You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Meharry Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
aye, it can be found at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/306027276189456/?fref=tsdoes anyone know if there is a Facebook group for those that have been accepted?
So what have people been hearing - any contact with admissions may give us a hint as to what is going on - feel free to let the conversation spread like wildfire.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aye, it can be found at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/306027276189456/?fref=ts
thank youuuu!!!! 😀
NP, When were you accepted? Will you be attending?thank youuuu!!!! 😀
NP, When were you accepted? Will you be attending?
I got accepted last Thursday sooooo on April 4th. && yes I will!!
.
Were you previously waitlisted or was it direct from your interview? Congrats!I got accepted last Thursday sooooo on April 4th. && yes I will!!
Were you previously waitlisted or was it direct from your interview? Congrats!
Thank you!! It was direct from my interview. I interviewed April 1st.
Oh so recently..no kidding! May I ask your stats? If you don't want to post them on the message board and PM them, that's okThank you!! It was direct from my interview. I interviewed April 1st.
Thank you!! It was direct from my interview. I interviewed April 1st.
Hey! We interviewed together! 🙂 Congrats!!!!
Oh so recently..no kidding! May I ask your stats? If you don't want to post them on the message board and PM them, that's ok
MCAT mid 20s cGPA 3.95 sGPA 4.0 OOS URM
Hey! We interviewed together! 🙂 Congrats!!!!
Heyy! Thankssss!! Did you get in!?
Last edited:
Heyy! Thankssss!! Did you get in!?
No prob! Wait listed, top 10%.
Thank you!! It was direct from my interview. I interviewed April 1st.
That's great, congratulations. Haven't seen much of that happening around here for a while! Hope to see you in a couple months, God willing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted444768
I got accepted last Thursday sooooo on April 4th. && yes I will!!
Did you get a background check before and when?
That's great, congratulations. Haven't seen much of that happening around here for a while! Hope to see you in a couple months, God willing.
Thank you! && You totally will! My interviewer told me in my interview that there is always a lot of wait-list movement so STAY POSITIVE guys!!
Did you get a background check before and when?
nooo my background check request came the next day, so April 5th.
Hey guys, so I called admissions yesterday and spoke to Ms. Davis again. She said the committee is meeting daily and as of right now going through the list of multiple accepted students and figuring out of the acceptances who is going where. After completion of this task, the committee will then go to there top 10%, and next the regular wait list. So we should be hearing from them soon!
Hey guys, so I called admissions yesterday and spoke to Ms. Davis again. She said the committee is meeting daily and as of right now going through the list of multiple accepted students and figuring out of the acceptances who is going where. After completion of this task, the committee will then go to there top 10%, and next the regular wait list. So we should be hearing from them soon!
That is good to hear!
+1 - I am really interested to know how many places are sitting there waiting for distribution...hope there is one with my name on it 🙂That is good to hear!
Hey guys, so I called admissions yesterday and spoke to Ms. Davis again. She said the committee is meeting daily and as of right now going through the list of multiple accepted students and figuring out of the acceptances who is going where. After completion of this task, the committee will then go to there top 10%, and next the regular wait list. So we should be hearing from them soon!
Thank you for the info! 🙂
So I loved Meharry. I thought it was a great school and anyone would be lucky to go there. However, I was accepted to my state school which is 1/3 the price and with no subsidized loans for graduate school, the offer seems sweeter than ever!
I really REALLY hope my spot here goes to one of you all who have been waiting patiently and eagerly. I can't wait till we are all practicing colleagues.
I really REALLY hope my spot here goes to one of you all who have been waiting patiently and eagerly. I can't wait till we are all practicing colleagues.
Thanks for letting us knowSo I loved Meharry. I thought it was a great school and anyone would be lucky to go there. However, I was accepted to my state school which is 1/3 the price and with no subsidized loans for graduate school, the offer seems sweeter than ever!
I really REALLY hope my spot here goes to one of you all who have been waiting patiently and eagerly. I can't wait till we are all practicing colleagues.
Last edited:
Just withdrew my acceptance hope it goes to someone who really wants to go there. Best of luck to all! A
Best of luck to you too. Hope our fellow waitlisters will receive good news next week.
So I loved Meharry. I thought it was a great school and anyone would be lucky to go there. However, I was accepted to my state school which is 1/3 the price and with no subsidized loans for graduate school, the offer seems sweeter than ever!
I really REALLY hope my spot here goes to one of you all who have been waiting patiently and eagerly. I can't wait till we are all practicing colleagues.
wow that's a nice state school tuition. OF the three places I interviewed, Meharry was actually the cheapest lol. Thanks for letting us know and congrats to u!
To our fellow waitlisters,
I just found some cool stuffs from previous thread. Check it out if you need to kill your waiting time....
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=818375
I just found some cool stuffs from previous thread. Check it out if you need to kill your waiting time....
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=818375
Just created one...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much!! I hope so as well!!Best of luck to you too. Hope our fellow waitlisters will receive good news next week.
The BIG day!
The BIG day!
The BIG day = no news 😡
The BIG day + 1= ...still no news yet. Refreshing email every 10 minutes but ....still have no news...😡
Can anyone comment as to what portion of anatomy is taught in the MAPS program. I thought I remember hearing lower limb but can anyone verify?
Can anyone comment as to what portion of anatomy is taught in the MAPS program. I thought I remember hearing lower limb but can anyone verify?
That's what I heard at my interview.
GUESS WHAT....?!?! ....................................NO NEWS YET lol
+1 I wonder what the hold up has been!
Can anyone comment as to what portion of anatomy is taught in the MAPS program. I thought I remember hearing lower limb but can anyone verify?
Yes, that is what was quoted in the interview.
One of my friends told me that he got accepted to Meharry on Monday from the top 10% waitlist. Looks like there's some movement.
I can't take my phone to work anymore.. All I do is refresh my mail inbox... I can't wait!!!
I don't understand why only one person heard then, the majority of the top 10% list must be on this board - If they are doing one a day I could understand that, but I really really hope they have NOT already filled all the opens spots for this moment (April 15th deadline).
My thoughts are this:
1) so far it's hearsay and since the member isn't on SDN or hasn't posted we can't confirm..
2) one of us should call Meharry tomorrow and see if there has been waitlist movement.
3) the April 15th deadline was to get part of your deposit back. The real deadline is in May. For example. Say your a student who has been accepted at Meharry, but you haven't heard from your number 1 school yet.
4) I would think as a spot becomes available they fill it..
1) so far it's hearsay and since the member isn't on SDN or hasn't posted we can't confirm..
2) one of us should call Meharry tomorrow and see if there has been waitlist movement.
3) the April 15th deadline was to get part of your deposit back. The real deadline is in May. For example. Say your a student who has been accepted at Meharry, but you haven't heard from your number 1 school yet.
4) I would think as a spot becomes available they fill it..
Yeah, we saw a couple people on SDN alone drop out - I called Monday but Ms. Davis said they are in the process and she didn't hear about my file. I am a bit concerned about calling back again because I am trying to avoid ticking them off - there is a fine balance between being passionate and showing interest and smothering lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am on the same page.. I called last Monday! That's why I said "one of us" meaning top 10% peeps lol!
I plan on waking up to a message in my inbox telling me I am accepted 🙂 - But I agree that someone should call to find out the deal and then post on SDN.
Could use a nice Ativan right about now lol. Soooo anxious. Don't even think writing another LOI would do any good. Legit feel like I ran out of things to say! Wish I could at least know what they are up to so I can at least plan ahead. Waiting is clearly not one of my hobbies lol
Ativan? I am about to need haloperidol haha. I really doubt "this" is "it" - they are likely going to be sending out acceptance emails over the next couple days. Only one person getting off the list and that person wasn't even on SDN? More than 5 top 10% list people are here easy...Could use a nice Ativan right about now lol. Soooo anxious. Don't even think writing another LOI would do any good. Legit feel like I ran out of things to say! Wish I could at least know what they are up to so I can at least plan ahead. Waiting is clearly not one of my hobbies lol
I am on the same page.. I called last Monday! That's why I said "one of us" meaning top 10% peeps lol!
Ativan? I am about to need haloperidol haha. I really doubt "this" is "it" - they are likely going to be sending out acceptance emails over the next couple days. Only one person getting off the list and that person wasn't even on SDN? More than 5 top 10% list people are here easy...
Haha! So glad only one pt on the unit tonight. Can't concentrate at all... Glad to see you all hanging in there. We really do need positive thoughts this early in the game. Anyways tomorrow is another day... Hope one of us will bring back some good news!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.