2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd time :O

What time did you submit your payment?

You'll find that most emails from Mayo arrive at that time, even regarding interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No LOR request... 3.90 / 3.89 , 34Q.
Paid yesterday but payment still pending. Is that a one time request or will they be doing so multiple times?

Paid yesterday but payment still pending. Is that a one time request or will they be doing so multiple times?

I paid Yesterday too. How do you know if payment is still pending? As soon as I submitted, I got a confirmation email.

No LOR here either. 33R, 3.99/4.0 and what I thought were strong EC's. guess we shouldent beat ourselves up, it is after all only the second day.

I paid Yesterday too. How do you know if payment is still pending? As soon as I submitted, I got a confirmation email.

No LOR here either. 33R, 3.99/4.0 and what I thought were strong EC's. guess we shouldent beat ourselves up, it is after all only the second day.

Paid yesterday too and no LOR request here. >36/3.9 - Its not over until we get rejected though haha

How do you know if the payment is still pending?

All I received was the e-mail receipt and a printed copy of the payment page. Is there a link or a way to check if the payment was successfully processed and linked to our application?

Last edited:
How do you know if the payment is still pending?

All I received was the e-mail receipt and a printed copy of the payment page. Is there a link or a way to check if the payment was successively processed and linked to our application?

I checked my credit card statement. And it looks like mayo hasn't processed my "purchase" yet. So I guess that qualified as one that would be still pending. Not sure it makes a difference but I imagine it would.

So how do you pay for Mayo's processing fee? Do we needto wait for their email because I could not find a link on their website.

So how do you pay for Mayo's processing fee? Do we needto wait for their email because I could not find a link on their website.

Are you not a MD/PhD student? :confused:

They e-mail you a link.

Oh ok ... Yea I am. Just freaking out cuz I wanna do a "pay only" secondary lol. Guess I just gotta wait for that email.

Oh ok ... Yea I am. Just freaking out cuz I wanna do a "pay only" secondary lol. Guess I just gotta wait for that email.

You're an MD/PhD student but you're filling out secondaries for entrance into medical school?

Yup, now it all makes sense. :rolleyes:

But, yeah, just wait for the e-mail. They're super nice if you call, so don't hesitate to if you don't get the e-mail within a few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chill guys----I can guarantee you that the person giving LOR requests has received way more apps already than they could even imagine to process for the first batch of LOR requests. If you didn't receive an LOR request, it's still very likely that your app hasn't even been reviewed yet.

No LOR request :(

everyone who hasn't gotten one yet is getting waaaay too worked up already. its only been a few days and there's no humanly possible way they could process them all by now. if you're that worried you're already thrown out, then you need to take a chill pill. its a long process.

everyone who hasn't gotten one yet is getting waaaay too worked up already. its only been a few days and there's no humanly possible way they could process them all by now. if you're that worried you're already thrown out, then you need to take a chill pill. its a long process.

Haha I'm gonna freak out anyway! WHERE IS MY LOR REQUEST DAMMIT!!!!!11!!!!

Chill guys----I can guarantee you that the person giving LOR requests has received way more apps already than they could even imagine to process for the first batch of LOR requests. If you didn't receive an LOR request, it's still very likely that your app hasn't even been reviewed yet.

What would you know, huh? What you would eve-

Wisco1
Medical Student - Class of 2015
Mayo Medical School

Oh, uh, hi. :bow:
i can haz LOR request? :luck:

Man I would love to go here... They do so much good work on multiple levels--it would be incredible to be part of the work that's done on both public and patient levels.

I'm slightly confused...what is this LOR request? If they want our LOR's can't they just pull them from AMCAS?

I'm slightly confused...what is this LOR request? If they want our LOR's can't they just pull them from AMCAS?

If Mayo sends the LOR request, it says that the decision to follow will have been made seeing your LORs and personal statement. Mayo doesn't look at your PS unless you've received the LOR request.

To answer your question, yes, they just download them from AMCAS like most schools.

If Mayo sends the LOR request, it says that the decision to follow will have been made seeing your LORs and personal statement. Mayo doesn't look at your PS unless you've received the LOR request.

To answer your question, yes, they just download them from AMCAS like most schools.

okay so nothing needs to be done when you get the lor request? also, do they send LOR requests if my committee letter isn't uploaded to amcas yet?

okay so nothing needs to be done when you get the lor request? also, do they send LOR requests if my committee letter isn't uploaded to amcas yet?

My understanding is that this request simply let's you know that your file is ready to be reviewed in full to determine if you'll be offered an interview. That would mean that your file will not be reviewed for an interview spot until the committee packet is in.

My understanding is that this request simply let's you know that your file is ready to be reviewed in full to determine if you'll be offered an interview. That would mean that your file will not be reviewed for an interview spot until the committee packet is in.

Thank you! I hope you're right.

P.s. you seem like a really strong candidate, best of luck in this cycle!

If all your letters are in will you get a letter request?

If all your letters are in will you get a letter request?

Nice avatar... :D

Its my understanding that Mayo only sends the letter request to those that they decide to further evaluate. Not everyone will get a request. Its kind of an extra hoop before an interview request.

Sooo I was reading last years thread (shows how bored I am) and they received a notification email to tell them that their AMCAS ID was matched to their payment. I don't know if those who Recieved lor requests so rapidly had FAP but I guess if we payed we should be looking out for some sort of confirmation in the near future.

And I just got the email to confirm my fee was received. Chin up fellas

I agree - I also just received and email confirming that I paid their fee and I have not received a LOR request yet. Fingers crossed!

Mayo email answered my question.

"We do not request letters of recommendation from all applicants. When letters of recommendation are needed for your file, you will be notified via email.

If your letters are already in AMCAS, there is no further action required on your part. If we wish to access the letters, we will retrieve them directly from AMCAS."

Does Mayo have a status webpage?

What letters does Mayo require? I'm going to submit on my AMCAS anyway just in case I get an LOR request.

I'm interested in this as well, does anyone here (or from last year's thread) know?

No, they e-mail you any important changes. You will always know right where you stand from these e-mails, I think I got 15 or so from start to end.

Last edited:
So once your AMCAS is verified, Mayo will automatically send you a request to pay the fee?

Yes, you'll get an email saying they have your application but it costs $100 to be read.

Buddy of mine just said he got an email asking him to verify his chem lab prereqs. He went to a school with only one semester of labs for gen chem and orgo and mayo requires a full year. He said he sent an email explaining the situation. Just a heads up for anyone who might be in the same situation.

Just got a LOR request email....I'm a non-trad with a not so great GPA and Mayo is one of my dream schools so super stoked! Weird that they send emails at 11:30pm...

Just got a LOR request email....I'm a non-trad with a not so great GPA and Mayo is one of my dream schools so super stoked! Weird that they send emails at 11:30pm...

Congrats!

Hey, for those of you who have received LOR requests, how long ago did you submit your payment? Thanks! and Congratulations!!

Sigh, still not LOR request for me. Guess I didn't make the cut :(

/depression

Can someone confirm whether you will receive a LOR request if your letters are already in, available for download? I know not everyone gets the request, but if they are interested in continuing with your application and see the letters are already available, will you still get the e-mail?

Submitted on 7/2, payment processed e-mail from Mayo arrived after the first LOR request wave. This second one though seems like it would've been it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.