2013-2014 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think having a competitive GPa (3.7 C 3.6s) and a 33 MCAT, but a 9 in BIO, (14PS 10V), will give me a good chance. Someone posted earlier that having a 10 in each section is competitive and an <8 is noncompetitive, where does that put my 9?? thoughts? this place is expensive, do not want to waste money.
 
Do you think having a competitive GPa (3.7 C 3.6s) and a 33 MCAT, but a 9 in BIO, (14PS 10V), will give me a good chance. Someone posted earlier that having a 10 in each section is competitive and an <8 is noncompetitive, where does that put my 9?? thoughts? this place is expensive, do not want to waste money.

If less than an 8 is noncompetitive, then I think you are fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question to current students. I have heard that in interviews that cura personalis is really emphasizes. How do they carry out their mission in your education? Are there any specific classes that emphasize this?

One thing I found is mandatory service. Only 20 hours or something, but still.
 
I'm also on hold for a re-review, but not too surprised considering how terribly average my stats are by SDN-standards (3.65, 30) XD

Best of luck to everyone!

When did you submit? Sorry to hear. But maybe it's like GWU which puts applicants on hold first?
 
I submitted my secondary app. When I did the essay I only took note that it should be no more than 5,000 characters. Mine was about 4,500. However, after I turned it in I noticed they also said no more than a page. When I submitted my essay it was a page and a few sentences. Is that bad?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary app. When I did the essay I only took note that it should be no more than 5,000 characters. Mine was about 4,500. However, after I turned it in I noticed they also said no more than a page. When I submitted my essay it was a page and a few sentences. Is that bad?

I highly doubt that will matter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Samesies! 🙂 32/3.85/see mdapps... I'm not Catholic or anything, but I did mention Cura Personalis in my secondary 🙄
 
Samesies! 🙂 32/3.85/see mdapps... I'm not Catholic or anything, but I did mention Cura Personalis in my secondary 🙄

What's going on Magnum haha
I purposefully did NOT write the words cura personalis, but I definitely emphasized it in my essay #cunning
 
Interview invite! Was complete on 7/23, 34 MCAT, 3.6s, 3.8c. PA resident, Notre Dame undergrad (so not Jesuit, but I wonder if this helped?). I DID specifically mention the cura personalis in my essay.
 
Interview invite! Was complete on 7/23, 34 MCAT, 3.6s, 3.8c. PA resident, Notre Dame undergrad (so not Jesuit, but I wonder if this helped?). I DID specifically mention the cura personalis in my essay.

Congrats to all! What time did everyone get the interview email?? Just curious if they went out all at once or are leaking out slowly.
 
does anyone know how to add a photo to the secondary application? the information online requests that we sent one in prior to interview, but i cant find it on the application
 
Interview Invite for me as well, first one!!!! So excited!

I signed up for the 08/29 one, am I going to see anyone else there?

Complete on 7/23

3.76/32

YAYYYAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this school!
 
Interview Invite for me as well, first one!!!! So excited!

I signed up for the 08/29 one, am I going to see anyone else there?

Complete on 7/23

3.76/32

YAYYYAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this school!

Also on 8/29. Really excited, from what I've heard this is a tremendous institution
 
Received an II today as well at 8am Eastern time, however I am not sure if I should be happy or not? I am a Canadian applicant and after searching MSAR statistics, GU interviewed 80 international applicants and accepted 3 of them.

Are Canadians considered international and will I be placed in the pool of 80 internationals /3 acceptances?

Or was it by chance that 3 were accepted? Is there a disadvantage for international students? Is there a disadvantage for Canadians?


Any advice is appreciated 😳
 
I'll be interviewing 9/5... anyone else going that day? I'm SOOO ecstatic to visit Georgetown, especially for my first interview 🙂

And yes, mine came at 9:12 central time, so same as most others. Congrats everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone on the interviews! I just submitted my secondary, how long did it take most people to be complete?