You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone know what the maximum merit based or need based aid that can be offered is? For myself, I see no point in staying on the waitlist unless something more than $5-10k may be offered..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what the maximum merit based or need based aid that can be offered is? For myself, I see no point in staying on the waitlist unless something more than $5-10k may be offered..
I think 15K is maximum need and 20K is maximum merit.
You and me joonage, til the bitter end! 😉Bump for the sake of bump. 🙁
Anybody still holding out for an acceptance?![]()
I'm waiting on BU's MD/PhD wait-list...it would be incredible to go to school here. ....still holding out for the best.
i just got off the MD waitlist! giving some hope to all of you!
i just got off the MD waitlist! giving some hope to all of you!
Congrats! How did you hear? Phone call or email
Congrats! Had you sent in updates and/or letter of intent?i just got off the MD waitlist! giving some hope to all of you!
Thank you! I received an email.Congrats! How did you hear? Phone call or email
Thanks! I sent in extra letters of recs and a letter of intent.Congrats! Had you sent in updates and/or letter of intent?
Now we know they're moving ...i just got off the MD waitlist! giving some hope to all of you!

Congrats!! Hopefully I can be your classmate ...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else just get a rejection from the waitlist? I'm sad not to be going to BU but sincerely appreciate the fact that they let me know rather than letting me sit on the waitlist in silence. 👍
No rejection... yet.
Just got the WL rejection. I find it amusing how much regret and disappointment the admissions committee feels about their decision. It's as if they have been thinking about it (maybe met some of the people they have accepted?) and realized what a bad mistake they have made. I can think of at least one way they can make this right in the upcoming application cycle.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K