You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Oakland University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Does OUWB re-review applicants every week from the earlier months who interviewed but have not been accepted or denied? It seems they only review the applicants that interviewed that week.
If they can't decide they say they review your application every time the adcom meets until they come to a decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man, congrats for those accepted!!! My II is 1/18. So excited!!! I hope they don't give out all of the acceptances by then! Btw, does anyone have any tip/advice/comment about interview day? Do we need to bring a portfolio, is the breakfast they serve hot or cold? It's prob too early for me to worry about it.. But I <3 OUWB!!!
Oh man, congrats for those accepted!!! My II is 1/18. So excited!!! I hope they don't give out all of the acceptances by then! Btw, does anyone have any tip/advice/comment about interview day? Do we need to bring a portfolio, is the breakfast they serve hot or cold? It's prob too early for me to worry about it.. But I <3 OUWB!!!
If you don't mind, when were u complete? Just wondering where they may be at on the screening for interview invites process. Complete 9/17 and still nothing
Was complete around early October by status ck I think. I dunno exactly when because I didn't get a complete email.
Oh man, congrats for those accepted!!! My II is 1/18. So excited!!! I hope they don't give out all of the acceptances by then! Btw, does anyone have any tip/advice/comment about interview day? Do we need to bring a portfolio, is the breakfast they serve hot or cold? It's prob too early for me to worry about it.. But I <3 OUWB!!!
You probably don't need a portfolio. I brought one and only rarely used it (they give you an OUWB folder with a notepad in it and a pen). The breakfast was a "cold" breakfast. I was too nervous to eat much anyway haha. But once everything got going the day was really relaxing and enjoyable.
My advice would be to try and ease your nerves because they just want to get to know you and they want you to do well. Just know your application well, be ready to explain what you can offer the school, and explain why you want to be physician (the usual stuff).
Enjoy your interview day!
Last edited:
Oh man, congrats for those accepted!!! My II is 1/18. So excited!!! I hope they don't give out all of the acceptances by then! Btw, does anyone have any tip/advice/comment about interview day? Do we need to bring a portfolio, is the breakfast they serve hot or cold? It's prob too early for me to worry about it.. But I <3 OUWB!!!
I'll be interviewing the same day! 🙂 I can't wait either!
Whew! I'm glad it's relaxed interview! can't wait to see you Mdtichen 🙂
Rejected via email...IS 3.97 29Q..finally got a response! Goodluck to everyone 🙂
Rejected 3.9, 38 O, IS
Anyone know if there is a student host program?
Yes, there is! They usually have someone contact you about the student host the week of or before the interview. If you haven't heard anything, I would maybe contact Amanda Xi. She is an MS2, and probably not involved in the student host program, but she is always really helpful and can perhaps get you in touch with the right people.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, there is! They usually have someone contact you about the student host the week of or before the interview. If you haven't heard anything, I would maybe contact Amanda Xi. She is an MS2, and probably not involved in the student host program, but she is always really helpful and can perhaps get you in touch with the right people.
Thanks for the info! My interview is still a month away so maybe ill wait and see if I get anything after the break.
I'm OOS, uGPA 3.71, MCAT 26S, currently doing masters in biomedical sciences at a medical school...should i even bother with the supplement? or is it just a waste of time/money? any input would be appreciated!
I'm OOS, uGPA 3.71, MCAT 26S, currently doing masters in biomedical sciences at a medical school...should i even bother with the supplement? or is it just a waste of time/money? any input would be appreciated!
Submitting secondaries for this cycle? Your mcat is really low, coupled with an extremely late application seems like it'll just be a waste of money for you.
Submitting secondaries for this cycle? Your mcat is really low, coupled with an extremely late application seems like it'll just be a waste of money for you.
+1. If you want to go MD I would retake the MCAT and reapply next cycle.
Submitted my secondary in August, just received in interview!
Does anyone know if interviewing in January/ February or beyond puts applicants at a disadvantage (i.e. are we just interviewing for waitlist spots)?
Good luck to everyone tomorrow, here's to hoping to hear some good news!!!
+1 good luck to everyone today, hopefully they'll make some calls! But I doubt i'll hear anything because I only interviewed a couple weeks ago.
+1 good luck to everyone today, hopefully they'll make some calls! But I doubt i'll hear anything because I only interviewed a couple weeks ago.
nBeeDee they can have a pretty fast turnaround. I received my acceptance just a week after my interview date. Good luck everyone!
nBeeDee they can have a pretty fast turnaround. I received my acceptance just a week after my interview date. Good luck everyone!
Wow that's awesome, congrats! I can always hope for some holiday magic right?
Wow that's awesome, congrats! I can always hope for some holiday magic right?
Hear, hear!
Just got accepted and will be attending!!
Just got accepted and will be attending!!
Congrats! I remember seeing you a lot in the DO forums, and now we may very well be classmates!
Congrats! I remember seeing you a lot in the DO forums, and now we may very well be classmates!
That's awesome! I can't wait!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted and will be attending!!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing the date you interviewed?
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing the date you interviewed?
Interviewed 11/16. Thank you!
Just got accepted and will be attending!!
Congrats!
Also for anyone else interested, they made a few updates on the admissions twitter about the specific interview dates reviewed yesterday https://twitter.com/OUWBAdmissions
Just got accepted and will be attending!!
Congrats!
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Thanks everyone!
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?Wow I can't believe I got an interview with my stats
Submitting secondaries for this cycle? Your mcat is really low, coupled with an extremely late application seems like it'll just be a waste of money for you.
Thanks for your help....do you think that would have been an okay MCAT if I applied earlier in the cycle?
Thanks for your help....do you think that would have been an okay MCAT if I applied earlier in the cycle?
Probably not. I would retake if you want to be competitive among MD schools.
Thanks for your help....do you think that would have been an okay MCAT if I applied earlier in the cycle?
Unfortunately I do not think so. Your gpa is very good. You just need to bump up your mcat score, shoot for a 32+ I think you would be a shoo in for good schools then. I'm no adcom member so this is only my advice as a fellow Pre-med.
Unfortunately I do not think so. Your gpa is very good. You just need to bump up your mcat score, shoot for a 32+ I think you would be a shoo in for good schools then. I'm no adcom member so this is only my advice as a fellow Pre-med.
I agree. Definitely retake for MD
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
Sure! 3.7 gpa, 27 mcat . a lot of random experiences on my app.
So my interview is on Feb 22nd, do you think this is too late to have any real chance of acceptance?
Do your best at the interview and see what happens! I think it'd be hard for anyone to say without meeting you and looking at your whole app; even then we'd only be guessing.
Just remember, they gave you the interview for a reason.
So my interview is on Feb 22nd, do you think this is too late to have any real chance of acceptance?
OUWB Admissions tweeted this:
OUWB Admissions ‏@OUWBAdmissions
Answer to SDN Q about chances of acceptance from Feb interview. Applicants on the 22nd are interviewing for actual spots-not just waitlist.
So my interview is on Feb 22nd, do you think this is too late to have any real chance of acceptance?
Always give it your all my friend. You never know what will end up happening. I'm interviewing there February 1st. I'm super stoked about it. I'm reading such great things about the school 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Always give it your all my friend. You never know what will end up happening. I'm interviewing there February 1st. I'm super stoked about it. I'm reading such great things about the school 😉
Awesome! I definitely will, I'm super excited!
Good luck, you two! I'm rooting for you! Let us know how it goes!
Good luck, you two! I'm rooting for you! Let us know how it goes!
Thank you sir! Congrats on your acceptance! 👍
If anybody is looking to split a cab/rent-a-car/hotel room for the February 1st interview send me a pm. I'll be flying in to the Detroit airport about 6:30pm-ish. Ideally, a group of 4 or even 5 people could save a ton!
My flight back is also at 7pm on February 1st so let me know your plans and let's work something out!
Brady and I are already talking things out, just let me know if you guys want in! 👍👍
My flight back is also at 7pm on February 1st so let me know your plans and let's work something out!
Brady and I are already talking things out, just let me know if you guys want in! 👍👍
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K