You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Just got the email! Looks like they're still sending em out!
Last initial M
Last initial M
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pleaseeeee
Congrats to those accepted!
Feb interview and last initial V...when should I stop refreshing and try to enjoy spring break😳?
On this note, has ANYONE out there with a FEB interview date been accepted?
Accepted! Email came at 4:15, last name in the middle of the alphabet!
Nothing today 🙁 I interviewed in February
Nothing today 🙁 I interviewed in February
+1
I interviewed on Feb. 14th, the second to last day. Last initial H.
+1
I interviewed on Feb. 14th, the second to last day. Last initial H.
Feb 11th still waiting

+1 February 14thFeb 11th still waiting![]()
at what n is this significant?
trying to be positive![]()
I think regardless we should find out tomorrow.
I interviewed in feb. and was accepted earlier today. Hope this helps, good luck guys!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in feb. and was accepted earlier today. Hope this helps, good luck guys!
date if you don't mind
Interviewed February 4, received the acceptance email about 15 minutes ago! Best wishes to all those still waiting!
They're probably done today. There goes my dream of being a dukie.
Accepted today at 2:36 pm by email! Interviewed in mid December. Couldn't be happier!! Can't wait to meet all of you at second look!
Accepted this morning!!!! Email marked 6:37am.
😍😍😍
I cried quite a bit yesterday, though. AHHH!
I wish i didn't read that. Yesterday was intense waiting. Then After being not accepted i was upset but eventually moved on. I'm not ready for that rollercoaster ride again.
Facebook group my friend made for those accepted. He couldn't post for some reason.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/540267476007259/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/540267476007259/
Rejected, email today at 10:07 EST. 🙁
Rejected, email today at 10:07 EST. 🙁
Post- or pre-interview?
Does Duke reject any applicants post-interview or do all interviewees who aren't accepted end up on the waitlist?
Wait listed, interviewed nov 14. Time stamp earlier than 10 am. Honored to be considered even to the wait list!
Post- or pre-interview?
Does Duke reject any applicants post-interview or do all interviewees who aren't accepted end up on the waitlist?
They reject post interview I'm pretty sure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait listed, interviewed nov 14. Time stamp earlier than 10 am. Honored to be considered even to the wait list!
+1 is the waitlist ranked or are we just kept in the dark.
+1 is the waitlist ranked or are we just kept in the dark.
I will answer my own question here. RW is really a great guy sent me an email back within 10 minutes in response to my queries. The waitlist is NOT ranked. They typically will not look at it until closer to May 15th. Also updates are ACCEPTED, so something to keep in mind.
I will answer my own question here. RW is really a great guy sent me an email back within 10 minutes in response to my queries. The waitlist is NOT ranked. They typically will not look at it until closer to May 15th. Also updates are ACCEPTED, so something to keep in mind.
Thanks for getting all that figured out PKAguy.
Post- or pre-interview?
Does Duke reject any applicants post-interview or do all interviewees who aren't accepted end up on the waitlist?
My rejection was post-interview (interviewed in February).
Thanks for getting all that figured out PKAguy.
No problem goosewing! I figured they were questions we ALL had!
I will answer my own question here. RW is really a great guy sent me an email back within 10 minutes in response to my queries. The waitlist is NOT ranked. They typically will not look at it until closer to May 15th. Also updates are ACCEPTED, so something to keep in mind.
Wow, really awesome you shared this. I feel like most premeds I know are so cutthroat - very honorable dude! Hoping we both get off that wait list!
Wow, really awesome you shared this. I feel like most premeds I know are so cutthroat - very honorable dude! Hoping we both get off that wait list!
Lol naw I think competition is useful in creating better physicians for our future patients but not to slight others out of opportunities haha. Also I believe we should address the updaqtes to RW directly. That is what his email said, I think I left that out. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those accepted very exciting!
Just an FYI to wailistees, I sent an update just now with basically all activities/accomplishments since August, and within 10 seconds RW sent back a thank you!
Accepted this morning at 8:06AM! Who else is planning on going to 2nd look??
What are the dates for second look?
What are the dates for second look?
April 5-7
April 5-7
Thanks! Was this in an email somewhere? Must have missed it!
Thanks! Was this in an email somewhere? Must have missed it!
Nah one of the students told me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a phone call from Mr/Dr Yee from admissions, confirming that they're shooting for the first weekend of April for 2nd look.Thanks! Was this in an email somewhere? Must have missed it!
Waitlisted at 9:50 am this morning. I seem to have a talent for this (7 interviews, 4 waitlists, 3 haven't heard back from).
Everytime I get an email from RDubs, my facial muscles just involuntarily pulls into an awww face.
Can I pick schools based on their admissions deans?!
Can I pick schools based on their admissions deans?!
Everytime I get an email from RDubs, my facial muscles just involuntarily pulls into an awww face.
Can I pick schools based on their admissions deans?!
Right?! Lol it doesn't get any better!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
