-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 East Tennessee State (Quillen) Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Don't give up hope. Quillen prides themselves on a holistic evaluation process and mcat is only one small part of it. As long as your score is devastatingly low you should be okay.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't give up hope. Quillen prides themselves on a holistic evaluation process and mcat is only one small part of it. As long as your score is devastatingly low you should be okay.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Well here's hoping! Got the complete email today.
So, is the admissions committee still on the schedule of meeting during the last week of every month? I'd love to get an early-ish interview here for November or December... *dreamy look*
So, is the admissions committee still on the schedule of meeting during the last week of every month? I'd love to get an early-ish interview here for November or December... *dreamy look*
I was told they met on, or around, the 24th of each month and the next meeting will be this month, basically to figure out the early decision applicants' statuses
They meet on the 26th of this month
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Yea sorry bout that, had the 24th in my head cause I have an exam that day.
Fwiw, I interviewed yesterday and they told us the next meeting would be on the 24th.
Hahaha, I'm laughing out loud at the last few posts. Let's just rest assured it'll happen that week. 🙂
Awesome! That's great they told me the 26th at my interview. I'd prefer they do it earlier anyways.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
I really hope you get in during that first round, Swoop. I'm rootin' for ya!Awesome! That's great they told me the 26th at my interview. I'd prefer they do it earlier anyways.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Interview invite received today for October 4th!!! w00t!! (Stats and timeline available via my MDApps at the bottom.)
Interview invite received today for October 4th!!! w00t!! (Stats and timeline available via my MDApps at the bottom.)
That a boy Deutsch! Wish you well man!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Thanks Swoop! I hope you reel in that acceptance next week!That a boy Deutsch! Wish you well man!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite received today for October 4th!!! w00t!! (Stats and timeline available via my MDApps at the bottom.)
WOOOO HOOOOO!!! Way to go!!!
The wait is killing me. I really hope I don't get wait listed.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Thanks!WOOOO HOOOOO!!! Way to go!!!
I hope not, too! We're rooting for ya.The wait is killing me. I really hope I don't get wait listed.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Everyone send good vibes out. The first batch of admissions will be decided upon tomorrow!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
*Cue suspensful Shyamalan music with a background of low-toned "Swoop....Swoop....Swoop" chanting*Everyone send good vibes out. The first batch of admissions will be decided upon tomorrow!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
*Cue suspensful Shyamalan music with a background of low-toned "Swoop....Swoop....Swoop" chanting*
Hahaha... I'm gonna be doing that inn my head all day now... I'll probably get less than two hours of sleep tonight...
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Hahaha... I'm gonna be doing that inn my head all day now... I'll probably get less than two hours of sleep tonight...
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Right there with ya Swoop. Got almost no sleep last night. Hate that even though they decide, they can't say what the decision is until October 15th
I thought EDP applicants find out sooner than Oct 15 if they're admitted and that the 10/15 rule is only for general pool applicants...?Right there with ya Swoop. Got almost no sleep last night. Hate that even though they decide, they can't say what the decision is until October 15th
I thought EDP applicants find out sooner than Oct 15 if they're admitted and that the 10/15 rule is only for general pool applicants...?
It is, but I applied regular decision.
Oh, ok. I thought you were with Swoop in the EDP pool; my bad.It is, but I applied regular decision.
Oh, ok. I thought you were with Swoop in the EDP pool; my bad.
It's cool. After the visit, I'm pretty sure this is my top choice, so if mid-Oct rolls around and I get an acceptance letter, I'm gonna be jumpin off the walls. But for now, it's time to be nervous
I know. I'm praying to be in the first batch of acceptances, too, since they meet at the end of October. It's such an awesome, warm, and welcoming school. It reminds me of my undergrad at Belmont. Doing pre-meds at Vandy, like many of the other big schools I'm applying to, was so impersonal. But it did have some amazing resources.It's cool. After the visit, I'm pretty sure this is my top choice, so if mid-Oct rolls around and I get an acceptance letter, I'm gonna be jumpin off the walls. But for now, it's time to be nervous
Wish I would hear from this school 🙁
Hang in there!Wish I would hear from this school 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! what day?Interview invitation received today!!! ECSTATIC!!!
Hang in there!
I'm so jaded from my first app cycle, I feel like I won't hear back from any schools 🙁 I guess it's still fairly early. This time last year I had 1 interview scheduled I think. SDN tends to bring out my neuroticism 😛
Congrats! what day?
Happens to be Oct. 4!
w00t! I can't wait to meet you! Since the interview is no longer early, I'll be spending the night in Knoxville with a friend at UT's Vet school.Happens to be Oct. 4!
Well.... I won't be sleeping tonight
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Solution? 1 tab melatonin, 1 fifth Jack Daniel's or J&B. Problem solved. ;-P j/kWell.... I won't be sleeping tonight
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Everyone send good vibes out. The first batch of admissions will be decided upon tomorrow!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Oh lord, my heart just dropped into my stomach! Loved ETSU before my interview, love, love, LOVE it afterwards. Dying to get an early acceptance...
w00t! I can't wait to meet you! Since the interview is no longer early, I'll be spending the night in Knoxville with a friend at UT's Vet school.
Same to you! I am very excited. I couldn't sit down for 45 minutes after receiving the email lol. I think I may drive up from my parents' house that morning rather than spending money on a room.
Just got an email from Quillen... did I just get waitlisted? I'm super confused, I didn't think there could be any movement until 10/15??
If I did just get waitlisted... darn it!!! But I am still confused... Has anyone else who's already interviewed heard anything?
If I did just get waitlisted... darn it!!! But I am still confused... Has anyone else who's already interviewed heard anything?
What'd it say? You can get waitlisted before you get accepted. If you received the "your application has been put on hold" email, it's better than being rejected. Hang in there.Just got an email from Quillen... did I just get waitlisted? I'm super confused, I didn't think there could be any movement until 10/15??
If I did just get waitlisted... darn it!!! But I am still confused... Has anyone else who's already interviewed heard anything?
Just got an email from Quillen... did I just get waitlisted? I'm super confused, I didn't think there could be any movement until 10/15??
If I did just get waitlisted... darn it!!! But I am still confused... Has anyone else who's already interviewed heard anything?
If you interviewed already, the adcom met yesterday and if you were regular decision, you get placed on "Active Hold." You decision has already been made, but AAMC won't allow schools to send out acceptances for regular decision until October 15th. That's when they will tell you if you got in during the first batch of acceptances. I just got that email as well
What'd it say? You can get waitlisted before you get accepted. If you received the "your application has been put on hold" email, it's better than being rejected. Hang in there.
It says that I've been put in an "active holding category." Definitely happy not to get a rejection, I had just not emotionally prepared myself to hear anything this early!!
If you interviewed already, the adcom met yesterday and if you were regular decision, you get placed on "Active Hold." You decision has already been made, but AAMC won't allow schools to send out acceptances for regular decision until October 15th. That's when they will tell you if you got in during the first batch of acceptances. I just got that email as well
Ohhh, so everyone who has interviewed is in this category until 10/15? That clears it up. Thanks!!! Fingers still crossed... Good luck to you!
Word! Good luck! It's going to be a looooong few weeks! LoLIt says that I've been put in an "active holding category." Definitely happy not to get a rejection, I had just not emotionally prepared myself to hear anything this early!!
Ohhh, so everyone who has interviewed is in this category until 10/15? That clears it up. Thanks!!! Fingers still crossed... Good luck to you!
Yea, I know. I knew the email was gonna come this week that I'd be on hold, and now I'm just waiting til Oct. 15th and this hurts
Yea, I know. I knew the email was gonna come this week that I'd be on hold, and now I'm just waiting til Oct. 15th and this hurts
Truth. Glad you knew it was coming, thanks for saving me! When was your interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
September 10th, how bout you?
I still haven't heard anything... I'm going insane!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
I still haven't heard anything... I'm going insane!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
From what I remember hearing, they mail acceptances so you just gotta wait for that to come in
September 10th, how bout you?
September 11th. Hope we'll be cyber high-fiving over our admittance next month!!!
I was slightly upset by the email, so thankful for this site.
Seriously. Thank goodness for SDN!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.