-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there an Adcom meeting in April?
Is there an Adcom meeting in April?
I'm not sure about April. I know they are meeting on March 20th. I called Ms. Jackson a couple of weeks ago and she said "everyone will know their status (accepted, rejected or wait listed) by April 15th."
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info!I'm not sure about April. I know they are meeting on March 20th. I called Ms. Jackson a couple of weeks ago and she said "everyone will know their status (accepted, rejected or wait listed) by April 15th."
Hope this helps.
Match Results for Mercer University Class of 2013
The class did amazing. Best of luck to all of you applying.
Match List
Anesthesiology
Emory University
MUSC
Duke University
PM&R
Albany Medical Center
Pediatrics
Madigan Army
NYMC Westchester
Carolinas Medical Center
Wake Forest University
Georgetown
Univ of Florida X 2
Univ of South Florida X 2
Medical Center of Central Georgia (Mercer Macon) X 2
Univ of Texas Houston
Orlando Health
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
Greenville Hosp Sys – USC
Palmetto Health – USC
Radiation Oncology
Wake Forest University with prelim at Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
Medical University of South Carolina with prelim medicine at Medical Center of Central GA (Mercer Macon)
Neurosurgery
Virginia Commonwealth University
Dermatology
University of Mississippi with transitional year at Baptist Health Sys
Medical College of Georgia with prelim medicine year at Medical Center of Central Georgia (Mercer Macon)
Ophthalmology
Temple University with medicine prelim at Temple
Internal Medicine
New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell
George Washington University
Emory University – Primary Care Track
Emory University
Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN
Greenville Hospital Sys – USC X 2
UAB
York Hospital
Tulane University
Univ of TN Memphis
MUSC
Wake Forest University X 2
Wake Forest University – Primary Care Track
University of Illinois
Memorial Health Univ Med (Mercer Savannah)
Walter Reed (Military)
Child Neurology
UTSW
General Surgery
Univ of Mississippi
Greenville Hosp Sys – USC
University of Utah
Ortho
Atlanta Medical Center X 2
MCG
Palmetto Health – USC
University of Florida
University of TN Memphis X 2
Urology
Virginia Commonwealth University
Indiana University
Med-Peds
University of Mississippi
Medical College of Wisconsin
University of TN – Memphis
ENT
University of South Florida
MCG
Emergency Medicine
Palmetto Health – USC
University of Alabama
West Virginia University
SUNY Stonybrooke
Radiology
Wake Forest Baptist with prelim med at George Washington Univ
Eastern Virginia Medical Center with prelim med at Eastern Virginia Medical Ctr
Memorial Health Univ (Mercer Savannah) with prelim med there also
Univ of Texas Health Science Center with prelim med there also
Virginia Commonwealth University with medicine prelim at Memorial Health Univ Med Ctr (Mercer Savannah)
Boston University with transitional year at Trident Medical Center
Neurology
Virginia Commonwealth University with medicine prelim at Virginia Commonwealth University
OB/GYN
Memorial Health Univ Med (Mercer Savannah)
University of TN in Knoxville
Washington Hospital Center, DC
Wake Forest University
Family Medicine
Emory University
Mcleod Regional Medical Center
The class did amazing. Best of luck to all of you applying.
Match List
Anesthesiology
Emory University
MUSC
Duke University
PM&R
Albany Medical Center
Pediatrics
Madigan Army
NYMC Westchester
Carolinas Medical Center
Wake Forest University
Georgetown
Univ of Florida X 2
Univ of South Florida X 2
Medical Center of Central Georgia (Mercer Macon) X 2
Univ of Texas Houston
Orlando Health
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
Greenville Hosp Sys – USC
Palmetto Health – USC
Radiation Oncology
Wake Forest University with prelim at Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
Medical University of South Carolina with prelim medicine at Medical Center of Central GA (Mercer Macon)
Neurosurgery
Virginia Commonwealth University
Dermatology
University of Mississippi with transitional year at Baptist Health Sys
Medical College of Georgia with prelim medicine year at Medical Center of Central Georgia (Mercer Macon)
Ophthalmology
Temple University with medicine prelim at Temple
Internal Medicine
New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell
George Washington University
Emory University – Primary Care Track
Emory University
Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN
Greenville Hospital Sys – USC X 2
UAB
York Hospital
Tulane University
Univ of TN Memphis
MUSC
Wake Forest University X 2
Wake Forest University – Primary Care Track
University of Illinois
Memorial Health Univ Med (Mercer Savannah)
Walter Reed (Military)
Child Neurology
UTSW
General Surgery
Univ of Mississippi
Greenville Hosp Sys – USC
University of Utah
Ortho
Atlanta Medical Center X 2
MCG
Palmetto Health – USC
University of Florida
University of TN Memphis X 2
Urology
Virginia Commonwealth University
Indiana University
Med-Peds
University of Mississippi
Medical College of Wisconsin
University of TN – Memphis
ENT
University of South Florida
MCG
Emergency Medicine
Palmetto Health – USC
University of Alabama
West Virginia University
SUNY Stonybrooke
Radiology
Wake Forest Baptist with prelim med at George Washington Univ
Eastern Virginia Medical Center with prelim med at Eastern Virginia Medical Ctr
Memorial Health Univ (Mercer Savannah) with prelim med there also
Univ of Texas Health Science Center with prelim med there also
Virginia Commonwealth University with medicine prelim at Memorial Health Univ Med Ctr (Mercer Savannah)
Boston University with transitional year at Trident Medical Center
Neurology
Virginia Commonwealth University with medicine prelim at Virginia Commonwealth University
OB/GYN
Memorial Health Univ Med (Mercer Savannah)
University of TN in Knoxville
Washington Hospital Center, DC
Wake Forest University
Family Medicine
Emory University
Mcleod Regional Medical Center
Last edited:
Incredible year for the school. 😍 at those Ortho and Derm spots
Great year for mercer. 🙂
Yes it is impressive, about 1/3 of the class got into competitive residencies.
What that list doesn't tell you is that many of the Internal Medicine and Pediatric matches, the students.. Ahem.. Are not going to be pursuing a fellowship. Ever. There's a reason why but its a secret.
Had to let that out. But again Congrats to everyone.Anyone know if the admissions committee is meeting today? And how many spots they have left?
The Facebook group has 64 members.... I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting on this meeting.
The Facebook group has 64 members.... I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting on this meeting.
I don't think that is a good indicator of the number of spots left. A lot of the people in the group are current 1st and 2nd years at Mercer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing hereHas anyone heard anything today? Or does anyone know when the next meeting will be? I'm guessing that one will determine the waitlist and final acceptances.
I haven't heard anything either. Maybe they haven't called everyone yet since it was the last meeting.
I haven't heard anything either did anyone??? It's been so hard just waiting and not knowing anything. Hope there are some spots left...Good luck to everyone!!!!!
I haven't heard either. My phone stopped working a little while ago. What a day for that to happen? I was interviewed since the feb adcom meeting. I can't handle the wait! Not being able to be reached by phone isn't helping. Will they email too?
Some of us interviewed in November and are still waiting & hoping... 🙁 I think all acceptance decisions are made via phone.
Some of us interviewed in November and are still waiting & hoping... 🙁 I think all acceptance decisions are made via phone.
I'm in the same boat. It's been a really rough few months of waiting.
i interviewed early december and am still hangin on, hoping to get that call. its not looking too good at this point though....however, one of the guys who gave us our tour said he got a call end of may.....although not the ideal timing, i guess that means anythings possible!
I interviewed in February and my understanding from the interview was that since this was the last meeting of the adcom we would receive a call (on the 20th or the 21st) regardless of whether the outcome was "accepted", "rejected", or "wait list". Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I've emailed the admissions office and I haven't heard anything back yet. If I get word back from them before anyone responds here I will forward their response.
I interviewed in February and my understanding from the interview was that since this was the last meeting of the adcom we would receive a call (on the 20th or the 21st) regardless of whether the outcome was "accepted", "rejected", or "wait list". Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I've emailed the admissions office and I haven't heard anything back yet. If I get word back from them before anyone responds here I will forward their response.
Thanks for the information. Please let us know if they email you back! I did not receive a call on the 20th or 21st, but someone had posted on here earlier that they would let us know by April 15th (accepted, rejected, or waitlisted). So, maybe there is another meeting in April? Hopefully we all hear something soon!! Good luck everyone!
I interviewed mid-November. Does anyone know how many students typically get in around this time, late in the cycle?
At my interview they said there were about 20 spots left to fill (they did not specify which campuses these spots were at or even if the spots were necessarily campus-specific).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone on here is named Kirsten, my pops received a phone call from the admissions committee saying you're accepted. Wrong number ^ 2
I'm not Kristen, but do you know when your dad received the call?
I just spoke with Leslie in admissions. She said all acceptance calls should have been made the day after the committee met. Everyone will get a status update the first week of April. Maybe there's still hope on the waiting list! Congrats to everyone accepted!
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that I've got an email back from the admissions office saying that the committee met this month and the accepted applicants have been contacted already. She also said that everyone will be notified by April 1st whether you've been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted...so I guess we all just have to wait a little more 🙁 I'm praying and hoping for a miracle and I wish everyone the best of luck!!!
Well I dunno if everyone has had their calls but I did find out that I didn't make it 🙁. I could end up on the waitlist but won't know until next week or week after. Good luck to the rest of you though! I'll be cheering from the sidelines.
They called you and told you that? That must had been a rough conversation.
They called you and told you that? That must had been a rough conversation.
I called and got through to someone and had them check. My assumption is that if you didn't get a phone call then you could be waitlisted or rejected. I don't know for 100% certain so don't quote me lol.
I heard we will get an email on Tuesday.
I heard we will get an email on Tuesday.
Who'd you hear that from?
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that I've got an email back from the admissions office saying that the committee met this month and the accepted applicants have been contacted already. She also said that everyone will be notified by April 1st whether you've been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted...so I guess we all just have to wait a little more 🙁 I'm praying and hoping for a miracle and I wish everyone the best of luck!!!
Anyone hear anything today? Yesterday? 🙁

Anyone hear anything today? Yesterday? 🙁![]()
Haven't heard anything here yet either....so much waiting.

Well someone I know did get an email today saying they were on the waitlist. I think if we haven't gotten an email it means we didn't get in.
I'm confused because I got waitlisted at MCG last year but rejected from Mercer last year. I improved my mcat score by 5 points and then got waitlisted this year at MCG again and I guess rejected by Mercer again. I'm just surprised that Mercer would reject me with an MCAT score that's 5 points higher than what was good enough to get me on MCG's waitlist last year since Mercer's avg. MCAT score is less than MCG's. I suspect that it has something to do with not having volunteer work associated with a church. I was raised in a secular household and we never went to church. If that's the case then I'm really disappointed with them because a.) that's not really my fault and b.) medicine is science and it shouldn't matter.
Maybe it's because they don't think I'm "Georgia" enough. My dad was in the Air Force so I don't really have a southern accent...even though every single member of my family lives in Georgia.
Those are the only reasons I can think of that MCG would want me but not Mercer, but I really hope it's not one of those reasons.
Do you guys mind sharing stats?
I'm confused because I got waitlisted at MCG last year but rejected from Mercer last year. I improved my mcat score by 5 points and then got waitlisted this year at MCG again and I guess rejected by Mercer again. I'm just surprised that Mercer would reject me with an MCAT score that's 5 points higher than what was good enough to get me on MCG's waitlist last year since Mercer's avg. MCAT score is less than MCG's. I suspect that it has something to do with not having volunteer work associated with a church. I was raised in a secular household and we never went to church. If that's the case then I'm really disappointed with them because a.) that's not really my fault and b.) medicine is science and it shouldn't matter.
Maybe it's because they don't think I'm "Georgia" enough. My dad was in the Air Force so I don't really have a southern accent...even though every single member of my family lives in Georgia.
Those are the only reasons I can think of that MCG would want me but not Mercer, but I really hope it's not one of those reasons.
Do you guys mind sharing stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted as well
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K