You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Duke University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Accepted. Last name starts with P. Good luck everyone.
Accepted. Last name starts with P. Good luck everyone.
Did you get a call or email??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you guys wanna start a Facebook group, inbox me and we can get one going.
Wow that's quite a jump from C to P. Maybe they have multiple people working on different parts of the alphabet?
Question, is this for all interviews thus far? I feel like I read somewhere that this date was for interviews through December... Are Jan and Feb interviewees included?
I believe January and February are included. IsjuAC appears to have interviewed in January and was accepted.
Things might not be proceeding by last names this year.
Question, is this for all interviews thus far? I feel like I read somewhere that this date was for interviews through December... Are Jan and Feb interviewees included?
I got an email and phone call this morning and I interviewed mid-January, so it's not just through December. Also, FWIW, the acceptance letter didn't seem all that personalized...? Hang in there everyone, Dr. Armstrong definitely relayed that the emails will be going out for awhile.
Also, I applied for PCLT and just realized the acceptance didn't say anything about that. Anyone get accepted for PCLT?
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
ACCEPTED!! whooooo hoooooooo
Last Name: C
Email sent: 11:11 (granted my wish!)
I'M SO EXCITED!!!
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Congrats!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!! whooooo hoooooooo
Last Name: C
Email sent: 11:11 (granted my wish!)
I'M SO EXCITED!!!
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Yay! congrats!
I got a call from dr. Armstrong.
YAY CHEEZHEAD I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
so there is no method to this madness. dr. armstrong (et al) must've seen the SDN alphabetical rumors and randomized them. patience, everyone.
Seems like it. We could do a chi square analysis to check, lol.
Yay cheezhead!!!
Got the call!!!! My top choice!!!!!!!!Praise the Lord!!!!! Can't believe this is real!!!!!!!!!!
Accepted! Received the email at 11:41 AM. The process is NOT going by last name this year everyone, just hang tight.
Last edited:
Accepted! Received the email at 11:41 AM. The process is NOT going by last name this year everyone, just hang tight.
Congrats!
Quick question then to everyone. Everyone will heard today correct? Regardless of acceptance, waitlist or rejection?
Accepted! Received the email at 11:41 AM. The process is NOT going by last name this year everyone, just hang tight.
Yay yay yay! Congrats
Congrats!
Quick question then to everyone. Everyone will heard today correct? Regardless of acceptance, waitlist or rejection?
I don't think so. I think waitlist and rejections are tomorrow morning, but I'm not positive.
congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!!! when will they get to the end of the alphabet.........😴
anyone cycling between duke, harvard, email, portal 1, portal 2, and facebook right now? #OCD
wonder what's going on in that office this morning....they're probably like accept, coffee break, accept, lunch, accept, afternoon tea, press the button at 5pm that releases the other 197 acceptances![]()
hahaha, wangers, you and me both. i have all the same tabs open in my browser!
.
Last edited:
it's quiet...
toooo quiet...
😕
lunch break?
that was my guess
Congratulations, acceptees! Did your portal change by any chance? You could save me the stress of checking every 10 min.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations, acceptees! Did your portal change by any chance? You could save me the stress of checking every 10 min.
Nope, no portal change
Congratulations, acceptees! Did your portal change by any chance? You could save me the stress of checking every 10 min.
Nope it didn't.
.
Last edited:
Accepted! Received the email at 11:41 AM. The process is NOT going by last name this year everyone, just hang tight.
Congrats KDizzle!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/easy-auto-refresh/aabcgdmkeabbnleenpncegpcngjpnjkc?hl=en
This may be of help to all of you out there! Makes it easier for me, too!
This may be of help to all of you out there! Makes it easier for me, too!
😴
Edit: it's almost 2:15, no decisions for 2.5 hours? Don't tell me they released them all this morning 🙁
I got a PM from someone last name F who got in at 10am and his/her friend last name S who got in before that...not to make everyone go crazier, but I guess that means there's no method to the madness. Maybe they'll start to pick up again soon...
+1
2:40 and no more decisions?
just got the email for duke. didn't get a call.
Did anyone else's heart melt by the acceptance email? Aww. RW....
.
Last edited:
J
Did anyone else's heart melt by the acceptance email? Aww. RW....
Yes. RW might be my favorite person ever to exist right now.
Almost 3:30 EST. Losing hope 🙁
RW and Dr. Armstrong sold me hard on this school. They're fantastic. Literally came to tears with each of their talks on interview day.
RW even referenced something I talked to him about on my interview day in my email. Wow.
RW even referenced something I talked to him about on my interview day in my email. Wow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know is the waitlist ranked/ do they divulge that info. Not that you can expect much movement at Duke! Congrats to all accepted!
Almost 3:30 EST. Losing hope 🙁
me too
Duke was my top choice... I feel pretty low
Does anyone know if they said by what time today the decisions would be out? The wait is driving me crazy.
Yeah, I guess the day is over. But who knows... it ain't over until it's over!! But in the case, I didn't make it, still CONGRATS to the new Duke med school students!!! Given how long this process was, I have to have respect for those who made to acceptance stage.
You guys must be pretty amazing and I hope y'all end up loving it!!
You guys must be pretty amazing and I hope y'all end up loving it!!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K