Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you check your status here?Got the big envelope today and SURPRISE!!!!! waitlisted. They sure know how to lift you up and drop you from even higher.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How do you check your status here?Got the big envelope today and SURPRISE!!!!! waitlisted. They sure know how to lift you up and drop you from even higher.
Same page where you turned in the secondary application.How do you check your status here?
hey @general987 can you shed some insight on how much time M2s get to study for Step 1? thanksSame page where you turned in the secondary application.
Wish I could share but not a student only accepted 🙂 but they did go over during the interview day that they get sometime.hey @general987 can you shed some insight on how much time M2s get to study for Step 1? thanks
Wish I could share but not a student only accepted 🙂 but they did go over during the interview day that they get sometime.
hey @general987 can you shed some insight on how much time M2s get to study for Step 1? thanks
Macs are good!Does Creighton have a laptop recommendation? Are Macs okay or do I need to get a PC? I know some
schools have recommendations but I don't remember if Creighton has any.
Either would work for Creighton. No requirements. If anything ,Macs may be a little more difficult for you to use Panopto for viewing lectures from home. But its do-able, just one extra download. I use mac.Does Creighton have a laptop recommendation? Are Macs okay or do I need to get a PC? I know some
schools have recommendations but I don't remember if Creighton has any.
Thank you!Either would work for Creighton. No requirements. If anything ,Macs may be a little more difficult for you to use Panopto for viewing lectures from home. But its do-able, just one extra download. I use mac.
+4 complete late October.
Got the big envelope today and SURPRISE!!!!! waitlisted. They sure know how to lift you up and drop you from even higher.
Same happened to me, lol. I was really excited by the big envelope, but nope.
Got the big envelope today and SURPRISE!!!!! waitlisted. They sure know how to lift you up and drop you from even higher.
Same happened to me, lol. I was really excited by the big envelope, but nope.
Same for me too. Now it's just the waiting game...I've had a similar experience. As Lil Wayne so eloquently explains it, "Imma pick the world up and drop it on yo f*&#ing head." Poetry.
+1 Never heard a thing from them since I was complete back in Sept. Hope you have had better luck elsewhere! All it takes is 1!Rejected pre interview.
+2.Rejected pre interview.
Rejected pre interview.
+4. 🙁+3. Thanks Omaha.
+5+4. 🙁
Is there a Fbook page for accepted students?
Hi all,
I recently called the office to get information about my application. I was told that I had been put on the alternate list due to weak non medical volunteering experiences. Can anyone provide me with any advice as to what I can do over these next few months to get over the hump and gain an acceptance?
They are ALL ABOUT that non-medical volunteering. I think it's just as important- if not more important- to them than grades and mcats. Get involved in a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter or something. I've been doing a ton of volunteering and extra shadowing since I got placed on their waitlist. I'm doing whatever I can to get accepted.
Also take advantage of their open hours or whatever it's called on thursdays! I think that's what got me in
I began tutoring English reading and writing to adults through my library right after the interview to add to all the other non med volunteering I've done so I could incessantly update them before they made their decision . Like User12 said, I think they will definitely look past grades and MCAT if you are strong in non med vol'ing. I am a prime example.Hi all,
I recently called the office to get information about my application. I was told that I had been put on the alternate list due to weak non medical volunteering experiences. Can anyone provide me with any advice as to what I can do over these next few months to get over the hump and gain an acceptance?
Also, if anyone reapplies next year, I strongly suggest sending in updates BEFORE you get accepted/waitlisted. If you are going to be accepted anyway, then it doesn't help you much, but if you were going to be waitlisted, it could put your application from a waitlist to an accept. I am sure that is what happened to me.I began tutoring English reading and writing to adults through my library right after the interview to add to all the other non med volunteering I've done so I could incessantly update them before they made their decision . Like User12 said, I think they will definitely look past grades and MCAT if you are strong in non med vol'ing. I am a prime example.
I called on two different occasions and spoke to someone right away. this was before I even got an interview thoughAhh for some reason I feel funny about calling and bothering them. Plus I hear that even though it's "open door" or whatever on Thursdays, you still have to make an appointment to speak with an admissions committee member. But they're going to get a SERIOUS update from me right before May.
hey @general987 can you shed some insight on how much time M2s get to study for Step 1? thanks
When do classes end for M2s? Do they let you out a little bit early so you can study?
Creighton does a lottery system for their M2s to determine when you take step 1. But, if you don't get the date that you want in the lottery, you can either trade with someone or register at a location of your choosing. I'm pretty sure every one in my class ended up getting the date that they wanted. As far as how much time, I think the max dedicated time that you could get would be around 6 weeks. But, as already stated, the last class of the year (which is a couple weeks long) is pretty chill and most people start studying during that time.
This year, our last final is on April 30th, then we have our Basic Science Shelf on May 2nd, and an optional Pathology Shelf on May 6th.
Be yourself 🙂 they stress that. Show your passion for Creighton!Got my interview coming up this Friday! Any suggestions or forewarnings? Excited/nervous.
I heard about 5 weeks after my interview in early januarydoes anyone know if its still taking about 5 weeks to get a decision?
Anyone know the next acceptance date or how often Creighton accepts individuals? I know they said 6-8 weeks, I was just wondering if anyone has heard earlier.
Awarded a Dean's Diversity Scholarship today!!Applied in mid-late January I think. This is going to make my decision a lot harder...
Awarded a Dean's Diversity Scholarship today!!Applied in mid-late January I think. This is going to make my decision a lot harder...
Me too!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.