You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
M
MrWonderful
Well assuming yesterday was the big wthdrawal day, Monday should begin the scramble to fill seats. Gotta figure our best odds lie in the next business week right
Gave up my seat, it was a super difficult decision but I hope it goes to one of you here! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
M
MrWonderful
Do you guys think they read our update emails or just stash them in our file?
I would think that they do given how adamant they are about sending LOIs and updates. Seems like they really like that.Do you guys think they read our update emails or just stash them in our file?
M
MrWonderful
I would think that they do given how adamant they are about sending LOIs and updates. Seems like they really like that.
Hope so. Seems like on past threads the waitlist movement happens prior to the 15th whereas this year There's been hardly any. Not sure where that leaves us lol
An in person/phone conversation about why you weren't accepted, usually done with an executive committee member. Mine covered all aspects from primary --> secondary --> II, but mainly II.what is an exit interview? and thank you so much for calling by the way! I guess we can't expect them to give us too much info...just wish we knew whether the class is full.
It seems like they aren't going to do anything until May 15. However, I have noticed that the Facebook group number has been dropping. It's down to 165 right now which is less than the class size of 177. No one new has been added in a while. (Yes, I know this is weird that I check the number of Facebook group members...but I'm dying for an acceptance).
What is the name of the facebook group / can you post a link to it?
What is the name of the facebook group / can you post a link to it?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/206120216242382/
The good news is the group's number has consistently dropped since Thursday to 156. But the bad news is it appears the admin added several people on Friday, which could be interpreted as acceptances going out around then. Who knows though... Here's hoping for this week!
ah gotcha.An in person/phone conversation about why you weren't accepted, usually done with an executive committee member. Mine covered all aspects from primary --> secondary --> II, but mainly II.
Any news anyone?
twiddling my thumbs and waiting around.....Also twiddling my thumbs 🙁
Graduation was today so that is probably why we didn't hear anything! 🙂 (first step is denial)...really though
Edit: I was notified by a more alert individual that graduation was yesterday. Nevermind. To keep going with the cliches...Ignorance would have been bliss.
Edit: I was notified by a more alert individual that graduation was yesterday. Nevermind. To keep going with the cliches...Ignorance would have been bliss.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
M
MrWonderful
So is the wait list done moving already?!?!?!
I hope not...I mean the class MIGHT be full already, but I think they're still waiting on people to drop acceptances given that the 15th deadline was so recent (or would they all have had to drop by now?)...I think a couple of the past threads revealed that the class was full by this time though (if I remember correctly)So is the wait list done moving already?!?!?!
I hope not...I mean the class MIGHT be full already, but I think they're still waiting on people to drop acceptances given that the 15th deadline was so recent (or would they all have had to drop by now?)...I think a couple of the past threads revealed that the class was full by this time though (if I remember correctly)
That is too bad. sigh
Does that mean applicants can continue to hold multiple acceptances after May 15? Or is this Thursday's deadline only for people recently accepted from the alternate pool? Thanks for your input.
Last edited:
😳Well the FB admin added about 14 people to the FB group today so looks like they took people off the alt list. No bueno...
Well the FB admin added about 14 people to the FB group today so looks like they took people off the alt list. No bueno...
nooooooooooooooooooo.......
Necessarily*
Here's hoping!
M
MrWonderful
It's over guys haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys really think it's over? 🙁
Do they ever send rejections to WLers before August? Like do we really just sit here and still wait?
Honestly when I saw the fb number went up, I think it's close to being very over. But then there's a little part of me that hopes that it's not, but let's be real...I don't think they would send rejections so early, but when they do send it, it will be too late for anyone to make plans.
I think if a WLer has no other acceptance as of now, I would just suggest applying for jobs or some post-bacc or special master's now before it's too late.
Does anyone know when Orientation is? I'm just wondering because waitlist movement can continue all summer until the first day of classes
thanks!Orientation is August 6th. White Coat ceremony is Aug 9th, and classes start Aug 11th.
M
MrWonderful
Are you basing that observation on only this thread? Idk why but I get a terrible sense of nonmovement
M
MrWonderful
Damn that pretty much means There's a queue already and anybody without the email is in trouble
So it looks like at least several people who got the "merit email" did not get in. That's pretty surprising, considering they all got in two years ago. I wonder what could be behind that...
Yes, I got the email and still wasn't contacted. It just seems like they got my hopes up for no reason....... or the email just didn't mean anything.
Yes, I got the email and still wasn't contacted. It just seems like they got my hopes up for no reason....... or the email just didn't mean anything.
3 more ppl were added to the facebook page today...
since today is the deposit deadline and the alternate status website says "most movement will occur in late May," we may hear some good news next week 🙂
M
MrWonderful
Any chance some of the students in that Facebook group are current M1s? I noticed in one of the class of 2018 groups I'm in for a different school there is like 15% M1-M2s scouting the incoming class
it's possible! i'm not sure, but here's hoping!Any chance some of the students in that Facebook group are current M1s? I noticed in one of the class of 2018 groups I'm in for a different school there is like 15% M1-M2s scouting the incoming class
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked at GW? I called admissions a few weeks ago and they said no…but their website says yes. I don't recall what they said during my interview day though.
When I spoke to the office, they said it's not ranked.. Oh the woes of hearsay and opaque admission process
hmm alright glad that we heard the same thing from admissions though. Thank you!When I spoke to the office, they said it's not ranked.. Oh the woes of hearsay and opaque admission process