You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I've been complete since mid-July, have not heard back yet. Would it be advisable to send a letter of interest sometime in October if I don't hear back?
Yes! Creighton LOVES letters of interest, update letters, etc. - keep them as updated as possible on your application. Also, utilize their open door policy on Thursdays to show your genuine interest in the school. The admissions office is very helpful 🙂
Yes! Creighton LOVES letters of interest, update letters, etc. - keep them as updated as possible on your application. Also, utilize their open door policy on Thursdays to show your genuine interest in the school. The admissions office is very helpful 🙂
Cool! What's the open door policy?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool! What's the open door policy?
Most Thursdays from 1:30-4:30 (I believe) you can call the admissions office and discuss your app with a member of the adcom
Most Thursdays from 1:30-4:30 (I believe) you can call the admissions office and discuss your app with a member of the adcom
Oh wow, that's really neat. I might try this tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
i've been complete since mid-july, have not heard back yet. Would it be advisable to send a letter of interest sometime in october if i don't hear back?
+1
I'm staying at the Motel 6 on 30th (by the medical center). I think we have to be on the other side of campus at 8am for the first part of the day. Easiest way to get there? Does Creighton have a shuttle? Also do you guys think Motel 6 would be okay with holding onto a bag...I have to zip out of the interview right away at 3 to catch my flight back and it would be nice if someone would be able to hold onto my bag....
Just got complete email from Creighton...freaked out because it started with we are excited...thought it was an ii for a second
I'm staying at the Motel 6 on 30th (by the medical center). I think we have to be on the other side of campus at 8am for the first part of the day. Easiest way to get there? Does Creighton have a shuttle? Also do you guys think Motel 6 would be okay with holding onto a bag...I have to zip out of the interview right away at 3 to catch my flight back and it would be nice if someone would be able to hold onto my bag....
Here is the link for the shuttle route:
http://www.creighton.edu/admin/shuttleservices/shuttle/schedules/combinedeastwest/index.php
From the Motel 6, your closest stop would be 31st and Chicago. It looks like it would take 16 minutes to get down to the Harper Center where you need to go, so I wouldn't recommend the shuttle. It would take about that long (probably faster) and be easier to just walk if the weather is fine. Also, you are only 4 blocks away, so a cab would be dirt cheap.
Edit: If you are a female wearing heels, do not walk, that would be worse than the shuttle. I'd still go for the cab though if you can swing an extra $5.
BTW, any of you 9/22 interviewees figure out who I am? 😛 I don't think that shoulda been too challenging, considering I'm just as obnoxious in real life as I am on here hahaha
BTW, any of you 9/22 interviewees figure out who I am? 😛 I don't think that shoulda been too challenging, considering I'm just as obnoxious in real life as I am on here hahaha
Sure. You were the guy in the horned viking helmet and kilt, right?
BTW, any of you 9/22 interviewees figure out who I am? 😛 I don't think that shoulda been too challenging, considering I'm just as obnoxious in real life as I am on here hahaha
Lol yep. Car struggles?
I just got an interview invite and clicked the link. It directed me to my secondary app, but I do not see where to schedule an interview. Any ideas?
same. hopefully the system will refresh soon or something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol yep. Car struggles?
HECK YES hahaha hollllla
same. hopefully the system will refresh soon or something.
I'm glad someone else is having the same issue. The page isn't refreshed today, but I sent them a quick e-mail.
I'm glad someone else is having the same issue. The page isn't refreshed today, but I sent them a quick e-mail.
if and when you receive a reply, could you let me know? 🙂
and cartelguy, i received the complete email on 9/11.

if and when you receive a reply, could you let me know? 🙂
and cartelguy, i received the complete email on 9/11.![]()
Much apprec, Cin. I looked back and saw that my complete email came on 9/13. Did you, or others who have received II's submit any updates? I'm thinking about doing so, but it feels like most of what I'm currently doing was either underway or started just after I submitted my secondary on 8/28. Maybe I'll give it another week or two and if I haven't heard anything I'll add updates. Reasonable plan???
Much apprec, Cin. I looked back and saw that my complete email came on 9/13. Did you, or others who have received II's submit any updates? I'm thinking about doing so, but it feels like most of what I'm currently doing was either underway or started just after I submitted my secondary on 8/28. Maybe I'll give it another week or two and if I haven't heard anything I'll add updates. Reasonable plan???
i actually did not submit any updates, because i had none lol. but i think that's a more than reasonable plan! good luck!
also, carrino, i was able to schedule my interview just now. dates available were nov 9, 10, 16, 17.
Does anyone have any idea up to what interview dates will hear decisions on the 15th??
Hmmm. I called the admissions office last night about my profile (How it had suddenly changed about four-five weeks ago). It turns out it was just a glitch in the system. They haven't even looked at my application yet! I don't know what's taking them so long. I was complete in early July. Oh well... It's an unpredictable process and a waiting game :/
Does anyone have any idea up to what interview dates will hear decisions on the 15th??
I'm not sure, but I interviewed on 9/29 and they said it would be 6-8 weeks before our group would hear anything.
Has anyone who interviewed noticed that their status page, errr specifically the listed LOR's that were on the page, are now missing? Last year that supposedly meant that they had made a decision on your file...
mine are still thereHas anyone who interviewed noticed that their status page, errr specifically the listed LOR's that were on the page, are now missing? Last year that supposedly meant that they had made a decision on your file...
Has anyone who interviewed noticed that their status page, errr specifically the listed LOR's that were on the page, are now missing? Last year that supposedly meant that they had made a decision on your file...
I actually had not really paid much attention to this page, but I cannot find my LORs now. Not sure if that's because they've disappeared or I am just inept. The latter seems probable.
Has anyone who interviewed noticed that their status page, errr specifically the listed LOR's that were on the page, are now missing? Last year that supposedly meant that they had made a decision on your file...
Call and find out? 🙂 I think that's an indication of a decision on your application.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is this "last status updated" thing that everyone has mentioned? My application was marked complete today (late application this year), and I'm curious where it is and what it means. Thanks!
I don't think it means anything. Last year my "last status updated" changed a few times and it didn't seem to correlate to anything at all. The only give away I know of that you find on your online app is final decisions. After your interview LORs disappear from your application page as soon as they make a decision and you can call in to ask what the decision is.
Hmmm. I called the admissions office last night about my profile (How it had suddenly changed about four-five weeks ago). It turns out it was just a glitch in the system. They haven't even looked at my application yet! I don't know what's taking them so long. I was complete in early July. Oh well... It's an unpredictable process and a waiting game :/
How do you know if your application has been looked at yet? I have been complete since July too and have not heard anything either!
I don't think it means anything. Last year my "last status updated" changed a few times and it didn't seem to correlate to anything at all. The only give away I know of that you find on your online app is final decisions. After your interview LORs disappear from your application page as soon as they make a decision and you can call in to ask what the decision is.
If I were to call in and ask about the status of my application, would they be able to tell me whether I've been accepted/wait-listed/rejected? Or are they not not allowed to release that information until the 15th?
If I were to call in and ask about the status of my application, would they be able to tell me whether I've been accepted/wait-listed/rejected? Or are they not not allowed to release that information until the 15th?
Oh I have no idea. I interviewed a little later last year so that wasn't really an issue with me. It never hurts to try though, I'd give them a call. They're really nice in the office.
Just called the admission office. The gentleman told me that admission packets will be mailed out on the 16th.
EDIT: On another note... where was this Letter of Rec page supposed to be? Apparently my friend who's there right now said that when the page disappears, that's when your status supposedly changes and the decision's been made...
EDIT: On another note... where was this Letter of Rec page supposed to be? Apparently my friend who's there right now said that when the page disappears, that's when your status supposedly changes and the decision's been made...
WOMP I can see my letters still..... sigh. This is cruel and unusual punishment when you're an impatient person, haha
haha when'd you intetview?WOMP I can see my letters still..... sigh. This is cruel and unusual punishment when you're an impatient person, haha
If I were to call in and ask about the status of my application, would they be able to tell me whether I've been accepted/wait-listed/rejected? Or are they not not allowed to release that information until the 15th?
They aren't allowed to tell anyone they have been accepted before the 15th. No school can.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh I have no idea. I interviewed a little later last year so that wasn't really an issue with me. It never hurts to try though, I'd give them a call. They're really nice in the office.
Thanks! I'd feel like such a pest if I bothered them with such a neurotic question when they're undoubtedly still buried in applications.
WOMP I can see my letters still..... sigh. This is cruel and unusual punishment when you're an impatient person, haha
Where are the letters displayed on the status page? On the first page after login?
They aren't allowed to tell anyone they have been accepted before the 15th. No school can.
Thanks for the info! I thought as much but was not entirely positive.
Can anyone remember the essay prompts for the secondary? I would like to get a head start
They are listed on the first post of this thread. GL!
SpacemanSpiff said:Where are the letters displayed on the status page? On the first page after login?
I think it's supposed to be somewhere on the secondary application page (where it displays your personal info, your essays, etc. under each tab).... I don't recall ever seeing mine... probably because I never paid attention.
i think they're visible when you "check status"I think it's supposed to be somewhere on the secondary application page (where it displays your personal info, your essays, etc. under each tab).... I don't recall ever seeing mine... probably because I never paid attention.
I think it's supposed to be somewhere on the secondary application page (where it displays your personal info, your essays, etc. under each tab).... I don't recall ever seeing mine... probably because I never paid attention.
+1
i think they're visible when you "check status"
Thanks!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
