2012-2013 Tufts University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yet another school that gave out interviews to a bunch but not me :scared: worried something wrong with my app

1339549848634.png
 
Yeah, but I bet you get into a more attractive option, whether cost or location. Don't stress to much. You have a good application.

Thanks, I appreciate it and hope you're right. I'm still not out of the running for Tufts yet though. I'm still hoping for an II. I'm sure a lot of people here know this, but it's just frustrating seeing lots of other people get interview invites when you don't really have any yet yourself.

Good luck to all of you that already have IIs though.:luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, I appreciate it and hope you're right. I'm still not out of the running for Tufts yet though. I'm still hoping for an II. I'm sure a lot of people here know this, but it's just frustrating seeing lots of other people get interview invites when you don't really have any yet yourself.

Good luck to all of you that already have IIs though.:luck:

I have 0 II's so things could be worse, I promise.
 
I'm probably reading far too much into this, but my status has reverted from a message about being in the screening process back to "Your application is ready!". What does it mean???

I haven't heard from a single school in two weeks; the anticipation is driving me insane!
 
I'm probably reading far too much into this, but my status has reverted from a message about being in the screening process back to "Your application is ready!". What does it mean???

I haven't heard from a single school in two weeks; the anticipation is driving me insane!

Same thing happened to me...no idea why! :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete late august, 3.7, 35, no II.
BUT! I did see that someone from the Tufts University School of Medicine viewed my LinkedIn profile a while back.............
 
Last edited:
My "MCAT Score Status just changed to "MCAT score not received" and I am no longer "ready for review." Has this happened to anyone else?
 
My "MCAT Score Status just changed to "MCAT score not received" and I am no longer "ready for review." Has this happened to anyone else?
I just checked my status and it now says that my MCAT score is not received too. It also says my application is not ready but it still says that I am under the screening process. It must be a glitch
 
My "MCAT Score Status just changed to "MCAT score not received" and I am no longer "ready for review." Has this happened to anyone else?
I just noticed the same thing on my status page. I received a complete email (2 months ago!) after they received my MCAT scores, so I'm hoping it's a temporary glitch in the system.
 
I just checked my status and it now says that my MCAT score is not received too. It also says my application is not ready but it still says that I am under the screening process. It must be a glitch

Yeah, same.

They did say it was a new application website, so maybe they're working out the kinks.
 
My "MCAT Score Status just changed to "MCAT score not received" and I am no longer "ready for review." Has this happened to anyone else?

I just checked my status and it now says that my MCAT score is not received too. It also says my application is not ready but it still says that I am under the screening process. It must be a glitch

just happened to me...been complete since like mid august..prob a glitch..will give it a day or two

Similar thing happened with Columbia's status page several weeks back. no need to worry. They all use the same type of application page system.


Same 🙁 I emailed them anyways 🙂
 
Could anyone post the link to the secondary app??? Mine got caught in spam and was them auto deleted. I'm trying to schedule my interview and can't find how to get to that page
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is starting to drive me nuts. I just wish I would hear something soon. Or I with that all the schools I applied to were non-rolling. At least then I wouldn't freak out every time I see an email in my inbox only to be disappointed when it is some relative catching up...
 
For those wondering, I received an II in the first wave of invites. When I accessed the II calendar, the latest date I could schedule would be Nov 15. Maybe this means that a new wave will come out soon and more dates will open up?
 
I saw that several people applying to MD/PhD got the MD interview but has anyone received response from the PhD part? And is it always MD interview first then PhD?
 
For those wondering, I received an II in the first wave of invites. When I accessed the II calendar, the latest date I could schedule would be Nov 15. Maybe this means that a new wave will come out soon and more dates will open up?

Did you check the Jan and Feb dates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very much open file. As in one of my interviewers just read through each of my amcas activities and asked for a description of my involvement including number of hours per week.
 
Very much open file. As in one of my interviewers just read through each of my amcas activities and asked for a description of my involvement including number of hours per week.
Thanks for the response--I'll be sure to review my AMCAS in addition to my notes on the school on the plane
 
"Did you take any leaves of absence or significant breaks from your undergraduate education? (Do not include time off after graduation.)"

I will have been working in a Genetics Diagnostics lab for two years by the time Fall 2013 rolls around...are they saying that this is "time off after graduation"? I wouldn't really call working full time "time off", and it's an important part of my application...so I have no idea how to answer this! It is described on AMCAS and is listed as one of my most meaningful...but still...not sure what to do! :scared:

Damsel in distress, here!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.