You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I was complete 8/27 and my status also just changed...my guess is it is a bad sign and I am expecting a rejection.
i was complete 8/27 and my status also just changed...my guess is it is a bad sign and i am expecting a rejection.
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4
496552
My "under screening" status disappeared a while ago, and I've been complete since 9/4. No idea what it means, but I sort of took it to mean a silent rejection too (like a neurotic pre-med)-- 🙁
The silence from this school is deafening...I thought I had a decent shot, but I'm giving up.
There are times when I feel like an appropriate theme song to this application experience would be Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence".
My "under screening" status disappeared a while ago, and I've been complete since 9/4. No idea what it means, but I sort of took it to mean a silent rejection too (like a neurotic pre-med)-- 🙁
Same for me.

No word from Maine track or regular :/
what status is this? mine has just been saying "your application is ready!" forever..
There are times when I feel like an appropriate theme song to this application experience would be Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence".
lolz. so true
wahhhhh my under-screening status went away today too...curiouser and curiouser
+15
Does ANYBODY still have the "under screening" status?
wahhhhh my under-screening status went away today too...curiouser and curiouser
+me too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to say that it's not a certain bad sign for those whose statuses have been changed from the screening to "your application is ready!" I did the SMP at Tufts and know I will have an interview this cycle, although I haven't gotten the official invite from the admissions office or scheduled it yet. I was complete 10/12, saw the screening status, and now have "your application is ready!" too (although I don't know what date the status changed). So just a guess that that status isn't the end of hope for everyone! Good luck!
I just talked to the admissions and they said that the "under screening" status means that the application is in an initial screening. After that status is removed they said it means that the application has moved on to another committee, "committee of doctors" to be screened for an interview invite.
So it's a good thing when it goes away?I just talked to the admissions and they said that the "under screening" status means that the application is in an initial screening. After that status is removed they said it means that the application has moved on to another committee, "committee of doctors" to be screened for an interview invite.
I just talked to the admissions and they said that the "under screening" status means that the application is in an initial screening. After that status is removed they said it means that the application has moved on to another committee, "committee of doctors" to be screened for an interview invite.
Thanks for sharing!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, I would assume so....I haven't seen any rejections from this school yet so it seems too good to be true in a way
I just talked to the admissions and they said that the "under screening" status means that the application is in an initial screening. After that status is removed they said it means that the application has moved on to another committee, "committee of doctors" to be screened for an interview invite.
So does that mean we passed an initial cut, and we're now looking to make the interview invite cut basically?
So does that mean we passed an initial cut, and we're now looking to make the interview invite cut basically?
thats the impression that I got, but it seems like everyone on here made the cut....but I assume that SDN is a place for people who care about their apps thus work hard and get good scores and most likely all deserve to make this initial cut.
thats the impression that I got, but it seems like everyone on here made the cut....but I assume that SDN is a place for people who care about their apps thus work hard and get good scores and most likely all deserve to make this initial cut.
Did you guys see Tufts on the rejection thread? I noticed that someone had posted it, but it was never added to the cumulative list...
Did you guys see Tufts on the rejection thread? I noticed that someone had posted it, but it was never added to the cumulative list...
Maybs someone assumed an auto-reject when their "screening" status went away but others' remained?
Edit
I'll write and submit my MPH application once I get my II... (fingers crossed).I don't know if they mentioned this to you as well but at my interview day they said the MPH applications are rolling, so while you may not be considered for the MD/MPH until after you have an MD acceptance, it is still best to get the MPH application in early because the spots are limited and you might end up on a MD/MPH waitlist if you wait too long. Not sure when the MPH application actually becomes that competitive but the MPH director who spoke with us implied that getting them in before the new year was preferable.
Until then, there's no point, since I have no idea whether or not I have a shot at this school.
OOS, 3.65 cGPA, 39Q. :/
I have this abiding horror that adcoms are gonna be like GPA =/= MCAT, GTFO. But that's probably me being neurotic.
I hope. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question: Is tufts MD/MBA program less competitive (i.e. easier to get into) then the regular MD program?
The going trend seems to be that you're not even considered for the dual program unless you've been accepted by the medicine portion.
would love to know if any of you who have had the status go from "complete" to "under screening" back to "complete" get an ii.
Thanks.
+1
This is a really dumb question, but how do you view your application status? If I log onto my secondary and click "Status" I get taken to a page that only shows me a list of things, the bottom of which reads "Secondary App Ready for Review Your application is ready!"
This is a really dumb question, but how do you view your application status? If I log onto my secondary and click "Status" I get taken to a page that only shows me a list of things, the bottom of which reads "Secondary App Ready for Review Your application is ready!"
I think that *is* your status. Not very helpful, I know. I saw the "you are currently under screening process" on that same page for a while.
I think that *is* your status. Not very helpful, I know. I saw the "you are currently under screening process" on that same page for a while.
Huh, I have the "your app is ready!" status but I don't remember ever seeing the "under screening" status (and I've been checking like a neurotic premed, so take that as you will). Complete 9/23
II today. My status did change from ready to screening back to ready and all that but i dont really think it means much. Just a system glitch.I meant: back to "ready!"
What time did your invite come, if you don't mind my asking?II today. My status did change from ready to screening back to ready and all that but i dont really think it means much. Just a system glitch.
II today. My status did change from ready to screening back to ready and all that but i dont really think it means much. Just a system glitch.
when did you submit your secondary? thanks,
II today. My status did change from ready to screening back to ready and all that but i dont really think it means much. Just a system glitch.
Ohhhh but you're MD/Ph.D
Also, what dates are currently available--anytime in the near future?II today. My status did change from ready to screening back to ready and all that but i dont really think it means much. Just a system glitch.
Kay, I know this is super-late, but I interviewed here on the 11th and I'm SOOOOOOOO hoping I get in! My best friend is in Boston, I've always wanted to go to the east for higher education, AND Tufts. Was. Great!
!!!
!!!Sorry for the delayed reply but yes it was md/phd so it might not be applicable but I was assuming the two programs are coordinated. Was complete 8/10 and invite email came at noon pacific time.Also, what dates are currently available--anytime in the near future?
Looks like the available dates were only starting in January but again this may be for the combined program.Also, what dates are currently available--anytime in the near future?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks
Regular MD interview invite just now! I was complete the same day I received and submitted the secondary on 8/10. My status had changed from "under review" back to "your application is ready" a while ago. So excited! 🙂
Regular MD interview invite just now! I was complete the same day I received and submitted the secondary on 8/10. My status had changed from "under review" back to "your application is ready" a while ago. So excited! 🙂
what was the earliest date you could chose? thanks.
There is one availability November 20th and then there are 4 days available in December and two available in Januarywhat was the earliest date you could chose? thanks.
EDIT: There are dates after January too
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K