You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i submitted on the 31st and was complete on 8/05
in the email for the secondary submission it said it could take up to 10 business days
Yea I saw the 10 day thing, just wanted to get a feel. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview 🙂 4.0/37. Thankyou, GU!
II!! complete last week
II today. Complete 8/7
II today, complete 2 weeks ago, 3.6/40 (and I did the post-bacc program here)
II this morning!!!!!! 3.9+/30 and complete on July 30th! SO EXCITED! 🙂
Interview Invite!!! - Complete 7/30 - Also sent an in the area email
Congrats to all the new IIs!!!! What day did you guys sign up for?
I really hope an II is coming my way soon...did anyone who received an II NOT write the words "cura personalis"?
I really hope an II is coming my way soon...did anyone who received an II NOT write the words "cura personalis"?
I didn't write that. I thought it would be heavy handed to do so. Instead I structured my essay by carefully selecting and framing past activities along with opportunities at Georgetown. That way I could convey "cura personalis" without explicitly stating it.
To be honest, I had never heard of cura personalis, but it is something I have structured my approach to medicine around anyway. So it helped that all of my activities mesh well with that to begin with.
II this morning. Complete 8/6.
I really hope an II is coming my way soon...did anyone who received an II NOT write the words "cura personalis"?
They were the 4th and 5th words in my secondary. Most of the secondary was about their scholarly tracks though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They were the 4th and 5th words in my secondary. Most of the secondary was about their scholarly tracks though.
"I have practiced cura personalis all my life" opening line? lol
I didn't write that. I thought it would be heavy handed to do so. Instead I structured my essay by carefully selecting and framing past activities along with opportunities at Georgetown. That way I could convey "cura personalis" without explicitly stating it.
To be honest, I had never heard of cura personalis, but it is something I have structured my approach to medicine around anyway. So it helped that all of my activities mesh well with that to begin with.
That was kind of my approach as well - I wasn't going to BS about something I only just learned from their website, but reflecting on my past I do feel my experiences align with the sentiment of Cura Personalis, so I tried to strucure my essay around how my past experiences tied into it and similarly, related opportunities at georgetown.
I didn't write that. I thought it would be heavy handed to do so. Instead I structured my essay by carefully selecting and framing past activities along with opportunities at Georgetown. That way I could convey "cura personalis" without explicitly stating it.
To be honest, I had never heard of cura personalis, but it is something I have structured my approach to medicine around anyway. So it helped that all of my activities mesh well with that to begin with.
+1 I feel like it should be a common thread throughout any medical school app.
I really hope an II is coming my way soon...did anyone who received an II NOT write the words "cura personalis"?
I definitely did not. My secondary focused on other reasons as to why Georgetown. But my primary app reflects many aspects of cura personalis without overtly stating the term.
Rejection...
Oh well. Sent an "In the area" e-mail and got a very polite response that they would not be extending and interview my way and wished me the best of luck with the rest of this cycle. Nice, I guess, but OUCH I was not expecting that!
Oh well. Sent an "In the area" e-mail and got a very polite response that they would not be extending and interview my way and wished me the best of luck with the rest of this cycle. Nice, I guess, but OUCH I was not expecting that!
II today! complete 7/30.
For those of you with II, have any of your statuses changed on your online portal? I confirmed an interview date, but my status still says that I submitted the secondary and that it's complete…
Rejection...
Oh well. Sent an "In the area" e-mail and got a very polite response that they would not be extending and interview my way and wished me the best of luck with the rest of this cycle. Nice, I guess, but OUCH I was not expecting that!
Daymmmmmmmm that's cold
Ya same here, and I received my II a week ago. Guess they haven't updated it yet!
Okay! Thanks for responding! 🙂
Clarification question. Are the limits on these essay counting JUST characters or character w/ space?
Clarification question. Are the limits on these essay counting JUST characters or character w/ space?
With spaces.
Just submitted my secondary last night. Letters should already be in. Anyone know how long it takes them to send a complete email?
With spaces.
Just submitted my secondary last night. Letters should already be in. Anyone know how long it takes them to send a complete email?
I got mine 4 days after I submitted, and my LORs were already in at that point, as well.
I guess I'm just being too anxious but the last batch of ii's was for my complete date. I'll hold out hope!
It's WAY early to be counting it out. Interview invites don't go strictly by complete dates, I don't know why so many people seem to think this is the case.
Does the status change at all between "complete" and getting an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the status change at all between "complete" and getting an II?
Mine didn't. Last email before my II was the "Your application is complete" email.
Does the status change at all between "complete" and getting an II?
My status did not change. I would not imagine it is an issue.
Hey guys,
I submitted my secondary the 1st. So it's been more than 10 business days and I haven't gotten a complete email. My LORs were in way before and my AMCAS was verified. Should I wait it out more or send an email? It's technically been 13 business days now.
I submitted my secondary the 1st. So it's been more than 10 business days and I haven't gotten a complete email. My LORs were in way before and my AMCAS was verified. Should I wait it out more or send an email? It's technically been 13 business days now.
hey guys,
did any of you get student hosting yet?
I haven't heard anything back but I am not scheduled until 9/19
Hey guys,
I submitted my secondary the 1st. So it's been more than 10 business days and I haven't gotten a complete email. My LORs were in way before and my AMCAS was verified. Should I wait it out more or send an email? It's technically been 13 business days now.
Have you tried logging onto the Georgetown website?
Yeah, it just says submitted. I don't want to be annoying but I do want to know if anything is missingHave you tried logging onto the Georgetown website?
Anyone know if they are open or closed file?
Yeah, it just says submitted. I don't want to be annoying but I do want to know if anything is missing
Interesting. Mine says submit and below it, it has my completion date. Maybe they haven't marked your file as complete yet? I would call since it has been more than 10 days like you mentioned.
Anyone know if they are open or closed file?
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/georgetown/survey/26
I looked at that but was confused. One third Are closed nd the rest are open?
I looked at that but was confused. One third Are closed nd the rest are open?
I am pretty sure they have access to your essays but no stats. So some people interpret that as open and others closed. Or maybe some interviewers have your file and others don't. who knows.
Interview invite today. Complete August 13.
Interview invite today! Complete 7/23
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woops double post.
E
efredman
Hi all,
I was just checking my status on the Georgetown website and I see that when I clicked GU SoM Post-Submission Updates it says "Interview" at the top in bold letters. Does it say that for everyone?
I was just checking my status on the Georgetown website and I see that when I clicked GU SoM Post-Submission Updates it says "Interview" at the top in bold letters. Does it say that for everyone?
Hi all,
I was just checking my status on the Georgetown website and I see that when I clicked GU SoM Post-Submission Updates it says "Interview" at the top in bold letters. Does it say that for everyone?
It does for me, and I haven't heard anything back from them about an interview.
Hi all,
I was just checking my status on the Georgetown website and I see that when I clicked GU SoM Post-Submission Updates it says "Interview" at the top in bold letters. Does it say that for everyone?
That means you got an interview. Call them to confirm.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K