-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I had mine requested 8/19- but still yet to hear back- anyone from that date hear back yet?
Try 7/29. Not a lot of activity from Mayo lately, apparently.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try 7/29. Not a lot of activity from Mayo lately, apparently.
👍 7/16 here
Reapplicants are put in a separate pile and will be looked at sometime in the future...supposedly
Can anyone comment on this? I am a reapplicant with fee paid sometime around 7/14 who has had silence since. Anyone familiar with the timeline of consideration for reapplicants?
Can anyone comment on this? I am a reapplicant with fee paid sometime around 7/14 who has had silence since. Anyone familiar with the timeline of consideration for reapplicants?
Yeah, I would be interested in this as well. When I spoke with Mayo over the phone this spring, I was encouraged to reapply. Nothing was said about the reapplicants being put in a separate pile...
Yeah, I would be interested in this as well. When I spoke with Mayo over the phone this spring, I was encouraged to reapply. Nothing was said about the reapplicants being put in a separate pile...
I'm reapplicant. I got the LOR request on 7/29. I am not a reapplicant to Mayo, though, so I don't know what group that would put me in.
I'm reapplicant. I got the LOR request on 7/29. I am not a reapplicant to Mayo, though, so I don't know what group that would put me in.
I seems like this must apply to reapplicants to Mayo
After the number of "got rejected" posts I have thus far read, I am probably going to stay off sdn for a few weeks hahaha. Good luck everyone!
Reapplicants are put in a separate pile and will be looked at sometime in the future...supposedly
Have any reapplicants heard back yet?
has there been any recent LOR requests sent out?
Yes, today (9/04)
Woke up to an interview invite this morning!!! SOOO HAPPY!! Was in the second batch of LOR requests and second batch of complete dates.
Congrats!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woke up to an interview invite this morning!!! SOOO HAPPY!! Was in the second batch of LOR requests and second batch of complete dates.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? When did you submit payment/have your letters pulled?
Try 7/29. Not a lot of activity from Mayo lately, apparently.
7/24 LOR request for me, and 7/31 confirmed received
Hello all! Just thought I would add to the data in this thread:
Complete: 8/23
Fee waiver notice: 8/24
LoR request: 9/4
Complete: 8/23
Fee waiver notice: 8/24
LoR request: 9/4
Congrats!!!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? When did you submit payment/have your letters pulled?
Thanks everyone! GPA is >3.9 and MCAT is higher than their average. My LOR request was in the second batch (don't remember the date lol) and I was complete on 7/29.
do they request for your letters even if they are on amcas?
Yes 🙂
Thank you for your application to Mayo Medical School. To continue the review of your application, we request that you submit letters of reference. Please note that if you have sent your letters to AMCAS prior to receiving this notification, you do not need to resend them. This email is letting you know that we will now begin retrieving your letters.
First rejection 🙁
Is it weird that I never got a LOR request but my rejection letter was a "not selected for an interview invite" letter??
This. LizzyM score of 69, so not like I was expecting an interview invite, but I'd like to hope I was rejected post-LoR. Designated letters to Mayo before they sent me a request, never got a LoR request email, but received this email today, three weeks after payment:
Thank you for your application and interest in Mayo Medical School. The medical school admissions committee has recently concluded a thorough review of a large number of applications received from interested individuals. The committee was very impressed with the high quality of the applicant pool. However, we have received many more competitive applications than we can recommend for an interview and/or a position at Mayo Medical School for 2014. We believe that this reflects the depth and quality of the applicant pool and the accompanying intensity of the competition for the number of positions in our medical school.
Unfortunately, your application was not among those selected for an invitation to interview. We appreciate your serious interest in Mayo Medical School as well as the time and effort you have devoted to preparing your application.
We wish you well in your future pursuits and offer you our best wishes for success in your career. Once again, thank you for your interest in Mayo Medical School.
Is there still anyone else in the 1st or 2nd batch LOR Requests who haven't heard back?
I haven't heard yet in 2nd batch of letter requests.
They must still be sifting through our apps thenI haven't heard yet in 2nd batch of letter requests.
Is there still anyone else in the 1st or 2nd batch LOR Requests who haven't heard back?
2nd batch here. I am not too worried as much as before, though. My MCAT is lower than the average, and I tried to adjust my perspective and expectations lately.
If I get II, I will be so happy but if not, I am still thankful that I passed the LOR screen.
Hmm..
Looking back at the thread, seems like
First batch: 7/8
Second batch: 7/16
Third batch: 7/24
Then it gets fuzzy - I guess some 7/29, definitely a big batch 8/2.
Maybe we should talk in terms if invite dates and LOR received dates instead of "batches"?
Haha neurotic thread procedures
I'm in the August 19th "batch" though we may need to re-define batches
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fee Rec. July 26Is there still anyone else in the 1st or 2nd batch LOR Requests who haven't heard back?
LOR Request. July 30
LOR Received. July 31
I haven't heard a thing back either so don't stress!!! 🙂
Fee Rec. July 26
LOR Request. July 30
LOR Received. July 31
I haven't heard a thing back either so don't stress!!! 🙂
Try...
Fee Rec July 3....then silence.
LoR request 9/4
LoR received 9/6
Note: I had pre-assigned my letters to Mayo through AMCAS. So if anyone was still wondering, if you assigned your letters when you submitted your primary, they will still update you via email when they retrieve your letters.
Best wishes!
LoR received 9/6
Note: I had pre-assigned my letters to Mayo through AMCAS. So if anyone was still wondering, if you assigned your letters when you submitted your primary, they will still update you via email when they retrieve your letters.
Best wishes!
Figured I would post too 🙂
8/28 Fee Received
9/5 (at 1:30AM...so really 9/4 for some of you) LOR Request
LORs not received yet, but through AMCAS so should be today or tomorrow
Good luck everyone!! I'm really excited.
8/28 Fee Received
9/5 (at 1:30AM...so really 9/4 for some of you) LOR Request
LORs not received yet, but through AMCAS so should be today or tomorrow
Good luck everyone!! I'm really excited.
do they do open or closed file interviews?
Open file interviews, I believe.
7/31 LOR received.
Rejected 9/8. ~3.8/35
Most disappointing rejection so far, but you never know with Mayo. With this string of rejections, I think there is another round of II's on the horizon. Good luck!!
Rejected 9/8. ~3.8/35
Most disappointing rejection so far, but you never know with Mayo. With this string of rejections, I think there is another round of II's on the horizon. Good luck!!
Did you guys get a "File Complete" email? I got a LOR request 2 months ago but my letters didn't arrive until 8/24, and since then I haven't heard anything from them. Should I call or just wait?
Sorry about the rejections guys :/
Related question, to those in the know:
I received the LOR received email on 7/22, and it has been silence ever since. Is it likely that my application has survived the axe of rejections?
Related question, to those in the know:
I received the LOR received email on 7/22, and it has been silence ever since. Is it likely that my application has survived the axe of rejections?
I was in the second batch of requests and LOR received 7/21. silence too...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted549658
.
Last edited by a moderator:
LORs received on the 29th, also rejected yesterday. Bummed, but hey...what can ya do.
29th of July? Sorry to hear about it!
LOR request 9/3, God this is gonna take a lil while isn't it
LOR request 9/3, God this is gonna take a lil while isn't it
When did you pay your fee?
Hey guys, quick question.
How long did it take to get the LOR Received email for those of you who had already assigned them via AMCAS? I'm seeing some really quick turnaround times, just curious.
Thanks!
🙂
How long did it take to get the LOR Received email for those of you who had already assigned them via AMCAS? I'm seeing some really quick turnaround times, just curious.
Thanks!
🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K