Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted !!!!! I was going to Mayo, but turned them down- hate cold weather so I'm heading South of The Border !!! I'm SO stoked !!!!!
wait what? so confused
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got accepted !!!!! I was going to Mayo, but turned them down- hate cold weather so I'm heading South of The Border !!! I'm SO stoked !!!!!
wait what? so confused
Looking at the post count, I'm guessing maybe a troll?
Quick logistical question: It appears that flying into Minneapolis is a lot cheaper than into Rochester, so is there a shuttle bus that I can take from the Minneapolis to Mayo? If someone could post the best (and cheapest) way to get to the med school, I'd really appreciate it! Also for a Monday interview, would flying in Sunday and flying out Tuesday give me enough time to get a feel for the school and city? Thanks so much!
Quick logistical question: It appears that flying into Minneapolis is a lot cheaper than into Rochester, so is there a shuttle bus that I can take from the Minneapolis to Mayo? If someone could post the best (and cheapest) way to get to the med school, I'd really appreciate it! Also for a Monday interview, would flying in Sunday and flying out Tuesday give me enough time to get a feel for the school and city? Thanks so much!
Got an invite? Congrats!👍
😍What is the next group of letters receives after 7/24?? I'm the 8/7 group...
I believe it goes 7/24, 8/1, 8/7. I would expect there to be another wave of LOR Requests soon this week as well if it keeps that about weekly trend.
I am 8/6.
I don't think 7/24 has been fully processed yet. I mean, we've seen 2 II's and 2 rejections. That's not a whole lot for how many 7/24 people are probably represented on this thread.
I'm 7/24 and still no word over here.
C: 7/6 and no news 😕
For Sparta, do you recommend calling the admissions committee or are you guys busy this week with orientation?
I am 8/6.
I am also 8/6.
I don't think 7/24 has been fully processed yet. I mean, we've seen 2 II's and 2 rejections. That's not a whole lot for how many 7/24 people are probably represented on this thread.
I'm 7/24 and still no word over here.
C: 7/6 and no news 😕
For Sparta, do you recommend calling the admissions committee or are you guys busy this week with orientation?
In no way do they have to go chronologically either. I believe it was either Wisco or Sparta that mentioned the processing of your application really ends up coming down to whose pile it ends up on. Reading into the dates too much is not helpful.

How did you get a student host, did they assign you one after you picked which interview date you wanted?I have a interview scheduled for Monday 10/1, and I'll be flying to MSP on Sunday, then taking the Go Rochester Direct shuttle from MSP to Kahler. The shuttle costs about $27 one way, while flying directly to RST would've cost me about $150 more each way plus a cab trip from the airport to my student host's apartment.
How did you get a student host, did they assign you one after you picked which interview date you wanted?
Rejected today 🙁
Best of luck to the rest of you still in the running!
Complete 7/24
DAPI, noooooooo. 🙁
Well heck. I was rooting for you! Good luck with everywhere else!
Thanks guys. I always knew Mayo was a reach so I was happy they at least took a look at my LORs.
ur MDApps is AMAZZZIN SON!
Thanks! I had a lot of free time after I graduated, but before I found a job lol
PS: because of your comment my view count is going to skyrocket today 😀

Thanks! I had a lot of free time after I graduated, but before I found a job lol
PS: because of your comment my view count is going to skyrocket today 😀
Who am I supposed to eat Pizza Rolls with in Rochester now? 🙁
And psh, I'm going to set a script to F5 your page for the next hour and outpace NickNaylor's MDApps 😉
You will kill it at your WF interview, good luck!![]()
That is one cool profile 👍
I'll find someone for you to each pizza roles with after I get off work this evening 😉 (interpret this as image pending)

... Removed via request
Sorry PreMedOrDead. The image I made for you I took down. I may work on something else for you, but I do not really have any other ideas at this point.


You can always PM it to me... I don't believe that violates TOS if that's the problem.
I tend to enjoy candlelight dinners, romantic comedies, and sunset horseback rides on the beach... oh wait, uh, admissions, Mayo, uh, yeah.
Hey guys! ... I think there will be updates in about 23 minutes...
Yeah. That's what I was getting at.
![]()
I can always rely on this thread to put a smile on my face. You guys (and girls) are awesome.
I also booked my flight yesterday. Can't wait. 🙂
Day 53: I haven't been able to sleep before 2:33 AM EST in almost two months now. Delirium is slowly settling in. Must. Achieve. Acceptance.
I do my best to be both informative and lighthearted in their respective doses.
Either way, I'm so much cooler online.
I have a theory:
It's called the Mayo test. If you receive the LOR request from Mayo, this is generally a good indicator that you will likely gain an acceptance somewhere.
Here's to hoping it's at MMS![]()

).
It means a lot that a top school at least did a double take.I really hope you are right. 🙂
I am a little late to the party.
Paid fee - 8/10
LOR Request - 8/23
So it took me 13 days to get that LOR request (lucky number 13).
Others may not think that getting that LOR request is a big deal, but for me, it is a HUGE honor. I am humbled that they were even willing to take a second look at me.It means a lot that a top school at least did a double take.
Congrats!
Your avatar, your name, your humility... I like you.
If you bring Pizza Rolls* you may have a shot at the leadership committee here in the "Come on, Mayo, give me a shot!" club. We're a highly prestigious organization that is nationally recognized by admissions committees. Can you say resume inflation?
*Note: Meetings, due to budget constraints, are now BYOPRs. Be aware that's bring your own Pizza Rolls, not Puerto Ricans (looking at you, DAPI). However, we at COMGMAS! actively seek diversity and those of Puerto Rican descent will be welcomed with open arms.
Day 53: I haven't been able to sleep before 2:33 AM EST in almost two months now. Delirium is slowly settling in. Must. Achieve. Acceptance.
Just received LOR request... does anyone know approximately what percentage of people they request LORs from get interviews? i.e. like 50% ?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.