2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You don't look at their wall? I feel like generally they flaunt their degrees...

Sounds like no II tonight though. Anyone know if being in limbo for weeks this early between fee received and LOR Request is death?

I'd like to know this too. My fee was received 7/9 and I haven't heard anything yet.
 
Those of you who received LOR requests and then II's, what were the dates you got the LOR request/received email and then the II? I tried to look back in the thread but it proved to be difficult to find this. Breaking Bad problems. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"insert shameless comment to boost mayo thread back towards top here"
No shame in bumping Mayo. We could just include some useful information with each shameless bump. In case anyone was curious, here are the admissions statistics:

4000 apply
800 get LOR requests
250-300 get interviews
~72 are offered acceptances (including from alternate list)
 
Those of you who received LOR requests and then II's, what were the dates you got the LOR request/received email and then the II? I tried to look back in the thread but it proved to be difficult to find this. Breaking Bad problems. 😛
I had the LOR request on 7/5 and the II on 7/21. I never received an "LOR received" email. I think the expectation is for another round of IIs to go out any day. Last year's thread also had a nice period where they were tracking applicant progress by date. We could consider reviving that.
 
No shame in bumping Mayo. We could just include some useful information with each shameless bump. In case anyone was curious, here are the admissions statistics:

4000 apply
800 get LOR requests
250-300 get interviews
~72 are offered acceptances (including from alternate list)

These are inaccurate. I don't have the numbers on hand now, but those are outdated several years.
 
These are inaccurate. I don't have the numbers on hand now, but those are outdated several years.
I think it was back a few pages but there was a consensus that the number of applicants, LORs and interviews increased a little.
 
I had the LOR request on 7/5 and the II on 7/21. I never received an "LOR received" email. I think the expectation is for another round of IIs to go out any day. Last year's thread also had a nice period where they were tracking applicant progress by date. We could consider reviving that.

I second that. Copy paste this template! Use n/a for fee stuff if you have FAP.

Fee Request:
Fee Received:
LOR Request:
LOR Received:
Interview/Rejection:


Mine:

Fee Request: n/a
Fee Received: n/a
LOR Request: 7/3 (uploaded to AMCAS 7/16)
LOR Received: 7/24
Interview/Rejection: TBD
 
Fee Request: 7/1
Fee Received: 7/3
LOR Request: 7/5
LOR Received: n/a
Interview/Rejection: 7/21

I'll also post the data from last years thread when I finish going through it in the next few days.
 
Fee Request: 7/2
Fee Received: 7/3
LOR Request: 7/9
LOR Received: 7/13
Interview/Rejection: TBD
 
I think it was back a few pages but there was a consensus that the number of applicants, LORs and interviews increased a little.

Actually, the LORs increased a lot, to the tune of nearly a 100% increase (IIRC).

Also, if people are going to revive this stat train deal, at the VERY least, it would be less cluttered if you matched the format of last year... I still don't think it's a great idea PERSONALLY, because things won't line up chronologically for people... But if it helps other people, go for it.
 
Yeah, let's keep them to one line per applicant. Here's a start compiled with previous posts and mine....


FE = fee request date, FR = fee received date, LOR = LOR date, C = Complete/LOR received date, II = interview invite date, W = waitlist date, R = rejection date, A = accepted date

thelight02: FE:n/a FR:n/a LOR:7/3 C:7/24 II: W: R: A:
081479058: FE:7/1 FR:7/3 LOR:7/5 C:n/a II:7/21 W: R: A:
imcanadaian: FE:7/2 FR:7/3 LOR:7/9 C:7/13 II: W: R: A:
collegestud2013: FE:7/2 FR:7/3 LOR:7/7 C:7/13 II: W: R: A:
 
thelight02: FE: n/a FR: n/a LOR: 7/3 C: 7/24 II: W: R: A:
081479058: FE: 7/1 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/5 C: n/a II: 7/21 W: R: A:
imcanadaian: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/9 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
collegestud2013: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/7 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
dextor2003: FE: 7/4 FR: 7/5 LOR: 7/11 C: 7/14 II: W: R: A:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thelight02: FE: n/a FR: n/a LOR: 7/3 C: 7/24 II: W: R: A:
081479058: FE: 7/1 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/5 C: n/a II: 7/21 W: R: A:
imcanadaian: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/9 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
collegestud2013: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/7 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
dextor2003: FE: 7/4 FR: 7/5 LOR: 7/11 C: 7/14 II: W: R: A:
einstein1990: FE: 7/25 FR: paid 7/25, no email confirmation LOR: 8/1 C: II: R: A:
 
thelight02: FE: n/a FR: n/a LOR: 7/3 C: 7/24 II: W: R: A:
081479058: FE: 7/1 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/5 C: n/a II: 7/21 W: R: A:
imcanadaian: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/9 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
collegestud2013: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/7 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
dextor2003: FE: 7/4 FR: 7/5 LOR: 7/11 C: 7/14 II: W: R: A:
einstein1990: FE: 7/25 FR: paid 7/25, no email confirmation LOR: 8/1 C: II: R: A:
eggs13: FE: n/a FR: 7/16 LOR: 7/26 C: 8/1 II: W: R: A:
 
No shame in bumping Mayo. We could just include some useful information with each shameless bump. In case anyone was curious, here are the admissions statistics:

4000 apply
800 get LOR requests
250-300 get interviews
~72 are offered acceptances (including from alternate list)

Where'd you get these stats from? 🙂
 
Where'd you get these stats from? 🙂
They were reposted from the first page of this year's thread. Also true that they're dated and no longer accurate 🙂. If you fish around on page 16ish, there were some more accurate numbers - I wasn't able to find them quickly but betheltim's corrections were more accurate than those numbers...
 
From the MSAR and some more recent sources:

4031 apply
~1700 get LOR requests (42% of all applicants)
365 get interviews (9.1% of all applicants, 21% of those who get LOR requests)
~90 are accepted (2.2% of all applicants, 25% of those who get II)
50 matriculate (1.2% of all applicants, 56% of accepted)
 
thelight02: FE: n/a FR: n/a LOR: 7/3 C: 7/24 II: W: R: A:
081479058: FE: 7/1 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/5 C: n/a II: 7/21 W: R: A:
imcanadaian: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/9 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
collegestud2013: FE: 7/2 FR: 7/3 LOR: 7/7 C: 7/13 II: W: R: A:
dextor2003: FE: 7/4 FR: 7/5 LOR: 7/11 C: 7/14 II: W: R: A:
einstein1990: FE: 7/25 FR: paid 7/25, no email confirmation LOR: 8/1 C: II: R: A:
eggs13: FE: n/a FR: 7/16 LOR: 7/26 C: 8/1 II: W: R: A:
premedgirl88: FE:7/12 FR:7/13 LOR:7/21 C:7/25 II: W: R: A:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1000th reply

Guaranteed admission, right? 😉

And I would bet they're pretty backed up at the moment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.