2012-2013 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has been moved from the CAP, and/or if anyone knows when that might happen?

last year the first wave was on Feb 16th (if I remember correctly), where the CAP status disappeared and couple hours later turned into acceptances!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a thread or Facebook group for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the ad office today and when I told them my interview date (11/30), Stephen said I'd hear in 2.5-3 weeks.

UUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Omg stop. These are gonna be the longest 3 weeks of my life haha

I called the ad office today and when I told them my interview date (11/30), Stephen said I'd hear in 2.5-3 weeks.

UUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Ahhh I interviewed Jan 16 and am already going crazy with the waiting! Looks like it's going to be a long ride, but Georgetown is by far my #1 choice!

I interview on the 14th- guess it will be a while before I hear back!

Student hosting program worked very smoothly for me (at least arranging it!)

Interviewed today! Great experience, great program. Definitely my number one! I can't remember my interviewers name though and I wanted to send him a thank you note. Anyone know the best way to do this? I feel stupid.

i got an email saying my status changed. i interviewed on 11/16, cap'd around jan 20

im excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS! thats awesome..ive been on cap since 10/31...its been a long wait..hope it changes soon..do you guys think another update is worth it?

Got the acceptance/status update a few minutes ago.

Does anyone know how generous Georgetown is regarding financial aid (need-based mostly)? Would it be appropriate to e-mail their financial aid office and get a feel for what they offer in terms of grants, scholarships, loans?

I ask because I did like Georgetown, but have been accepted to cheaper in-state schools. If financial aid can help create some parity in terms of total cost then I would definitely consider Georgetown. Hoping to get some idea of it's worth sending in the $500 deposit or not.

did everyone that get accepted off cap get emails around the same time or are they rolling out?

Can anyone tell me what were the details into writing and sending the CAP letter??

I lost my notes that I scribbled on the booklet they gave us :(

got capped today. Interviewed 12/03

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what were the details into writing and sending the CAP letter??

I lost my notes that I scribbled on the booklet they gave us :(

got capped today. Interviewed 12/03

Thanks!

Uh oh.... I interviewed 11/30 and haven't received a decision yet. Anyone else in this boat??

I think if you read back in the thread people posted details about who to send the letter to/what to put in it!

Did you get an email?

Last edited:
Accepted off the CAP. 6:00 pm email. CAPed in early December, sent LOI after New Years. BAM.

Interviewed today! Great experience, great program. Definitely my number one! I can't remember my interviewers name though and I wanted to send him a thank you note. Anyone know the best way to do this? I feel stupid.

Just email mrs sullivan and ask for his contact information.

Only one interview this cycle, at georgetown, and got CAPd sometime in December. Want to get of the list so badly and not making it this first wave sucks. Still haven't lost hope though

Only one interview this cycle, at georgetown, and got CAPd sometime in December. Want to get of the list so badly and not making it this first wave sucks. Still haven't lost hope though

Based on previous years it seems like the first wave is pretty small. Many more will come in April or later. Don't lose hope!

Anyone else who interviewed late November/early December get a decision made yesterday??

is cap just the waitlist?

what if i was told im on a "highly competitive" waitlist?

Got the acceptance/status update a few minutes ago.

Does anyone know how generous Georgetown is regarding financial aid (need-based mostly)? Would it be appropriate to e-mail their financial aid office and get a feel for what they offer in terms of grants, scholarships, loans?

I ask because I did like Georgetown, but have been accepted to cheaper in-state schools. If financial aid can help create some parity in terms of total cost then I would definitely consider Georgetown. Hoping to get some idea of it's worth sending in the $500 deposit or not.

^shameless self bump :rolleyes:

^shameless self bump :rolleyes:

I wouldn't expect much. Average indebtedness is preposterously high, and Georgetown University only started seriously starting building an endowment in the past decade.

Would it be beneficial if I sent in a second LOI? I was CAP'ed in late December and sent my first LOI shortly after on Dec. 30th or around that time.

Would it be beneficial if I sent in a second LOI? I was CAP'ed in late December and sent my first LOI shortly after on Dec. 30th or around that time.

I faintly remember hearing something about 1 per month and no more than that.... but I may be mixing it up with another school.

Does anyone know the time frame of when decisions are made after interviews? When did people receive CAP notifications and such?

Yup. It's been 10 weeks for me and still nada, so probably on the longer side.

Well if your 10 weeks includes Xmas/new years, I'd figure you'd have to add a bit more time. Also they were already running behind schedule before that.... I got my initial decision about 3 weeks after they told us on my interview day. Just hang in there!

Well if your 10 weeks includes Xmas/new years, I'd figure you'd have to add a bit more time. Also they were already running behind schedule before that.... I got my initial decision about 3 weeks after they told us on my interview day. Just hang in there!

Yeah I know, I just feel like it was forever ago! And I love love loved it here so that makes it even harder to wait. I'm really hoping the adcom met today! And thanks :)

i know someone from early december that heard back this week...i think you were asking earlier.

Really?? I wonder why I haven't heard anything!! Hmmm... interesting. What was their decision?

I'm confused...for those who got accepted, it says we have to respond to the offer by filling out the form asking for white coat size and emergency info etc. The instructions on the form say "You must submit a five-hundred dollar ($500) deposit by June 1 or the date noted on your acceptance letter, whichever is later. This is refundable if you withdraw your acceptance to Georgetown prior to June 1."

But the form requires you to submit the $500 deposit when responding to the acceptance, but based on the statement above it seems like we can delay it to June 1, but I don't think we can submit the form without the deposit...

Hopefully next week for me!

EDIT: So my impatience got the best of me and I ended up calling. They said I won't hear from then for at least 3 weeks... really hoping that's wrong for some reason! :/

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for our entering class yet? I got accepted off CAP on tuesday and am soo excited! can't wait to attend in the fall.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for our entering class yet? I got accepted off CAP on tuesday and am soo excited! can't wait to attend in the fall.

Congrats! I haven't seen a Facebook group yet, but I just recently got an email about joining their school-specific social network (I was accepted in October). I'm assuming you'll get something about it soon as well.

Hopefully next week for me!

EDIT: So my impatience got the best of me and I ended up calling. They said I won't hear from then for at least 3 weeks... really hoping that's wrong for some reason! :/

Do you know if they actually looked up your file in the phone? When I called them before my decision they said like 2 more weeks also but I definitely got the feeling that they were just telling everyone who called that. Soooo frustrating that they take so long.

For anyone on the CAP list, including those that got off already, did any of you guys send in a grades update for this past fall?

No I did not, and I have recently been accepted off cap. That doesn't mean you shouldn't if you had some stellar grades, but if your grades are below your cgpa I don't seeing the point in saying them.

Does anyone know when the second look day would be? Wasn't in my acceptance letter, and it's between Gtown and 1 other school for me so I hope their second looks aren't the same day!

Do any of the current students know when the new lecture hall will be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.