-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Hofstra University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Did you get an email or just updated online?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea thats weird cause online it shows that my secondary app package is complete and "Your application is ready!" back on 7/10 but I never got any email.
It happens... Perhaps it was because they wanted to remind me about updates and when they expect them. I am in an SMP.
For the second question on the secondary..what counts as an interruption? I did my bachelors in 4 yrs and than I worked for a year and than enrolled in a masters program..that's not called an interruption within my education, right. For the third question, what do you all think its asking for? Its kinda vague..
For the second question on the secondary..what counts as an interruption? I did my bachelors in 4 yrs and than I worked for a year and than enrolled in a masters program..that's not called an interruption within my education, right. For the third question, what do you all think its asking for? Its kinda vague..
there was a year gap in your education. i would count that as an interruption and use the space to say something beneficial that happened towards your application/experience/knowledge during that time.
For the second question on the secondary..what counts as an interruption? I did my bachelors in 4 yrs and than I worked for a year and than enrolled in a masters program..that's not called an interruption within my education, right. For the third question, what do you all think its asking for? Its kinda vague..
There was a year where you were not enrolled in classes. That's an interruption and I'd use the description there to talk about it.
For the second question on the secondary..what counts as an interruption? I did my bachelors in 4 yrs and than I worked for a year and than enrolled in a masters program..that's not called an interruption within my education, right. For the third question, what do you all think its asking for? Its kinda vague..
Interruption usually means a stoppage in the main line of education. Like you took a year off during UG. However you can always use it as an opportunity to tell them more about you
do you guys think I should include traffic tickets/ other tickets from The Department of Motor Vehicles in convictions?
thanks!!
Negative. If I did that, I wouldn't get in to medical school! Some applications even say "excluding traffic violations." Obviously if the traffic ticket included an "under the influence" tag or something like that, then you have to list it.
Is anyone else unable to get to the app status portal?
Is anyone else unable to get to the app status portal?
The link they sent to their secondary has been finicky. Solutions have been to either delete the space that appears at the end of the address or delete the "https://" at the beginning.
So questions 2/3 sound pretty much the same if you are a non-trad who went back for a post-bacc?
Just noticed this was at the bottom of the school specific threads... what gives!
Get excited people!
Anyone else visit the campus? Impressions?
I'm excited but there's a been a severe lack of updates...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm excited but there's a been a severe lack of updates...
lol exactly. how do y'all feel about going to a small med school? I think our class size is only going to be about 60.
Ii!!!
Sweet deal, man, congrats! I just confirmed for 10/3. This interview is the first convenient one for me since I'm in NYC. 😛 Where else you interviewing?
Congrats! Interviewing at Jefferson then Hofstra then BU and got friends in NYC which is going to work out nice. It'll be like a short vacation
Where you interviewing at?For all those who received interview invites do you mind sharing your stats and OOS or IS? Thanks!
For all those who received interview invites do you mind sharing your stats and OOS or IS? Thanks!
OOS Stats in the MDApps
Edit: complete 7/16
Last edited:
Interview invite! And OOS
32 MCAT, 3.72 cGPA.
Check my mdapps for more info
<------------------------------------------------
Quick question, what is the closest airport to Hempstead?
I have never gone to NY before, so I don't know which to choose!
I am thinking JFK, but I don't know!
32 MCAT, 3.72 cGPA.
Check my mdapps for more info
<------------------------------------------------
Quick question, what is the closest airport to Hempstead?
I have never gone to NY before, so I don't know which to choose!
I am thinking JFK, but I don't know!
Last edited:
II for me too! OOS 34P 3.5 cgpa
What's the best airport to fly into?
What's the best airport to fly into?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite!
OOS 3.04, 3.15, 30Q
Go underdogs!
congrats dude! When did you enter the review process?
congrats dude! When did you enter the review process?
I submitted to AAMC on 6/6/12
Received my secondary on 7/3/12
Submitted Secondary on 7/18/12
I frankly do not know when my application entered review.
Interview invitation today, 8/15/12
After you pick your interview date, they have this nifty little page about areas to stay and transportation.
If you plan to fly and take public transportation to Long Island, you should fly in and out of JFK Airport. From JFK, you can take the Airtran to Jamaica LIRR Station. From Jamaica Station, take the LIRR to Hempstead Station. From there, you can take a $15 cab to the hotel or SOM. Also, Hofstra University provides free shuttles to campus from the train station. A shuttle service schedule can be found on our website.
Did you guys get an email for the interview invite, or did you just check your status?
Received an email.
OOS invite! secondary submitted 7/15. I signed up for the 10/3 interview date.
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!! Hope I see some of you down the road.
It's funny because earlier today I was wondering whatever happened to Hofstra, and then BAM! Explosion of interview invites. Love it. Welcome to the party Hofstra!
It's funny because earlier today I was wondering whatever happened to Hofstra, and then BAM! Explosion of interview invites. Love it. Welcome to the party Hofstra!
OOS invite! secondary submitted 7/15. I signed up for the 10/3 interview date.
October 3rd here too!
invite too
complete first week or so.
thought i screwed up the additional essay thing by writing something to obscene, but still something meaningful, but i guess not.
OOS sorta - NYC undergrad
3.9+ 34+mcat but less than 37
handful of ecs but typical stuff nothign bizarre
complete first week or so.
thought i screwed up the additional essay thing by writing something to obscene, but still something meaningful, but i guess not.
OOS sorta - NYC undergrad
3.9+ 34+mcat but less than 37
handful of ecs but typical stuff nothign bizarre
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete 7/10 nothing yet
Complete 7/10 nothing yet either.. for some reason I haven't been hearing back from any of the schools I thought I really had a chance at, I sure as hell hope hofstra pulls through..
Don't worry, this process takes a year for a reason. Not everyone can get an acceptance in October. Besides, no seats have been taken yet. Just wait and you will get some interview invites soon.
Don't worry, this process takes a year for a reason. Not everyone can get an acceptance in October. Besides, no seats have been taken yet. Just wait and you will get some interview invites soon.
It's super hard to be patient when you see people on these threads getting invites, but don't worry. Today was only the first day of their interview invites. We still have 8 months left in the process 🙂.
Thanks guys, and congrats! 🙂
I'm getting all nervous I was stupid to not retake the MCAT and apply late with my sub-30 MCAT with everyone around here receiving interviews. Maybe I should take a break from SDN haha.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
