You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Congrats! That must feel great!
I interviewed 11/08 and still haven't heard back. Is anyone else in my boat? I looked up last year's thread and no one seemed to have not heard back by the holidays (at least from the November bunch). I wonder if they are behind schedule.
I interviewed 11/08 and still haven't heard back. Is anyone else in my boat? I looked up last year's thread and no one seemed to have not heard back by the holidays (at least from the November bunch). I wonder if they are behind schedule.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When does Tufts stop interviewing?
The last available interview date is March 19th.
Does everyone's online status change to Under Review eventually? Mine's been at Ready for Review since mid-September
Does everyone's online status change to Under Review eventually? Mine's been at Ready for Review since mid-September
Same.
The interview day is pretty relaxed and straight forward. Intro in morning, fin aid talk, then lunch with students. tour and interviews are in afternoon. Two separate one-on-one 30 min interviews, both of mine were about experiences and activities listed in primary and secondary apps. Just know your application well and you'll be fine.
any recent ii?
Thanks for the word and the encouragement! I worry about random questions on Politics, Insurance, Health Care reform...sounds like its pretty straight forward though. Yay!
Depends on the interviewer. My first interviewer asked generic/broad questions and went in depth from there. My second interviewer dove straight into my application and wanted me to clarify on a few things that I had down.
A couple others had an interviewer who asked apparently a crazy ethics question.. but I didn't get him 😛 Good luck!
Accepted!! I was in class when Dr. Neumeyer called so he left a voice message. I didn't expect to like Tufts but I really enjoyed my day there so I'm excited. I interviewed 12/13 for anyone wondering.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awww we interviewed on the same day! Good luck to you!Congrats on the acceptances! Interviewed on 12/13, don't feel too good about my chances though... I had a student interviewer and didnt think that went too well...
Awww we interviewed on the same day! Good luck to you!
Haha yeah I guess so, thanks! Really hoping for some good news, could really use it right about now. Love your username btw, really captures my mental state right now.
Has anybody heard back from the MBA portion of the program? I received my acceptance to the MD program back in early December, but heard nothing about the MBA part.
Did anyone else interview in Oct/Nov and flat out not hear back yet?
I interviewed 11/8 and have heard nothing =( I called them recently and the guy who picked up told me I should hear something by the end of the week. Hopefully that applies to you as well. Ah good luck to the both of us.
I interviewed 11/8 and have heard nothing =( I called them recently and the guy who picked up told me I should hear something by the end of the week. Hopefully that applies to you as well. Ah good luck to the both of us.
Thank you, sir.
Best of luck 👍
Been complete since late September. No word since. Any ii's recently?
I called Tufts yesterday and they said they'll be reviewing MBA applications shortly.Has anybody heard back from the MBA portion of the program? I received my acceptance to the MD program back in early December, but heard nothing about the MBA part.
has anyone had any luck with an in the area email to Tufts?
Annnnnnnnnnd Rejected by dat snail mail.
Annnnnnnnnnd Rejected by dat snail mail.
pre or post interview?
Annnnnnnnnnd Rejected by dat snail mail.
The letter was dated today?
4
484511
has anyone had any luck with an in the area email to Tufts?
Wondering this as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when does tufts start sending out pre-inerview rejections? do they all come out at the end
Does anyone have an answer to this question? Thank you so much!
(applied in August and haven't heard anything since)
does anyone have an answer to this question? Thank you so much!
(applied in august and haven't heard anything since)
+1
Tufts rejects via snail mail? Why!?
Tufts rejects via snail mail? Why!?
Weird. I applied last year and was rejected via email. Maybe they're changed it?!
has anyone had any luck with an in the area email to Tufts?
Same question. Any thoughts would be great.
I think a lot of schools like to send you a "final decision" on paper - more official. That's why most acceptance emails are later accompanied with a packet in the mail. For rejections, why waste the time to do both?
has anyone had any luck with an in the area email to Tufts?
No. I called and they told me to upload a document to the application center "for any special circumstances or issues." I did so about 2.5 months in advance (had another interview in Boston) and heard nothing.
Anyone start a facebook group yet?
Anyone start a facebook group yet?
I don't think anyone has. Let's start one.
Anyone know if the adcom is receptive to PRE-interview letters of interest?
anyone know if the adcom is receptive to pre-interview letters of interest?
+1
Anyone know if the adcom is receptive to PRE-interview letters of interest?
They are receptive... that doesn't necessarily mean your letter will ever get seen or read. All updates are done through the upload option on the secondary website.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
have there been an interview invites in the last month or so?
I haven't heard of any, and I've been following people I know that have applied and this thread daily. Dying to know when that next batch will be.
Is anyone else having trouble uploading a pdf. to the upload page?
I did on Monday without a problem. I did it on Chrome. Maybe a different browser will be helpful?
I haven't heard of any, and I've been following people I know that have applied and this thread daily. Dying to know when that next batch will be.
I did on Monday without a problem. I did it on Chrome. Maybe a different browser will be helpful?
cool thanks. did your file name change into a bunch of numbers once you uploaded it?
cool thanks. did your file name change into a bunch of numbers once you uploaded it?
Looks like it did! I had it labeled so nicely and clearly... Oh well.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K