-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Give them a call and askI interviewed 12/7 and my status and letters of rec just disappeared from the portal. Judging from previous posts, that means the wheels are in motion? Now I just cross my fingers and hope they don't reappear?
I've been accepted, it feels amazing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to the club future classmates 🙂
Any current students of the main campus and/or Az on this thread that can give us an idea what each clinical experience is like for us ghetto people who can't afford any more flights? Thanks!
My interview notification message & LOR's just disappeared from the status page. Does anybody else have this???
Last edited:
My interview notification message & LOR's just disappeared from the status page. Does anybody else have this???
Mine too!
call them... that means they've made a decisionMy interview notification message & LOR's just disappeared from the status page. Does anybody else have this???
The decision has been potentially made!
A current student (TheycallmeX) I believe commented on this earlier in the thread. From what I remember, it doesn't matter what you tell them now because you can change your mind up until mid M-2 or something.Any current students of the main campus and/or Az on this thread that can give us an idea what each clinical experience is like for us ghetto people who can't afford any more flights? Thanks!
Accepted!! Interviewed 12/13. OOS.
Welcome to the family hahaAccepted!! Interviewed 12/13. OOS.
Any current students of the main campus and/or Az on this thread that can give us an idea what each clinical experience is like for us ghetto people who can't afford any more flights? Thanks!
here's the link for what I said earlier in this thread about Omaha v. Phoenix for clinicals:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...lication-thread.1003786/page-10#post-14809263
-X
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It took around 2-3 hours after my LOR's disappeared...I received three different emails from Creighton...how soon after LOR's disappear do you usually find out the decision?
like accepted, waitlisted, and rejected?It took around 2-3 hours after my LOR's disappeared...I received three different emails from Creighton...
I think accepted, scholarship, and jay day?
Scholarship to apply for or did you get a scholarship?I think accepted, scholarship, and jay day?
Sent from my phone.
I think scholarship to apply for. I received a few emails that day too
Anyone applying to the diversity scholarship?
.
Last edited:
When I called they said they would be sending out emails next week FYII'm going to assume the same. I interviewed 12/13. my status disappeared yesterday and then reappeared today.
Is there a facebook page for the class of 2018?
I was wondering about this too!Is there a facebook page for the class of 2018?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a facebook page for the class of 2018?
I was wondering about this too!
You know, if anyone is thinking about being class president, a good way to show everyone your leadership skills would be to start the Facebook page. Ahm juss sayin'...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CreightonMDClassof2018/
^^^^ There is the link to the Facebook group for the Creighton University School of Medicine Class of 2018!
I took the initiative and created the Facebook group for the class of 2018. I have been wanting one for months now due to my excitement! I will be matriculating in the Fall as well.
I have the group set as open at the moment, but I also have it set so that I will need to approve the individuals that request joining (this is to prevent anyone that I personally know from just up-and-joining the group I recently created). I will be prompt in approving all others though, so that the community can start to grow as quickly as possible. For those of you who will also be matriculating, come join the party!
Last edited:
Just joined!!
Any tips on how to get off the waitlist? I really wanna go here 🙁
Any tips on how to get off the waitlist? I really wanna go here 🙁
Call up admissions and talk to Garland or another member of the admissions staff (back in the day there was an assigned time to do that, although I'm not sure if the "open house" hours still apply). They will pull up your application and tell you what might be lacking/how to improve. Sometimes it can be things such as get more shadowing experience/non-clinical volunteering, which you can improve on in the next 5-6 months. Keep sending updates on new grades and activities- we like hearing from you. If Creighton is your #1, you can also send a letter of interest/intent, but I would wait until later in the season for that.
Call up admissions and talk to Garland or another member of the admissions staff (back in the day there was an assigned time to do that, although I'm not sure if the "open house" hours still apply). They will pull up your application and tell you what might be lacking/how to improve. Sometimes it can be things such as get more shadowing experience/non-clinical volunteering, which you can improve on in the next 5-6 months. Keep sending updates on new grades and activities- we like hearing from you. If Creighton is your #1, you can also send a letter of interest/intent, but I would wait until later in the season for that.
Garland was my faculty interviewer. Pretty much the nicest guy!
I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight about the diagnostic tools here. Do they require you to buy a kit from them? Or can you buy your own?
Has anyone that interviewed in January heard anything today? My status and letters have gone from the portal but haven't reappeared but I haven't gotten an email either. Just trying to figure out when I should be finding out any information.
Congrats
Last edited:
Congrats! And I doubt itII just now. Scheduled for March 28th, flights were so expensive from all the over here in Massachusetts. Would I be interviewing for a waitlist spot because it is so late?
I am also curious to the answer of this question.Does anyone know if M2s get any time off to study for Step 1?
Do you mind sharing when you were complete? I'm also in Mass by the way- hoping they'll continue sending some love out East!II just now. Scheduled for March 28th, flights were so expensive from all the over here in Massachusetts. Would I be interviewing for a waitlist spot because it is so late?
October 3rd. Omaha is a looongg way from the east coast, haha. But I am ready for some mid-west style livingDo you mind sharing when you were complete? I'm also in Mass by the way- hoping they'll continue sending some love out East!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today. Going on March 7. Staying with family. Really excited, first MD interview!
II just now. Scheduled for March 28th, flights were so expensive from all the over here in Massachusetts. Would I be interviewing for a waitlist spot because it is so late?
II today. Going on March 7. Staying with family. Really excited, first MD interview!
Would you mind sharing your stats, please? I was complete back in October haven't heard anything since.
Keep them updated. Sent them an update letter to show you want to go there. They are huge on that.Got the big envelope today and SURPRISE!!!!! waitlisted. They sure know how to lift you up and drop you from even higher.
Cost of living in Omaha is super cheap!
I feel the older I get the more I care about cheap cost of living rather than how cool the city is
but I liked Omaha so it's a win win (and I went to school in L.A.)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K