort of glitch.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where'd you get that 6pm figure? I thought offers were extended in the morning? Why has this board been quiet since 0930am?
i'm depressed.
I was wondering what's with the silence too! 🙂 Just try and relax/Don't drive yourself too crazy.

Where'd you get that 6pm figure? I thought offers were extended in the morning? Why has this board been quiet since 0930am?
i'm depressed.
They tend to come out around 6 PM ET. My decision was posted around 6:10 PM if I recall correctly.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.

